• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
  • I really like the ultra sun and moon ultra guardian episodes, they're a lot of fun :3

My favorite outfit for the ultra guardians is Lillie's of course since pink is my favorite color.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    The UG episodes irritate me because they turn the Ultra Beasts into complete jokes

"Oh hi Stakataka, we're gonna SPEND THE ENTIRE DAY DOING NOTHING BUT THROWING POKÉ BALLS AT YOU and tomorrow we're gonna throw TWO AT ONCE."

The only good episode out of all of them so far was Celesteela, and that's only because they remembered that rocket launches are dangerous affairs

On top of that, most of the time Mallow only does one thing per UG episode and there's times Lillie, Lana, and Sophocles do absolutely nothing

Aaaarrrrrgh, SM, why are you so inconsistent in quality?! Your games had so much story potential and you're throwing it all away just so you can abuse Ash to unhealthy degrees

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • The UG episodes irritate me because they turn the Ultra Beasts into complete jokes

"Oh hi Stakataka, we're gonna SPEND THE ENTIRE DAY DOING NOTHING BUT THROWING POKÉ BALLS AT YOU and tomorrow we're gonna throw TWO AT ONCE."

The only good episode out of all of them so far was Celesteela, and that's only because they remembered that rocket launches are dangerous affairs

On top of that, most of the time Mallow only does one thing per UG episode and there's times Lillie, Lana, and Sophocles do absolutely nothing

Aaaarrrrrgh, SM, why are you so inconsistent in quality?! Your games had so much story potential and you're throwing it all away just so you can abuse Ash to unhealthy degrees

It's not just the fact SuMo suffers from Too many characters syndrome but that the setting for Episodes jumps from one island to another with no logic to it whatsoever. They started the series on Melemele(which makes sense), then travel to Akala for Olivia's Trial before going back to Melemele. Then during Aether arc they go to Poni and Ultra Space before going back to Melemele. Then in Episode 60 they go to Ula'Ula before going back to Melemele. Then in Episode 70, they go to Akala for a Kiawe Episode(why I have no idea). Then for Ash's 3rd Trial, it goes back to Ula'Ula so Ash can battle Nanu(wherein Acerola makes her appearance and, to me, is the only redeeming character of the series so far). After Ash wins, it goes back to Melemele for an Episode before going back to Ula'Ula for Episodes 79 and 80. Then back to Melemele before Necrozma arc starts. Post Necrozma, it goes to Akala and Pikachu Valley(where I cringed for 80% of that Episode) before going back to Melemele where we've been since then.

In other words, they can't make up their freaking mind on what island to stick to.

LadyJirachu

Years
  • Meh, I prefer the UBs stay light hearted. I hate when things get too dark and serious. I'm a cute/happy/light hearted type of girl :3

EDIT: Well I don't mind dark/serious so much in Korrina's arc eps.......but I am an obsessive korrina fangirl (and PROUD <3) and also korrina's attitude in general stays pretty up beat with all the chaos with her lucario anyways.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sarah Natochenny has gotten so much better with voicing Ash. If you compare her from Battle Frontier to Sun/ Moon, the difference in quality is easy to see.

I think it's silly that folks are still complaining about Natochenny's Ash even though she's been doing the voice for 10+ years.

Years
  • well, the recent episode just pretty much confirmed that there are no plans on evolving rowlet

LadyJirachu

Years
  • I should see if pokemon.com has Pikachu's Goodbye again sometime xD

It was always a huge favorite episode of mine up before i've seen korrina's arc.

It just touched my heart so much. :') Even before I became a pokemon fan, i knew it was a favorite episode of mine....

Years
  • I started watching the Sun/Moon anime from the start to give it an honest look (up until now, I only saw the one with Brock and Misty and a few others).

30 episodes in and I...think I was expecting worse. While I'd still prefer the XY art style, this one isn't necessarily godawful. The episode where Litten joins Ash and the circumstances that lead up to it actually made me cry. The anime hasn't brought me to that point in YEARS. I wish the anime would have darker moments like the ones that episode showed.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • well, the recent episode just pretty much confirmed that there are no plans on evolving rowlet

Rowlet not evolving was predicted months ago based on how they were using it for comedic purposes and how popular it was for merchandise. Introduction of Hau has a considerable Sawyer feel to it where I expect Ash to lose to not Gladion but Hau in the Alolan League. Granted, there will be a Tobias clone debuting in a few Episodes so who knows. However if we're going by XY Battle logic, Hau will win because he has the Pokémon weak to what Ash has(Torracat and eventually Incineroar).

