• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Wow, so it was a case of the 4Kids translator mishearing a word and I can see how easy that would have been to do.

I've not watched past Sinnoh with the exception of the Mewtwo and Genosect movie which I thought incredibly dumb but I loved Ash's Sinnoh voice, at last, he sounded like he'd aged even and hit puberty even though it's been made official that he doesn't.

BTW I'd watched 'A Mudkip Mission' and 'A Whalord of a Time' on Dailymotion and the Chronical episodes with Brock's family here:
https://www.pokeflix.tv/video/pokemon-chronicles-cerulean-blues/?autoplay
I'd ended up watching 'Cerulean Blues', Misty's in-between story after 'The Family that Battles Together Stays Together' because it was the next episode and I was curious about her as well.

1.Either that or fans misterstood the line and thought that Ash's Butterfree died in the original japanese version before seeing Dogasu Backpack
2.Yeah, when watched some YTPs i thought Veronica Taylor matured her Ash's voice thwen i learned that in the last Advanced series, PCI took over 4kids
3.And no we in poland never get the pokemon chronicles episodes, neither pokemon origins nor pikachus shorts after Pikachu & Pichu

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I've been watching basically all of Hoenn and Sinnoh so I can finally have watched every series and let me tell you going from Battle Frontier to Sinnoh Sarah's voice is just so much better in Sinnoh! She was very rough in Battle Frontier and kind of grating so far but Sinnoh onward I really adore her voicing Ash. She's no Rica (no one can ever be lol) but in my opinion her voice suits Ash so much more. The higher pitch in her acting just works in my opinion and I feel like there's more emotion in her voice too (once shes more used to the role anyways)!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I've been watching basically all of Hoenn and Sinnoh so I can finally have watched every series and let me tell you going from Battle Frontier to Sinnoh Sarah's voice is just so much better in Sinnoh! She was very rough in Battle Frontier and kind of grating so far but Sinnoh onward I really adore her voicing Ash. She's no Rica (no one can ever be lol) but in my opinion her voice suits Ash so much more. The higher pitch in her acting just works in my opinion and I feel like there's more emotion in her voice too (once shes more used to the role anyways)!

I think I'd have to agree. o:

I really started to like her voice around the Sinnoh area (I think she improved from battle frontier!). I look forward to her continued improvements. <33

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I think I'd have to agree. o:

I really started to like her voice around the Sinnoh area (I think she improved from battle frontier!). I look forward to her continued improvements. <33

She definitely did! Her voice in Sinnoh is like phenomenally better than Battle Frontier! I think during BF she was trying to be too much like Veronica's voice for Ash (with a bit of a raspy tone to it)? And it just didn't work well with her. But once she dropped it and raised the pitch she was really solid! Can't wait to see her improve as well!!

(and for the record in case anyone misreads she's no Rica bc Rica is the best but she's better than Veronica I forgot to finish the sentence fully lmaoo).

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
What does being deep have to do with /anything/????? I was more talking about how no one could ever match the role as well as Rica anyways :)

Also no

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
What does being deep have to do with /anything/????? I was more talking about how no one could ever match the role as well as Rica anyways :)

Also no

1.Nothing much, i'm just comparing their performence ;)
2.No to Ash swearing in the USA dub or no to mrs Rica being Satoshi's aunt in the original?

(Sorry for my english BTW)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Nah. The only known family member that we've seen is Delia and he will never swear in the english version simply because its targetted for kids and very rarely you'll even hear the word damn in kid shows. I do know that he's said the equivalent of Damn in the original version though!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
sigh.

1. very rarely
2. i was just using the word 'damn' as they don't even go that far in kids shows, never mind words that people really consider a swear word
3. i'd like to not see this statement again otherwise i am going to card you for being off-topic/uncivilized, thanks

seriously i don't know why you try to get argumentative with me but i'd like for you to stop from here on out. your third statement especially is unnecessary when all i'm trying to do is carry a conversation.

Years
yeah the change with voice actors in the hoenn arc was very noticeable. bothered me at first

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
same, even though i knew voices got better it was hard to listen to at times. sinnoh was a relief when i got to it haha.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
seriously i don't know why you try to get argumentative with me but i'd like for you to stop from here on out. your third statement especially is unnecessary when all i'm trying to do is carry a conversation.

