• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The anime than got you into anime

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
    Same as Zuki ^_^ Fruits Basket was the first anime I fell in love with. My brother got me a volume of the manga for Christmas once, so I looked the anime up. And I've been an aninerd since!

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well I watched Ronin Warriors, Noozles, Maya The Bee, Little Bits, The Adventures of The Little Koala back when I was about twelve to fifteen years old. I didn't even know those were anime, so I really didn't count those.

And then I seen Pokemon. Again, I didn't know about anime, so I didn't even know it was from Japan. Until I read it about it in a magazine, then I knew.

And then I watched Digimon, Dragonball Z, and Sailor Moon. And I realized that these shows are from Japan too. And I was blown away, I been hooked ever since. Thinking that anime is better than American cartoons. XD I truly believe that now.

So it was Pokemon, Digimon, Dragonball Z, and Sailor Moon for me. =D

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2008
    The first anime I watched was Gundam Wing. Then Dragonball, and then I REALLY got into Anime by watching Naruto. =.= Im such a Narutard. But eventually I quit watching it.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    Pokemon and Sailor Moon. Especially the latter.

I had been swimming at a friend's house, and I was watching TV while drying off, and that hapened to be on Cartoon Network. Since I came in in the middle of an episode, I had no clue what was going on.

I quickly became devoted to SM, and anything else from the Land of the Rising Sun.

Zet

Years
    the first anime that got me into anime was Dragonball Z but over the years anime got to be meh to me until Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann came into life and fueled my love for anime once again

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    The first anime I ever watched was Dragon Ball Z, but I didn't even know what anime was back then. The series that REALLY got me into anime and reading manga was Naruto.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Yu Yu Hakusho was probably when I first realized what 'Anime' was...

But Fruits Basket was probably what got me into the anime scene...... I don't really remember, but it's a race between Yu Yu Hakusho and Fruits Basket for sure. I know Dragon Ball Z and Digimon, and Pokemon, and Sailor Moon- all the older series I watched and somewhat liked, but I didn't know that they were 'anime'. Thought they were just cartoons. xD

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Case Closed or Detective Conan as it's called in Japan. I watched it on Adult Swim all the time and I loved it so much. I'd seen other animes before but this one really made me want to search for more. I was so sad when they took it off the air D=>.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I watched anime before I knew it was anime. XD Like Pokemon, Digimon, Rohan Warriors... etc.
    But the first anime that I knew was an anime was Gundam Wing. And it opened the portal for everything else.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    First animés I watched were Card-Captors and Pokémon....when I knew that it was animé, I was into Yugioh...then I got some sense and got into the Jap version of bleach.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    My brother was watching Grappler Baki, but that didn't actually interest me. Although I looked at the site where he was getting em and just by luck I found Beck, Air(the novel) anime and Bleach. So those three got me into it. I don't really like bleach as much as it first started though, because it has gotten repetitive.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Same here.

SailorMoon amused me for a while. So did DBZ and Pokemon. :o

I quit watching DBZ after the Buu saga.
    Oh yeah, I watched Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Digimon and DBZ, but didn't know that is was anime. I also quit DBZ after the Buu saga when it took CN forever to show it... they kept starting over at the beginning...

Back