• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The 3DS is the best thing to happen to Pokemon since GSC

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
The 3DS is the best thing to happen to Pokemon since GSC!

Why?

Because of the worldwide release on this as-of-yet encrypted and un-cracked platform. Think about this, now. The release of Generations 3, 4 AND 5 were all spoiled by ROMs leaking onto the internet. All those games had their deepest, darkest secrets exposed for all to see... and thus, a year later, when "new" legendary Pokemon came out, we just shrugged and yawned because we'd known about them for so long!

Game Freak had to add in form changes for Pokemon in Generations 3, 4 AND 5 in order for them to introduce SOMETHING new and of substance every time without breaking compatibility with games in the same generation.

This time, when Pokemon X&Y hit shelves, we will have a nice, steady, slow trickle of information. Not only will there be many more surprises for us in the game than normal, but Game Freak could easily hide AS MANY NEW POKEMON AS THEY WANT in the game code that they wish to "hold back" for the inevitable 3rd or 4th Generation 6 game. What does this mean?

If and when there's a Pokemon Z, that game could have anther 10, 20, 50, 100 Pokemon that Pokemon X&Y never had available.... AND we'll be delightfully surprised about it! Even if that never happens, how exciting will it be knowing that there's at LEAST one secret Pokemon we might not find out about until way after we own the game? Pretty exciting, I think!

This is like Christmas morning. THIS is the best thing to happen to Pokemon since Generation 2. What do you think? Had you thought about this aspect?

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I just realized that we won't know the Jiranchi, or Deoxys of these games until they are truely revealed...or when someone cracks the code...I hope it's the surprise option.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I've never thought about this. And I thank you for bringing this up, BECAUSE THIS IS GOING TO BE SO AWESOME.

One of the few reasons I like Generation I (which is mostly an overrated generation, in my humble opinion) is because back then, people actually discovered Pokemon from catching them in the wild and secret Pokemon were actually secret. It won't stop people from posting about Pokemon on the internet, but I prefer the thrill of the discovery of Pokemon one-by-one as opposed to them all being leaked onto the internet at once.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The fact that they are world wide also reduces the spoiling as we'll be playing the games on the same day as the Japanese, well those of us who get them on day one at least...

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
3DS roms have always been dumped since day 1; there's just no way to emulate them right now. I'm not saying I support piracy but I'm stating the facts and I'm quite certain that the 3DS will be emulated eventually.

On topic: I do like not knowing and being surprised so that's rad.

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
Considering how opinionated your post is, I'm going to take it all with a grain of salt. I myself enjoy both the surprises and the information being already out there. When it comes to Event Legendaries and and the possible items that correspond with them, I want it to be a complete surprise as intended. However when dealing with the pokemon that you can catch throughout the various routes as you play the game, I'd like to know almost if not every one of them so that I'd have a good idea as to what I will use on my team and make decisions for my final team in-game.

As for this being the best thing since Gen 2, nah. XY will be amazing, but it's yet to see what they contribute other than simply being in 3D. Sure the new battle style looks great, as does the overworld, but we've barely seen any of it so far and can't fully say how it feels to play compared to the previous games. Each game has progressively gotten better and added more to the series, just like XY will.

As for the general population, they wouldn't dump the information and put it up if people didn't want to read it, and people wouldn't read it and get even more hyped for the releases if they didn't want to. It's all opinion, but that's how I feel about it. I'm hyped and I'd like some surprise, but I still would like to know who all I can have on my team in the long run.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

This is going to be awesome! Going to be offline after release, because I don't want too many spoilers. This was a really clever move by Nintendo, it will get way more sales and people will actually be excited!

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Considering how opinionated your post is, I'm going to take it all with a grain of salt. I myself enjoy both the surprises and the information being already out there. When it comes to Event Legendaries and and the possible items that correspond with them, I want it to be a complete surprise as intended. However when dealing with the pokemon that you can catch throughout the various routes as you play the game, I'd like to know almost if not every one of them so that I'd have a good idea as to what I will use on my team and make decisions for my final team in-game.

As for this being the best thing since Gen 2, nah. XY will be amazing, but it's yet to see what they contribute other than simply being in 3D. Sure the new battle style looks great, as does the overworld, but we've barely seen any of it so far and can't fully say how it feels to play compared to the previous games. Each game has progressively gotten better and added more to the series, just like XY will.

