• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Accurate FireRed Overworld Sprite Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    To add to the plethora of sprite resources available for ROM hackers, I present The Accurate FireRed Overworld Sprite Resource!

The aim of this project is to create overworld sprites that are accurate to the battle sprites for NPCs in the GBA Pokémon games in the style of FRLG's overworld sprites. In the vanilla versions, a handful of overworld sprites are used for different trainer classes, and it sometimes is way off (the Guitarist overworld being used for Bird Keepers, for example). If you don't want that in your hack, this resource is for you! Note that these overworlds do not (all) conform to the default palettes in the ROMs, so if you're a hacker I recommend you use something like Navenatox's palette hack to support custom palettes.

This resource is not for Pokémon overworld sprites!

Overworld sprites:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Spoiler:

You're welcome to use any of the sprites from this resource, just include a link to this thread in the credits section of your thread. You are also welcome to submit your own sprites to be added to the resource, provided they are of an adequate quality, fit the style of FRLG overworlds, have not been completed already, and are properly indexed (i.e. they have been inserted into a ROM and then exported).

Struck-through Trainer classes already have unique or battle sprite-accurate overworld sprites in FRLG; unbolded ones do not yet have custom sprites made for them. The first link next to a bolded Trainer classes are to imgur, to preview what the sprites look like. The second is a download link for the individual overworld frame sprites, for ease of insertion.

Where Trainer classes exist in both FRLG and the Hoenn games (Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald), the overworld sprites will take the design from the battle sprites in FRLG, not RSE. Classes unique to RSE, however, will have the overworld sprites based off their designs.

Attachments

• bird_keeper_overworld_frames.zip
      3.6 KB · Views: 192
    • cue_ball_dismounted_overworld_frames.zip
      3.1 KB · Views: 108
    • kindler_overworld_frames.zip
      3.6 KB · Views: 108
    • pokemon_ranger_female_overworld_frames.zip
      3.4 KB · Views: 109
    • pokemon_ranger_male_overworld_frames.zip
      3.4 KB · Views: 129
    • ruin_maniac_overworld_frames.zip
      3.5 KB · Views: 140
    • biker_dismounted_overworld_frames.zip
      3.4 KB · Views: 114
    • cue_ball_overworld_frames.zip
      3.4 KB · Views: 102
    • expert_female_overworld_frames.zip
      3.3 KB · Views: 107
    • expert_male_overworld_frames.zip
      3.4 KB · Views: 107
    • pokemaniac_overworld_frames.zip
      3.6 KB · Views: 112
    • painter_overworld_frames.zip
      3.6 KB · Views: 121
    • burglar_overworld_frames.zip
      4.3 KB · Views: 110
    Last edited:
    Years
    This is cool! Is this resource only be limited to FR/LG NPCs or non-FR/LG characters can be added too?

Thanks! The plan is to first get through the trainer classes from the Gen. 3 games. After that, I don't see why we can't move on to Trainer classes from the future generations too, although it won't be as useful I feel due to a lack of 64x64 trainer sprites for them. As for custom characters or important NPCs (like Team Aqua or Team Flare grunts or Looker or something), I don't see them being used in this resource.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    Thanks! The plan is to first get through the trainer classes from the Gen. 3 games. After that, I don't see why we can't move on to Trainer classes from the future generations too, although it won't be as useful I feel due to a lack of 64x64 trainer sprites for them. As for custom characters or important NPCs (like Team Aqua or Team Flare grunts or Looker or something), I don't see them being used in this resource.

I see... How about Heroes, Rivals, Gym Leaders, Elite 4 and Champions?

Years
    Done a little QC on the male and female Experts, on the PokéManiac, and for the Cue Ball. I also realised the dismounted Bikers looked too different from their original OWs, so they have been updated too.

Years
    Here is School kid(male) and a Dragon Tamer, feel free to make any corrections if you want :)

Sorry for never replying to this, RL has been hectic and I sorta forgot about this thread haha. They're definitely accepted, although I won't update the OP for now because of laziness but yeah, they're awesome!

Years
    I made an updated version of my old male psychic OW recently. I usually contribute mainly to the Game Dev section but I thought people in the hack section might find use for it. It should be formatted correctly, however I'm not sure about the palette.

EDIT: The palette should be fixed now. It's reduced to 15 colors total.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2018
    I don't know speak in english (so so), but the pictures are an amazing job.
    Felicitaciones!! Excelente trabajo con las imágenes. ¿Se pueden utilizar en algún proyecto o son de uso privado?

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
    I don't know speak in english (so so), but the pictures are an amazing job.
    Felicitaciones!! Excelente trabajo con las imágenes. ¿Se pueden utilizar en algún proyecto o son de uso privado?
    ¡Puedes usarlas! Las imágenes son para cada persona que quiere usarlas~ "Resource" en ingles significa recurso en español.
    In English: You can use them! The images are for everybody that wants to use them. "Resource" in English means recurso in Spanish.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back