• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That one level/game/enemy

Years
  • That one game that you detest, that one level that you cannot pass, and that one enemy that you cannot beat.

So what are your bane?

Mine: EVERY. MARIO. GAME. I cannot ever hope to beat one, I almost always die due to timeout...

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • I think many will share my feelings on this:

Patchouli. Knowledge.

I mean, she's not overly difficult, but her level is a royal pain in the butt. And then you fight her. Rage.

Or Or Or...

Reimu Hakurei, as a boss.

DUPLEX BORDER IS H4X. FANTASY HEAVEN IS H4X!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Interesting topic. Today I'd like to detest...

RUSTY BUCKET BAY

The infamous level in Banjo Kazooie, is probably the hardest level you'll ever face in an adventure/platform game ever. It's considered the be the most difficult level in the game, or even the series. Despite there being no bosses, with the level design being very hard to survive in, as well as toxic water, I'll be amazed if you can get the majority of everything (80%) on your first try in the level.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Uh, one level that i dont like at all, um..

TEH BATTLE OF KHE SANH

I hated one part in this Call Of Duty: Black Ops level, THE BARRELS. I didnt know what to do with those barrels for so long.......... walkthroughs ftw! XD

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • The secret KONG temples in DKCountry Returns. Oh the pain. The horror. The several power-ups you'll be forced to use to survive for at least 40 seconds. Trial and death. If you want hard, old-gen challenges, there you go.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Trying to beat Ridley in Super Metroid, or briefly Geetis in Black. I only won through sheer luck (laying a Power Bomb before Ridley grabbed me again at 20 health, no reserve tanks, and having the bomb go off before he could kill me; somehow critting on his last Pokémon).

Years
  • That last level on the Simpson Hit & Run Game. I could never get Grandpa to the power plant >;(
    OH MY GOD, I REMEMBER THAT.
    I think I only ever managed to complete the last level once (and then restarted the game a few days after. D:)

The hardest level in a videogame? Probably the Sacred Grounds in Cave Story. I still haven't completed it. :/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Zelda II. Cannot figure it out, will never figure it out, I just won't even touch it. Nice music though, I'll give it that. Seriously. Takes the cake as being the hardest Zelda game, imo. Excluding the CDi games, of course.

Years
  • The mission "Freefall" (where you're supposed to jump out of your plane to take over another plane...somehow) in GTA-San Andreas. God, I hated that thing, took me almost as long to beat as the rest of the entire game.

The Dragon on the island (no idea what it's called) in Sacred. Nowhere to run from the fire. Thankfully he's optional.

"Steadwick's Fall" (where you're supposed to take the enemy's ridiculously heavy guarded capital within 2 or 3 months) in Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Took me some serious luck (the overpowered hero that's usually guarding the city you're supposed to capture just standing around next to a windmill and some wimp doing his job instead) the first time I beat it, and some serious abuse (getting tons of as high as possible leveled magic heroes in the level before and spamming around Implosions (strongest damage spell in the game, but still ineffective against high numbers) before eventually walking in with my army and cleaning up) the second time after losing my savefile for some reason I don't remember. I still haven't beaten the game by the way, been too busy playing random maps when playing it.

Leverkusen in Anstoß 3. No matter if its 2000 or 2030 and if my team consists of a bunch of incompetents or the world's best 11 players, I ALWAYS lose against Leverkusen, even when I keep reloading the game.

The Caliph in Stronghold Crusader. If I attack with a small army, they just get killed by his archers, no surprise. If I send a huge army, he'll just burn it to death. The only way to beat him seems either Maceman rushing (which I'll only to in 1v1 because otherwise my economy will be seriously crippled) or a long, long war of attrition where he'll finally die after centuries of bombing his castle with catapults (thankfully stone is an infinite resource in this game) and repeatedly destroying all exterior buildings.

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
    Years
  • Demi-Fiend, from Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga. There's a reason that guy tops a lot of "hardest boss ever" charts, if said chart excludes FFX International (that game is just unfair).
    You can get max stats, and every skill and item in the game, and he'll still throw you around like a speck of dust. He's blatantly overpowered, and nearly unbeatable. I haven't beaten him yet myself, but not for lack of trying.
    Also, Etrian Oddysey's Primevil. Also ridiculously overpowered, but that one I actually managed to beat (after several attempts).

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Game: Probably gonna have to go with Pikmin on the Wii. The traditional controls on the gamecube were MUCH better.
    Level: Forest Navel on Pikmin, Wii OR Gamecube. Because of one enemy...
    Enemy: I think this evil thing is called the Puffstool - it makes your Pikmin turn bizarre and attack Olimar.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i've played almost all of them, but to this day i have NEVER beaten a Zelda game
    same thing goes with Kingdom Hearts

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • The level where you have to deactivate the bombs in Sheep, Dog 'N' Wolf.

Also probably whenever you're surrounded by monsters in FFXII, seriously the bosses are like nothing compared to the monsters you fight along the way to get to them.

The magic only tower and the Dragon's Den in FFVI were also pretty annoying considering I haven't even gotten past the latter.

Antic.x.Fantasia

-Original D r o p o u t B o y;
    Years
  • As a player of Rom Hacks, I'm sure I could pull some obvious choices out.
    Kaizo Mario World, Brutal Mario.... I've even tried I Wanna Be The Guy.
    (If you don't know what those are, maybe you're better off...)
    Aside from those rediculous and...rather obvious picks, I could go with some others.

Boss: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3. Nyx. She's a 12 or 13 step final boss, which, if you die, you start back from the beginning. Not too hard on easy or normal...but if you're playing Persona 3 Portable's Maniac mode, god help you.
    Her most annoying tactic is using a move (spell...thing...) that, if you do ANYTHING against her, it reflects. She'll keep that up and batter your face.

Not very fun.

Also, the Special world in Super Mario World (the SNES one). There's hard...and then there's Nintendo Hard. And these are (albeit very minute) a showing of the latter.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • @PIXY MAN I think you meant Any Megaman game from the classic timeline.

Anyway, today I thought I'd share someone else whom I consider to be a difficult boss.

That one level/game/enemy

THE SHADOW QUEEN
    She may seem like an innocent little Peach imitator at first, but in reality, she's much worse than that! She has a much more dastardly form which has used Princess Peach's bosy as a host, or capsule for herself. As the last boss in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door you can bet your life she's hard. She has 150 HP and at best, you're only able to do 20 damage per turn, and when you get her down to just over half, she reveals her true form and you can't even touch her. That's right, she becomes invincible! From knowledge, you have to let her hit you multiple times, and let her mooch health right off you and your partner. You can't touch her until you activate something, which I don't know what that is, but hell, she's one hard boss to fight.

After you activate the thing, which will allow you to actually hit her again, you need to be able to keep your FP at a nice level to use some nice moves, and hide to avoid powerful attacks, and whittle her massive 150 HP down to zero again. All that as well as trying to keep her down at a low enough health, but not too low so she decided to heal 30-40 HP.

tl;dr she's tough to beat, and deal with it.

Back