• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 2nd Most Important Poll Ever!

What came first?

• Egg

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Chicken

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Ya time for some spoffness!
    Which came first the chicken or the egg? If it was the egg who laid it?

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
  • I think it was the chicken. if we're going the bliblical route, I don't recall God creating eggs of animals. That's my guess.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Heh, if we're gonna talk about chickens and eggs, maybe the chicken didn't lay the egg. I say something else laid the egg, but it got it's DNA messed up by some cosmic rays from Venus (I'm making stuff up, okay? :-p ) and this means the first chicken came from that weird egg.

Just my theory ;-)

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Toothache said:
    If we're going along the Bible route, didn't they make ducks before Jesus?

Anyway, that's just kinda wrong on one level...

But since all gods already hate meh, maybe I can make they hate me more! >=D

And Jesus did that with a male duck XD
    Okaye, I think I should stop... Never! >=P
    *Zeus cast Thunder Spell on meh* XD

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • This thread could easily become a flame war, so let's be careful I guess...

Generally speaking, this is basically a paradox, but I'll go ahead and say chicken anyway.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • ^^NICK^^ v.3.0 said:
    I think it was the chicken. if we're going the bliblical route, I don't recall God creating eggs of animals. That's my guess.

I'm with you completely... in fact according to Genesis, there wasn't anyway to give birth at all because there isn't exactly such a need in Eden, since nothing can die anyway... not sure about plants who still get eaten back then though XD

Jesus is God, so how can God creat a duck before Jesus? Doesn't make sense... before someone attempts to start something, at least do some research... God the father is Jesus the son who is also the holy spirit, and all of them are God, thus the trinity.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • If creatures didn't need to give birth in Eden then why did Adam and Eve have sexual organs? Why did Eve have fuller hips (for the only reason why women have fuller hips is to bear children)? Why bother having two sexes? Oh wait, Eve magically came from Adam's rib. Whatever.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Well, more accurately there was no human death, but as stewards of the earth animals were ours to use, but not abuse. Of course they would have reproduced.

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
    Years
  • An animal rather like today's domesticated fowl, Gallus domesticus, laid an egg, out of which hatched today's chicken, marginally different from its parents due to a mutation.

Magic, obviously.

frosty

Genius
    Years
  • Here's how it went down; the chicken came first for... if the egg came first, who was there to lay it, who was there to fertal it (the rooster did), and who was there to keep it warm, and take care of it?

Years
  • the egg came first b/c if the chicken came first how was it when it was born? and as long as there was something at all to keep it warm it could hatch, not necessarily jsut the parent's butt

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    what r u all talkin about? the egg came first! lets rool back the time frame to the dinosaurs...*rolls back frame* see the dinosaur eggs? o! and LOOK! theres no chickens in existence yet.
    THE EGG CAME FIRST!!!
    now if u said chicken egg...XD

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The egg came first..no one specified what kind of egg...Fish and dinosaur eggs came first, then the chicken came after ^_^

Now as far as whether the chicken or the chicken egg came first, I say the Chicken...

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    the egg came first. cuz you never said which egg. and dinosaurs were laying eggs long before chickens had been evolved. i'm annoying.

Back