As for the general population, they wouldn't dump the information and put it up if people didn't want to read it, and people wouldn't read it and get even more hyped for the releases if they didn't want to. It's all opinion, but that's how I feel about it. I'm hyped and I'd like some surprise, but I still would like to know who all I can have on my team in the long run.

Well, the plus is that like I said, people will still dump this kind of information onto the internet within days-ish! It'll take a little longer to get more obscure information about Pokemon up, I would believe, but I honestly don't think it'll take that long. Information gets across the internet really fast and once it's up, it's not going down. With so many Pokemon fans, I don't think it'll take long at all.

I feel this is a win-win for everybody! People who like surprises will get surprises, and people who don't will get their information soon enough. At least, I hope!

...I hope Gamefreak can work this out to suit everybody's tastes...

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I have noticed that since the new games will be on the Nintendo 3DS, it has made it so that Game Freak can put in so many Pokémon into the game as they'd like to have, so then they'd reveal the event Pokémon without any website knowing that they even existed in the game's coding. It would be a surprise to everyone, including me. But I'd much prefer it if I knew about it before The Pokémon Company revealed the new event Pokémon, 'cause I like being spoiled. xD

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
This is indeed a good thing, I hate spoilers, especially Pokemon spoilers which are generally hard to avoid, so this being on 3DS and worldwide is a relief.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
If and when there's a Pokemon Z, that game could have anther 10, 20, 50, 100 Pokemon that Pokemon X&Y never had available....

I really doubt they'd add more Pokemon just to a third version remake. Those Pokemon would be unable to interact with the older games, like how you couldn't seen Gen 2 Pokemon "back in time" to Gen 1 games with the Time Machine.

Genesect was revealed after Black 2 and White 2 came out, even though its data was in Black and White already.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I luv surprises..

7 years ago when i used to play rby, i had to collect all 150 pkmns(never heard of mew dat tym) i just couldnt get a wild dratini.. I just was going to dump d rom away but while fishing in safari zone, voila, i got it... I was rly happy to get cuz i didnt took help frm the net (i m serious)..

So i just want to say dat all the pkmns should be dr in the game only(in game events or hidden somewhere)so dat we can cmplete our dex widout events. And some pkmns like genesect n mew can be cmpletely hidden frm d dex. It should be only activated only when we r gettin a hiddn pkmn frm an extrnal event..

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
I really doubt they'd add more Pokemon just to a third version remake. Those Pokemon would be unable to interact with the older games, like how you couldn't seen Gen 2 Pokemon "back in time" to Gen 1 games with the Time Machine.

Genesect was revealed after Black 2 and White 2 came out, even though its data was in Black and White already.

That's exactly what he's saying. They could hide those extra Pokemon in the code for X and Y and make them available in the third version. No compatibility break there.

It would be like if we didn't know Genesect was there until they announced it.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I just realized that we won't know the Jiranchi, or Deoxys of these games until they are truely revealed...or when someone cracks the code...I hope it's the surprise option.

Oh wow, amazing. I'm sure someone will crack it but I'll actually make an effort to avoid being spoiled of the event Pokemon for once. That'd be pretty cool.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I love spoiling myself when I can, but I do love a good surprise.

I'm actually really excited about the possibilities of not really knowing which Pokémon evolves when, what moves do they learn and when, and what happens where. Sure, these things will hit the internet within a matter of mere hours after release, but it's definitely not going to be as detailed as when the games are released in Japan months before it's out anywhere else and with codes that are much easier to crack.

I believe this is how Black and White should have been since GameFreak was going for a reboot at the time with those games. Where instead it feels like X and Y are more of a refreshing take on the franchise.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Yaa aerilyn its true.. Bcoz of japanese release before eng release, all d info based on evo, moves , location cn be seen in a matter of tym..

But now it ll be released altogether throughout d world...
And i dun think so anyone would want to wait for all info to leak out.. This time it would be a real time adventure with real time 3d graphics

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I may be wrong but doesn't this mean that we won't be able to figure out how the shinies of the new Pokemon look like off the bat?

I think this would be great! This is coming from somebody who doesn't really care about shinies, keep in mind, but from what I can guesstimate I think shiny hunters will love this even more, because it adds to the thrill of the hunt if you don't even know what you're getting! At least, I would imagine.

Back