• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

Years
  • I keep changing my mind on what colour I want. The black is standard for me and most of the technology stuff I own is black, but then again, the blue is not bad.

I will decide on the day! XD​

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I've decided to go with Blue. The black will smudge and show dust too easily for me.

Togakiss

Stay calm and collective.
    Years
  • I'll most likely do the black 3DS just because I always get black game consoles (unless there is a red version of it). The aqua blue is just too bright for me, whereas the black is nice and sleek. :)

Years
  • I'll most likely do the black 3DS just because I always get black game consoles (unless there is a red version of it). The aqua blue is just too bright for me, whereas the black is nice and sleek. :)

That is, pretty much, why thoughts. But I think I will have a look at them again when I get the time.

:::EDIT:::
    Wow, I think it is safe to say, if you want a 3DS. RESERVE IT OR GET THERE QUICK:
    https://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/115/1152289p1.html

Years
  • We had an event in Bristol a week ago. Was just showing off the console and it has 3DS girls...
    They were... lets say more than happy to show off their 3DS. ><

Anyway, I really didn't gain much from the event, I just got to play on it and was trying to keep my eyes off the girls! XD​

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I found something interesting today about 3DS. This is from Nintendo Life with title Nintendo has 3D Demos of Wii Sports and Super Mario Galaxy:

3DS hardware head Hideki Konno spoke to Kotaku about the experiments the company went through to convince sceptics of how the machine would make games better, starting with a series of 3D games on Nintendo Wii.

- We took a special LCD screen and hooked it up to a Wii. We were able to play Mario Kart Wii on a 3D screen and we were also able to do a number of other experiments, again, sort of exploring the potential of how it could affect gameplay. For example we worked with Animal Crossing, Super Mario Galaxy and Wii Sports as well.

There's some more but not gonna put all in here. This is all that I think is important enough :D

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Urggg... I'm hoping to buy it instore on the day it comes out after school but i'm afraid they'll sell out...

Years
  • I found something interesting today about 3DS. This is from Nintendo Life with title Nintendo has 3D Demos of Wii Sports and Super Mario Galaxy:

3DS hardware head Hideki Konno spoke to Kotaku about the experiments the company went through to convince sceptics of how the machine would make games better, starting with a series of 3D games on Nintendo Wii.

- We took a special LCD screen and hooked it up to a Wii. We were able to play Mario Kart Wii on a 3D screen and we were also able to do a number of other experiments, again, sort of exploring the potential of how it could affect gameplay. For example we worked with Animal Crossing, Super Mario Galaxy and Wii Sports as well.

There's some more but not gonna put all in here. This is all that I think is important enough :D

Interesting...​

Urggg... I'm hoping to buy it instore on the day it comes out after school but i'm afraid they'll sell out...

Can you not pre-order it? That is what I have done and I am guaranteed one within a week of its release date. Which means, I can collect at the leastest a week that is comes out.​

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Playing older games on the 3DS (Preferably Pokemon)

Well I've been hearing a lot of things that because the resolution on the 3DS is bigger than the regular DS that older DS games can look a bit fuzzy on the newer 3DS. Well, my question is...does anyone have a 3DS yet and if you've played Pokemon (or any other older DS game for that matter)...does it look fuzzy or *more* pixelated to you?

Years
  • Well I've been hearing a lot of things that because the resolution on the 3DS is bigger than the regular DS that older DS games can look a bit fuzzy on the newer 3DS. Well, my question is...does anyone have a 3DS yet and if you've played Pokemon (or any other older DS game for that matter)...does it look fuzzy or *more* pixelated to you?

I played a 3DS in store where one of my friends works. I played Mario Kart on it, because that was the DS game in it, and there weren't any obvious scaling as such that I could see.

So everything should be alright on that front.​

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    The 3DS has two options for displaying DS games.

You can either have the screens scaled 25% larger (filling the screens vertically) with a smoothing filter on them or display them at the 1:1 pixel ratio with empty space at the top and bottom of the two screens.

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
  • 3Ds help

i am thinking of getting kingdom heart 3D for the 3Ds (which my local morrisons had kiddnapped until i pay the ransome on the 25th)

what do you think?

any other games i should consider buying?
    i like very happy (and sad :'C) storys on games also alot of killing!
    but i do like on killi games too but i don't like boring games
    please help this fellow gamer

Years
  • i am thinking of getting kingdom heart 3D for the 3Ds (which my local morrisons had kiddnapped until i pay the ransome on the 25th)

what do you think?

any other games i should consider buying?
    i like very happy (and sad :'C) storys on games also alot of killing!
    but i do like on killi games too but i don't like boring games
    please help this fellow gamer

You like killing? Get one/two of the 3D Resident Evil games coming out for the 3DS then.
    One I must recommend, is Ocarina of Time 3D. Legend of a game.​

Blaze The Hedgehog

The Flaming Wolf!
    Years
  • I don't want to sound like a grouch or anything but..

I hate it..?

I just think that 3D is a huge gimmick. I've seen the 3DS in demo and it didn't impress me much. This just isn't doing it for me. The only reason I'll buy a 3DS is because I see that the DS will be obsolete sooner or later (backwards compatibility, thanks Nintendo).

So no thanks, I'm out.

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    i pre ordered an aqua blue one, im not happy about the launch games becuase their arent any that i want, i might get nintendogs but i doubt it. i think its going to be like the wii and if you dont preorder one or get it launch day its going to be impossible to get one for a LOOOOOOOOONG time. im just looking forward to star fox and a new mario kart, and others but mainly those.

Years
  • I don't want to sound like a grouch or anything but..

I hate it..?

I just think that 3D is a huge gimmick. I've seen the 3DS in demo and it didn't impress me much. This just isn't doing it for me. The only reason I'll buy a 3DS is because I see that the DS will be obsolete sooner or later (backwards compatibility, thanks Nintendo).

So no thanks, I'm out.

The DS won't become obsolete any time soon. I would put money on that. Why would they kill off a console for all ages? It would be suicide for them to do that.

However, I know what you mean about it not doing anything for you. It i a lot of money for something that could be considered not important. But it is down to the buyer.​

Back