OK fine sir, i'll stop, no need to go human on me, this is the only place people treat me with respect now

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
There's such a vast difference between her Battle Frontier voice and her Sinnoh voice but I suppose it's to each their own pft.

Anyways been rewatching Best Wishes and I'm very glad I made the decision to do so aaa.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
All 6 protagonists now have Z-Rings and Z-Crystals. Frankly overdue when they give half the cast Z-Rings in a span of what... 6 Episodes? Could have done Mallow back in Season 20 seeing as her best friend in Lana got hers at the 75% point(just could have held off on giving her a Z-Crystal until now). Same deal with Sophocles, although I'm not sure when they could have done so seeing as he's had few Episodes centering around him in Seasons 20 and 21(which is why I hold the position that if Sophocles were removed, nothing would change). Lillie is the wildcard but even hers was a bit overdue in my opinion. To get the Z-Crystal before the Z-Ring just doesn't make sense to me and even then it's her father's. Feels shoehorned as far as I'm concerned.

Also don't get me started on the sheer lack of captures either... Makes Kalos look good if you ask me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I think the amount of captures in Kalos was fine and would've been better if the Pokemon had more interactions and such between said captures. But other than being used for battle and such idk. They could've done a lot better there I mean there were less Pokemon than Unova by a lot and yet Unova is one of the best when it comes to just how much Pokemon interaction with one another and with trainers it's amazing!! though the fact that Team Rocket isn't shoehorned in every other episode to try to capture the Pokemon of the Week really helps in those matter imo.

I will agree that the pacing is a little off when it comes to the gathering of Z-Rings and Z-Crystals. They should've definitely spread them out a bit more but instead now they want to hurry and get everyone ready for the league and idk i would've liked to see them practice and develop with the z-crystals and such before the league. i'm sure we'll still see that but with wonky pacing the possibilities are limited.

don't get me wrong i still love sun and moon and it's definitely not the first one with wonky pacing it's just something they could've pulled off a little better is all!!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I think the amount of captures in Kalos was fine and would've been better if the Pokemon had more interactions and such between said captures. But other than being used for battle and such idk. They could've done a lot better there I mean there were less Pokemon than Unova by a lot and yet Unova is one of the best when it comes to just how much Pokemon interaction with one another and with trainers it's amazing!! though the fact that Team Rocket isn't shoehorned in every other episode to try to capture the Pokemon of the Week really helps in those matter imo.

I will agree that the pacing is a little off when it comes to the gathering of Z-Rings and Z-Crystals. They should've definitely spread them out a bit more but instead now they want to hurry and get everyone ready for the league and idk i would've liked to see them practice and develop with the z-crystals and such before the league. i'm sure we'll still see that but with wonky pacing the possibilities are limited.

don't get me wrong i still love sun and moon and it's definitely not the first one with wonky pacing it's just something they could've pulled off a little better is all!!

Last Episode, while TR focused, had the three newbies practicing along with the three veterans. Next week is a "boot camp" followed by the final UB and then Celebi of all mythicals. Ignoring the Kanto pandering, we got Johto and Sinnoh mythicals this Season. Head scratching to say the least.

Years
the newest episode was bittersweet. would have made more impact to young kukui if ash's torracat is an incineroar but its fine. still a good episode.

spoilers:
Spoiler:

writers did a good job on inserting what pikachu and the gang from the present time were doing while ash was in the past. looking forward to next week's episode!
time-travel episodes/movies always get on my good side hahaha

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I'm surprised SM is nearly over already, this saga completely flew by. I'm sure the animation will change again next gen.

It's pretty funny how due to the shorter length of each sagas, Ash's travel companions literally tripled since the end of DP. It's like every time I turn around Ash has a new female companion and new friends now, whereas back in the old days it felt like Misty, May, Dawn and Brock were there forever. Or maybe it's that we're all older now so time passes quickly.

It's also kinda funny in retrospect when you stop to realize how short lived Misty's character in the anime really was. She was in more eps than the other girls, but when you realize she was only in the anime for 5 years and left when the franchise as a whole was still in its infancy (can you believe Pokemon as a whole was only 5 years old when she was written off?), it's pretty telling how she was only in like 25% of the animes total episodes now. It's really only the Johto fillers that gave Misty extra time in the show. I guess time flies.

Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Jul 2, 2019
I'm watching the Anime on DVD. For Orange and Jotoh Journeys did Viz skip episodes again and if so what ones?

Recent collections reissue owned.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back