• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The anime sucks therefore I will remove it

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    • Anime
    • Games
    • TCG
    • Manga
    (and to a lesser extent, merchandise)

If you could remove one of the four main aspects from existence, which would it be and why?

Would 'Pokemon' as a result suffer from the loss of it, or would something new have replaced that aspect, or would the Pokemon franchise have taken an entirely different route?

Would Pokemon still have a large following if you removed the two bigger aspects, being anime and the games? Do you think if they were removed there would be as many Pokemon as there are now?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I can imagine the removal of one of said aspects would also cause some people to not exist. And I don't want that to happen.

Besides, if you do remove one of those "aspects" there would be a big fall in the number of fans. Unless they make a better one that replaces the removed one. And if you removed the anime and the games, Pokemon wouldn't be as popular as it is right now. PC might not exist too. :x

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    The Trading Card Game just because I never liked to play the TCG nor liked to watch other people play it. I use to collect the cards and hang them up in my room, but now I simply do not care anymore.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'd say the Manga. They don't seem to sell it in most countries where pokemon is popular. Plus, Manga itself isn't that popular nowadays.

Years
    The TCG for sure. The Anime is flawless, and the Manga is amazing. And..the games are the best part, so..yeah.
    That wasn't a hard decision at all~*~*~

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    If I had to go with one I would choose Trading Card Game, since I don't take part in it and have no interest at all. And I wouldn't go far as too say the anime is flawless it has it's faults just as anything else. I mean Ash is still 10 and him and Pikachu seem to revert during every Saga, there doesn't seem to be much progression in character. To me that doesn't seem flawless.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I would say the anime; or rather, the English dub of the anime to be more particular. I just can't understand how anyone can get entertainment from that. The games are obviously the best part of the series, the manga that I have read was really quite entertaining, and the card game is fun if you have someone to play with and a lot of the artwork on the cards is pretty cool.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    Though anime could do better, I would have to go with TCG because many kids don't play it and they only care about certain rare cards anyways (or at least that's what I thought during my childhood).

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    The manga I guess. It seems to be the only part of the series that hasn't grabbed my attention yet, and honestly doesn't interest me that much. The games are obviously the best part of Pokémon, I always enjoyed the TCG as a kid, and I'm quite passionate about the anime.

Years
    I actually like some elements of the anime and, to be fair the manga has some cool elements as well. While it's fun to collect, I rarely actually play and considering how immense the database of cards is, I can't imagine myself getting into the TCG metagame, so I imagine I would remove the TCG.

Years
    The TCG I would remove, it's incredibly boring. The games are amazing and entertaining, the manga from what I can tell is pretty good, and the anime (although I no longer watch it) was also good. So yeah, bye TCG.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I...honestly can't remove any one of these aspects.

If you take away the games the entire franchise would cease to exist.

If you take away the anime there would likely be no Pokemon Yellow, and that may lead into not having the "first Pokemon follows you around" aspect in HGSS.

If you take away the TCG people will wonder why series like YGO have TCGs but not Pokemon.

If you take away the various manga series it would just seem strange since I've hardly seen anime without at least one manga series to accompany it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    The anime. As much as I'd like to say the TCG because it's the property I have the least amount of exposure to, the anime is fundamentally and fatally flawed with unlikeable main characters, and that overshadows any positive points it has. Maybe it isn't so bad in the original Japanese version, but I simply cannot stand the main characters in the dub version and I avoid it like the plague.

*Latias

It's so cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    The Trading Card Game just because I never liked to play the TCG nor liked to watch other people play it. I use to collect the cards and hang them up in my room, but now I simply do not care anymore.

:t354:TG

I fully agree with that. Besides there are people who play it so it wouldn't be right to delete it. xD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    The Trading Card Game definitely. The games were the first and are the greatest aspect of the series. The anime is the next big thing; promoting the games and still having a large fan base today. Regardless of its flaws, I don't think Pokémon might have been in the same place it is today without it. The manga still has a fairly decent fan base and is great for entertaining the older audience of the franchise. I never played the TCG nor was I ever interested in playing it, so I would be fine if it were to be removed.

One...Two...Poof! Gone.

As for the lesser merchandise, I can't picture any franchise without it. So, I doubt that would ever go away.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I guess the manga since I've never really paid much attention to it and for the longest time, wasn't even aware it still existed past the initial fad. :x

I love merch (which I lump the TCG in with since now I only collect the cards of my favourites) and while I don't really keep up with the anime anymore, I like the movies and watching episodes starring my faves. The games are my favourite part (well, after merch :P) so I can't imagine the series without them at all.

Back