• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The 2 new Eevee Evolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
  • Eh, I can't wait for a bug eevee evolution xD, but the Ice one is just O.O, The grass one in my opinion is really only so-so ^^;

Years
  • I personally don't like either of them that much. I would've much rathered seen like a steel version or ground version. I wonder if there will be more if we get a 5th generation.

Ahegil

The Breeder Chick
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    well there's a problem with making more eeveelutions. all of the eeveelutions have 2 good stats, and the rest are fairly decent. for instance, jolteon has good speed and sp attack, while vaporeon has good hp and sp attack. while leafeon has good defense and attack, glaceon has good defense and special attack.

the thing about the 2 good stats is that they must make sense for the pokemon, and must be different than the other eeveelution's stats. it makes sense for jolteon to have such good speed and sp attack because he's an electric type. it makes sense for leafeon to have good defense and attack because it's a grass type with physical matter.

if you were to make a flying type, the only thing that would make sense for a winged cat is maybe high speed and sp defense. since no other eevee evo has this combination yet, it could work. ghost type: it wouldn't work. besides, no moveset could work for a phantom cat. fighting type: it wouldn't work. same goes for a fighting cat... steel type: maybe. if it had a separation of 3 better stats (like espeon) between sp defense, defense, and attack/speed, then it could definitely work (and would be so awesome!!). a ground type: it could work. high HP and attack/defense. it just wouldn't be so interesting. a bug type: bug types usually have all-around decent stats. it could work, and would be fun =).

finally, normal type. we need one. now. and it needs to be awesome, with both high attack and special attack and speed. i always thought it'd be awesome if you could use the everstone on eevee, and though it's effect is to make it NOT evolve, eevee reacts different to it, and we get eeveeon.

the reason for making new evo's is so the player has alot of diferant Evo's to choose from in my up coming hack your starter will evo with a leaf/thunder/moon stone then from there evo again i thin a pokemon having multible evo's is pretty nice it give's you more chance to "customize" your game

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
  • Lol theyre really barkin up the wrong name bush with Glaceon and Leafeon

theyre off of LEAF and GLACIER i like it when theyre not related to their type AT ALL

but in the other eevelutions (cool word):
    Vaporeon: what has that got to do with Water?
    Umbreon and Espeon: They got nothing to do with Night/Day
    Jolteon:Jolt is to do with Electricity... but its faraway enough not to be TOO obvious
    Flareon: Flare/Fire.... Eh not too close

Well they might do... but i only have a 9th Grade Education......

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Lol theyre really barkin up the wrong name bush with Glaceon and Leafeon

theyre off of LEAF and GLACIER i like it when theyre not related to their type AT ALL

Jolteon:Jolt is to do with Electricity... but its faraway enough not to be TOO obvious

......WHAT? 9th grade and...What kind of school are you going to??

Vaporeon-WATER VAPOR
    Umbreon-UMBRA=TERM FOR DARKNESS
    Espeon-...ESP=Extrasensory perception, AKA what psychics have

And how are Jolt and Flare NOT naming their types??

That is EXACTLY why those names are more likely.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2006
    Lol theyre really barkin up the wrong name bush with Glaceon and Leafeon

Vaporeon = Water Vapor
    Umbreon = Umbra, the latin word for shadow
    Espeon = ESP (Extrasensory Perception, as previously mentioned)

I agree, though, that Leafeon/Leafia and Glaceon/Glacia are really direct.
    Maybe Foleon (Foliage) and Glazeon (Glaze, though not much different from Glaceon >.>)

Elite MarcoPolo

Life Is All About Variety!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2007
    Vaporeon = Water Vapor

Maybe Foleon (Foliage) and Glazeon (Glaze, though not much different from Glaceon >.>)

Ohh, want fries with that?
    No really, I am eating them right now.

ggggghhhhhgggggggggggggggggggggggghjjhhhbggggggggggggggg
    Sorry a peice of french fry fell into my keyboard...

Anyways, interesting concepts... I honestly never cared about it really...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Vaporeon = Water Vapor

...Thanks for repeating what I just got through saying >.>...

Elite MarcoPolo said:
    Ohh, want fries with that?
    No really, I am eating them right now.

ggggghhhhhgggggggggggggggggggggggghjjhhhbggggggggg gggggg
    Sorry a peice of french fry fell into my keyboard...

...Thanks for that bit of completely-unnecessary off-topicness >.>...

Seriously, can we try to stay more on-topic here (and be smart about it)?

Scyther

Te odeo interfice te cochleare
    Years
  • I think the ice eevee evolution is the worst one they have ever made, the idea was there...but they just f'd up the sprite...the grass one isnt as bad the ice, but still pathetic...i think they are just going out of hand...i mean if they are that crap looking what makes you think future ones would look any better -_-

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    I think the ice eevee evolution is the worst one they have ever made, the idea was there...but they just f'd up the sprite...the grass one isnt as bad the ice, but still pathetic...i think they are just going out of hand...i mean if they are that crap looking what makes you think future ones would look any better -_-

Yup, I agree. The ice one will be useless. The grass one is okay, There is not alot of grass pokémon so I think that's a good I idea that they put the grass eevee

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    glacia

i have choosen glacia
    simply because its appearance awe s me ...and would go along well with umbreon (breeding):laugh:

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
    Years
    • MD
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    My only beef is they didn't stay consisent with the names - wouldn't it have been better if it were Leafeon, and Glaceon?
    Ya they should of kept with the name consistency.

i want a ghost and fighting type!
    A Fighting Type probably couldn't be made because Eevee's evo's are on all 4's & Fighting Types aren't on all fours and I think Eevee becoming a humanoid evo would get us all peeved.

As for my thoughts on Eevee's new evo's I think both of them could of looked a hell of a lot better, I mean I could imagine a Ice Type evo that looks better and considering that they have so many talented artist on staff you think they could of made better Eevee evo's as well as made better choices for alot of the Pokémon in this new generation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back