• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen That Is One Big Book O_O;

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    I saw Platinum's Official Guide when I went to pick my copy of Platinum up at Best Buy today, too. It was really surprising, epically considering how small the text was. :cer_eek: I didn't buy it because I'm saving up for a new DS, and I still need about $60. Also, yes, I did get the Giratina figure. It took a bit of arguing, but I still got it. :cer_tongue:

LugiaFreak

Years
    Also, yes, I did get the Giratina figure. It took a bit of arguing, but I still got it. :cer_tongue:
    You had to argue? What for? The guy at GameStop just gave it to me.

And regarding some earlier comments... The Giratina figure is awesome, even though its small. But, what can you expect from it being free and all? :D

I cannot believe how much info is packed into that book. It's crazy! I'm really glad I have it, though, just because I don't think I'll ever use Seribii or Marriland again...

Hah, just kidding. :P

danomater

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 13, 2011
    I picked the guide up and decided that if need be I could hit someone in the head hard enough and kill them... They took the guide from me until I was done shopping, after the asked me five times if I was sure I was going to buy it. The guy was like " are you sure your going to buy it and not hit your friend in the head?" I gave him this look, and then told him, I just bought it now I can us it as a blunt as much as I want.

Eexcuse the the whole blunt thing, I ment blunt object. I'm on a cell phone, so my editing skills suck.

Last edited:

glow.ForEveR

wut is this i dont even
    Years
    Okay, so I went to GameStop yesterday to pick up my Platinum. I had brought $40.00 with me just in case, but I had two DS games I was turning in and an EdgeCard with money on it so I didn't think I would need it...

Then I saw Platinum's Official Guide, and I was OMFG that is HUGE! Who agrees?

I bought it anyway. :D

Also, as a side topic, who else got the weird little Giratina (Origin Forme) figurine free with the Platinum game? I thought that was pretty awesome.

Anyway, discuss.

Yea its pretty giant. I bought it too. I work at gamestop so i get 25% off the guides when i buy the game :3

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    This guide is indeed quite big... with a multicolor cover and very decorative pages. I decided to get it, though I don't think it's quite as cool as Phantom Hourglass's Hardcover guide book.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    I felt like such a geek putting that beast on the counter. It's not as helpful as I'd hoped either.

Ah well. It's still a nice reference to have.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I felt like such a geek putting that beast on the counter. It's not as helpful as I'd hoped either.

Ah well. It's still a nice reference to have.
    not helpful? Of course it is helpful! It gives you hints to go in a certain building and maybe get an item you might not have gotten before. The book is amazing.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    not helpful? Of course it is helpful! It gives you hints to go in a certain building and maybe get an item you might not have gotten before. The book is amazing.
    Well yeah, in that sense. I really used the wrong words.

I was talking more about having trainer line-ups. I wasn't expecting it, but the last time I had gotten a guide (Second Gen), it had every trainer's Pokemon. My friend informs me that none of the third gen guides had this feature either, and it's not a big deal.

Just something I missed.

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
    Haha, I have about the same response as everyone.

When I first bought the game though, I turned the guy down on the guide.
    The next day though I went back with a friend for him to pick up his copy and I saw that guide and I was like O.o!!!!! I thought it was a box that came with the game and a whole freaking load of things..
    Needless to say I'm very much enjoying it! No more looking on the internet :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    You had to argue? What for? The guy at GameStop just gave it to me.

And regarding some earlier comments... The Giratina figure is awesome, even though its small. But, what can you expect from it being free and all? :D

Yeah, I had to argue with the clerk at Best Buy. When she first gave me only the game, I told her I was supposed to get the Giratina figure with it. She said that they didn't have any left, but, when I looked in the back of the store (where the video games are located), there were tons of extras. After a couple minutes of fighting, she finally checked the computer again and there was a Giratina figure reserved under my name the whole time. :cer_shifty: By the way, the Giratina figure wasn't free. The $5 you had to pay to reserve the game was basically paying for the figure.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    That guide is huge. I was like;

:O
    WTF

but i haven't actually bought it yet.
    or the game.
    LOL
    XD

jakex

poketopia king
    Years
    I went to best buy, and saw that thing, and i said wow u=you could bench press that thing LoL. The figurine was awesome, and i was hoping darkai would be free in the game to catch

Farasha

The Eevee Lady
    Years
    That thing looks like the phone book for my home town O.o

...Man, now I wish I didn't have to wait another three weeks to buy Platinum. Gah, my boss needs to stop giving away my shifts.

Years
    I wanted to guide, but the place my grandma went to when she bought the game doesn't carry the guide books anymore, so I didn't get it. I have the little figurine though and the new ds holder.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I saw it. It WAS HUGE! xD. I didnt get Platinum, but I did go to Gamestop a while ago. xD. What is exactly in it! It seems to big to be just a guide for a game! xD (Then again, PKMN is VERY popular.) xD

Back