• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Ash

Who's Better?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    That is an opinion. Not fact. DP Ash is better for me and can beat XY Ash in my opinion. DP Ash defeated his rival at league. XY Ash lost to Alain.

DP Ash beat someone thats weaker than Alain and stop saying XY Ash can't beat Paul because he can.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    DP Ash beat someone thats weaker than Alain and stop saying XY Ash can't beat Paul because he can.

DP ash defeated a Darkrai. XY Ash lost to a Charizard. It is my opinion that DP Ash is stronger.

I am allowed to say that Paul is stronger than XY Ash because it is my opinion. I am going to post my opinion on threads whether some agree with it or not.

Vragon

Might help people if you elaborate on "why?" this is the case for your opinions. I mean feel free to have it, but peeps are kinda lost in the dark if you don't give them much of a reason.

This goes for all the lazy responses that don't have much of a back if none at all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    That is an opinion. Not fact. DP Ash is better for me and can beat XY Ash in my opinion. DP Ash defeated his rival at league. XY Ash lost to Alain.

Why do some always jump to conclusions about others who are trying to post their opinions?

I prefer DP Ash for several reasons. It is my opinion that he is the best.

DP ash defeated a Darkrai. XY Ash lost to a Charizard. It is my opinion that DP Ash is stronger.

I am allowed to say that Paul is stronger than XY Ash because it is my opinion. I am going to post my opinion on threads whether some agree with it or not.

XY Ash would still beat Paul anyday, because XY Ash train his team non stop so he would win over Paul.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    XY Ash would still beat Paul anyday, because XY Ash train his team non stop so he would win over Paul.

That is not a fact. That is an opinion. XY Ash had trained mostly Greninja and neglected the others. Plus Greninja and Goodra are no longer with XY Ash which makes Paul stronger by far in my opinion.

Paul would still win even if Ash has Greninja and Goodra in party. Again my opinion.

Vragon

Yeah so did Paul for the league and arguably more focused. I mean, when did we ever see him doing something fun while Ash in XY did have breaks and stuff. Plus you can't really say Paul didn't train all the time since while he was on screen he did or fought and showed the demeanor of getting the most out of his time.

See that saying Ash trained his team non-stop isn't really a viable point against someone who most likely did as well. Plus Paul, has a more diverse team along with more mons so that's also something important to consider. I mean, Paul also can read strategies and use battles to layout a false sense of confidence in his opponent.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024

If DP Ash can beat Darkrai then so can XY Ash. And do you even know how strong MC-X is?

Vragon

If DP Ash can beat Darkrai then so can XY Ash. And do you even know how strong MC-X is?

Um, how do you exactly know?
    I mean give reason why it would be the case. Mega Charizard X is arguably displayed as an attacker as well as a defender/endurer. Considering that it took a couple of Ash's mons to take down Darkrai, even if some weren't as strong, it does show a decent endurance as well. However, Darkrai's endurance was aided by Dream Eater, the main strategy. So all in all, the two mons cover stats well.

Alan's Charizard didn't lose to Ash Greninja, so we can't really use that as too much of direct evidence supporting the case of competent battling, though he was close. Also, Mega charizard X fought only 2 of ash's mons (I believe) while Darkrai took on about half or more.

I can agree that Tobias's Darkrai would have probably fallen eventually to XY ash like he did to DP ash, though DP ash didn't use his DP team. So all in all I can't really say the comparisons work team aspect wise. Was it brute strength or battle competence there's a difference.

On one hand Tobius showed a tough strategy that wrecked a good amount of ash's team in that matchup, but Ash in XY lost to Alan at a closer matching, but arguable less sound one. The battles in the Kalos league were wrecks to me, even with Shota since they relied too heavily on main mons and didn't focus on the continuity of the rest of their teams.

Ash's Kalos team was good to a decent degree and Ash in XY showed competence (displayed in many strategies), but DP ash handled stuff better in my opinion by league time though did make crucial mistakes. However, it doesn't help that you can't measure competence from one event alone. If we praise anyone that won anything impressive, we could praise ash's victory over the twin gym leaders and not call bull on the gold armor.

So basically saying DP ash beats Darkrai or XY ash beat could beat it to, proves nothing for either.
    This is the competence of ash that is being talked about. DP he lost about half his team to take out Darkrai, and in XY never could beat the Mega Charizard that lost to Siebold. (course I think Alan was stupid anyway and was too OP to be realistic, but I digress). This is about Ash and how he was overall. Good to see he can do some amazing things, but one events doesn't make a great battler or a competent trainer. They both messed up a lot. Ash against Wulfric (showing XY ash has a bit much focus on strength alone) and Ash fighting Paul (where he played into paul's hands a lot and just narrowly managed to pull of the victory).

So to sum up...answer the question of the best ash by you know "Why he is the best Ash?" and reasons backing it for you. And if you think ash is better cause he beat a darkrai good or that he's better that he made second in a league good, but don't reply just to say "You're wrong" if someone finds something wrong in what you put out. Debate with them if you disagree or else spare us the "It's my opinion" cause any competent person can figure that from that start.