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2019
    For many years, I watched the show with my oldest daughter who loved the show, normally I could give a who-ha for this type of show, I just liked the fact my daughter liked being able to hang with her dad, but team Rocket made the show not just fun to watch, but I started looking forward to it, my favorite being Meowth, he was just a trip, then someone pointed something out to me and I felt so stupid not noticing this before, I don't know about other languages, but in English, his voice and mannerisms were obviously directly inspired or even strait copied for 80's stand up comic Gilbert Gottfried, and if anyone would disagree, go on YouTube and watch all of his works, then watch Meowth, yah, it's not a coincidence, it's a perfect imitation !!! LOL

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Finally started watching Sun Moon and besides some of the episodes not keeping my attention aside (slice of life can be very hit or miss for me) I am very much enjoying this series and I am ready to stan it like I do Best Wishes. Also finally planning on going back and continuing my watch of Hoenn and Sinnoh.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Things have changed so much since I last posted on this thread back in November. Ultra Adventures or Season 22 of the English Dub is now over with Season 23 and "Ultra Legends" starting up on Saturday March 23rd with Episode 93 and going 1 Episode/day until Episode 100 on March 30th. After that I don't know if they'll go back to their 1 Episode/week or take another small hiatus to re-run the new Season's Episodes. The SuMo Anime has about 30 Episodes to go(give or take a few), hence should be done by late September or October. A preview of our next region should be revealed around that time as well. Hopefully its nothing like Movie#22 because while the Pokemon look ok in CGI, the characters sadly garner images of Wallace&Gromit or Robot Chicken. Detective Pikachu puts Movie#22 to shame honestly and rarely am I interested in seeing a Pokemon movie in theaters but Detective Pikachu has peeked my interest.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Im really excited for Detective Pikachu myself!! The other movie though........ ill watch it but yeah right now not a big fan of the cgi style theyre going for.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Started going through the Unova anime episodes again after discussing it in the Discord the other day. These episodes still hold up. Plus Ash almost has a full team just five episodes in!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Honestly, even though they could have implemented it better, I really liked how Ash had a full team + reserves in Unova!! Maybe sometime they'll do that again and balance it a bit better but it was fun seeing all the interactions between the Pokemon and seeing which Pokemon Ash had at the time.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • So is it just me or has SuMo gone transformation happy? Episode 113 was filler but the whole transformation thing is getting old. Got another Ultra Guardian Episode next week(hence more transformation) but only have one more UB to go if memory serves me correctly. At least Guzma finally shows up in two weeks.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Not really?? Besides the latest episode it's only used when they're going after an Ultra Beast so I didn't find it obnoxious at all. The anime has been waayyy more obnoxious about other things in the past. I mean, yeah two episodes back to back but different transformations and it's been a while since the Ultra Guardians happened.

I'm really excited for Guzma though I wonder how they're going about him and Team Skull for the anime.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    You say that like it was a good thing, as if his BW team being built so fast didn't eventually lead to overcrowding and then eventually rotation, which was arguably one of BW's biggest mistakes since it led to Boldore, Leavanny, and Palpitoad doing hardly anything for months at a time.

I'd say that's realistic though. Of course someone traveling through a region would have a rotation of Pokemon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    What Quiji pointed out is what I found was the unfortunate thing about him getting all his Pokemon so close together like that. Other than the starters and Scraggy later in the series the other Pokemon didn't get much once they were fully evolved or if they're palpitoad (i still love you its okay). Krookodile I say would have gotten the next best but even then after it fully evolved i think we saw less of him.

But I love love that he got so many pokemon and got a rotating team and it was one of the things I love about my favorite series! So I mean, if a later series does it again but with better screentime for all the pokemon it's be even better with this aspect.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    It's amazing how cute a bag of trash can be. But that's Trubbish for you!

Back