This is for everyone here btw.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    That is not a fact. That is an opinion. XY Ash had trained mostly Greninja and neglected the others. Plus Greninja and Goodra are no longer with XY Ash which makes Paul stronger by far in my opinion.

Paul would still win even if Ash has Greninja and Goodra in party. Again my opinion.

Yeah so did Paul for the league and arguably more focused. I mean, when did we ever see him doing something fun while Ash in XY did have breaks and stuff. Plus you can't really say Paul didn't train all the time since while he was on screen he did or fought and showed the demeanor of getting the most out of his time.

See that saying Ash trained his team non-stop isn't really a viable point against someone who most likely did as well. Plus Paul, has a more diverse team along with more mons so that's also something important to consider. I mean, Paul also can read strategies and use battles to layout a false sense of confidence in his opponent.

Paul might have a diverse team, but XY Ash would still beat him despit Paul's strategies, XY Ash still had Greninja and Goodra on his team, so he would beat Paul with ease.

XY Ash was a well developed skill trainer, Paul would lose to him easy.

Last edited:

Vragon

Paul might have a diverse team, but XY Ash would still beat him despit Paul's strategies, XY Ash still had Greninja and Goodra on his team, so he would beat Paul with ease.

And why is that? You aren't giving me examples. Plus having a strong mon isn't as good as having said strong mon with good direction. Paul has shown great competence in laying low and waiting for a strike and reading tactics. Ash in XY had mostly a singular battling style and only one team. Paul could easily asses Ash's team before their match and prepare accordingly. Hell, that's how Shota almost won, but Paul would do better than Shota no doubt.

And why is XY well developed trainer? How would he fair better in battle? You can't just say it and it counts, give me reason to believe you and show that he does.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    No. XY Ash would lose. Greninja could not beat Mega Charizard so Darkrai would obviously defeat Greninja in my opinion.

Why are you repeating your opinion? And why are you stating your opinions as facts?

Look i don't agree with you. You are not gonna convince me that Ash of kalos will win. And i will not convince you of the opposite. Can we leave it at that please?

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    And why is that? You aren't giving me examples. Plus having a strong mon isn't as good as having said strong mon with good direction. Paul has shown great competence in laying low and waiting for a strike and reading tactics. Ash in XY had mostly a singular battling style and only one team. Paul could easily asses Ash's team before their match and prepare accordingly. Hell, that's how Shota almost won, but Paul would do better than Shota no doubt.

And why is XY well developed trainer? How would he fair better in battle? You can't just say it and it counts, give me reason to believe you and show that he does.

XY Ash team was fully evolved and he train his Pokemon, Paul on the other hand only caught strong Pokemon and there is no way he would beat XY Ash in battle. Paul also lost to Cynthia the champion and Brandon of the Battle Frontier, which proves Paul is not the strongest trainer some people make him out to be.

XY Ash is much better then Paul.

Vragon

XY Ash team was fully evolved and he train his Pokemon, Paul on the other hand only caught strong Pokemon and there is no way he would beat XY Ash in battle. Paul also lost to Cynthia the champion and Brandon of the Battle Frontier, which proves Paul is not the strongest trainer some people make him out to be.

XY Ash is much better then Paul.
    ...Okay I think it's clear your either messing around or not getting it so I'll just end with this.
    1) A fully evolved team is good and all but there's also other aspects to consider. We know Ash's team is super ice affected (due to the amount of flying and dragon types), and paul does have ice using mons as well as an Ice type Froslass that uses a hail strategy. Also, Paul's team is fully evolved, wouldn't that be in his favor too?

2) If Paul caught strong mons wouldn't that be a point in his favor? Even then it's not like he caught them at 3rd evolution. He's trained his team and done really well as a result.

3) Everyone loses to Cynthia or only ties due to time limit. Brandon Paul did lose to and ash did to for I think twice before winning with his Kanto team (A team more experienced than Paul's). It doesn't mean he's not a strong trainer and how is it unrealistic to understand Paul could play in the big leagues. Also, losing to Brandon was more than a month before the league happened so that's past brining up that doesn't matter now.

4) Don't say "Proved" unless you gave something that did help your argument. All you brought was either non-consequential for my points or could be applied to Ash or Paul respectively.

all in all, think about it and analyze the thing. Don't take things at face value and look deeper into them. Not all stuff is equal in the anime and use examples to bolster your points. All in all, build an argument around your opinion and use that to further your thoughts as something of credit. Else, your being one of the many "opinion" cards out there that no gives a f*** about cause it's just sayin things rather than actually brining things to the table.

Anyone can argue and debate if they put their mind to it. I wish you all well.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    ...Okay I think it's clear your either messing around or not getting it so I'll just end with this.
    1) A fully evolved team is good and all but there's also other aspects to consider. We know Ash's team is super ice affected (due to the amount of flying and dragon types), and paul does have ice using mons as well as an Ice type Froslass that uses a hail strategy. Also, Paul's team is fully evolved, wouldn't that be in his favor too?

2) If Paul caught strong mons wouldn't that be a point in his favor? Even then it's not like he caught them at 3rd evolution. He's trained his team and done really well as a result.

3) Everyone loses to Cynthia or only ties due to time limit. Brandon Paul did lose to and ash did to for I think twice before winning with his Kanto team (A team more experienced than Paul's). It doesn't mean he's not a strong trainer and how is it unrealistic to understand Paul could play in the big leagues. Also, losing to Brandon was more than a month before the league happened so that's past brining up that doesn't matter now.

4) Don't say "Proved" unless you gave something that did help your argument. All you brought was either non-consequential for my points or could be applied to Ash or Paul respectively.

all in all, think about it and analyze the thing. Don't take things at face value and look deeper into them. Not all stuff is equal in the anime and use examples to bolster your points. All in all, build an argument around your opinion and use that to further your thoughts as something of credit. Else, your being one of the many "opinion" cards out there that no gives a f*** about cause it's just sayin things rather than actually brining things to the table.

Anyone can argue and debate if they put their mind to it. I wish you all well.

You telling me Paul was the strongest when in fact he lost to one of the strongest trainers Cynthia Brandon, it's pretty clear Paul isn't as strong as he seem to be and don't give me that bull shit that he would beat XY Ash, because in fact XY Ash would defeat him in battle.

I see that you are a Paul lover and that's fine.

But XY Ash have also train his Pokemon to become stronger, and he have also developed his skills a whole lot throughout the XY series, he even made to Top runner up in the Kalos League.

I gave you all the proof i needed to, but if you want to mess around with me that will be fine. I wish you all the best of luck.

Last edited:

Vragon

You telling me Paul was the strongest when in fact he lost to one of the strongest trainers Cynthia Brandon, it's pretty clear Paul isn't as strong as he seem to be and don't give me that bull **** that he would beat XY Ash, because in fact XY Ash would defeat him in battle.

No, I'm contending with you why Ash would beat Paul. I don't know if you've noticed, but I haven't actually stated my opinion on the matter of XY Ash versus Paul. I'm just brining counters to your arguments and I could do the same to others. Also, Cynthia as an example is insufficient again cause of two reasons based off of things I've said prior.
    1) It was in the past before the league
    2) Ash in XY didn't beat Cynthia or fight her so that's not an example for ample measure.

I see that you are a Paul lover and that's fine.
    Oh f*** off with that. If me arguing against your notion and showing flaws means I'm a paul lover, then what does that say about you? Not to mention me liking Paul wouldn't discredit my arguments to begin with. The peeps that use that as a means for something to boost their side are the same peeps that think that anyone that doesn't share their thoughts are against them. I don't have to love paul to see flaws in this thread's debating. I just came to this thread today to look around and decided to comment on the arguments I felt were weakest.

But XY Ash have also train his Pokemon to become stronger, and he have also developed his skills a whole lot throughout the XY series, he even made to Top runner up in the Kalos League.

I didn't say Ash didn't in XY, my point is about Ash mainly. I'm well aware his team's strength, but there's more to a battle than just mons abilities. There's typing, moves, strategies, the trainer's stress, communication, etc. Frankly, most of the competitors in the Kalos league were either lackluster or decent. Shota is an example of a good trainer and that's another reason I didn't like how they handled the league there. And also Paul was in top 8. If the Sinnoh league was tougher than the Kalos league then wouldn't making top 8 there be better than top 2 in Kalos? The Sinnoh league had tougher competition and wasn't rushed so we got to see how tough it honestly was. Kalos we got a few top trainers and some other that were filler.

My point is that what you say isn't enough. give examples or expound upon your current ones. Show how they work in your favor and clear up any controversy.
    I gave you all the proof i needed to, but if you want to mess around with me that will be fine. I wish you all the best of luck.
    1) you gave me all the proof you wanted to. There's never a quota to proof. So that mindset alone shows something in your character about this.
    2) I don't, I wanted to show some errors in your debating. I'm fine ending this and I can see now fully that trying to debate you is waste of my time.
    3) I wish you the best of luck as well. I'm not trying to sound condescending when saying this; I wish everyone I meet good luck and wellness.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I made my opinion and gonna stick with it. I don't want to argue anymore. We are all free to have our own opinion. Lets respect opinions of all of us even if they are different to each other.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    I made my opinion and gonna stick with it. I don't want to argue anymore. We are all free to have our own opinion. Lets respect opinions of all of us even if they are different to each other.

No, I'm contending with you why Ash would beat Paul. I don't know if you've noticed, but I haven't actually stated my opinion on the matter of XY Ash versus Paul. I'm just brining counters to your arguments and I could do the same to others. Also, Cynthia as an example is insufficient again cause of two reasons based off of things I've said prior.
    1) It was in the past before the league
    2) Ash in XY didn't beat Cynthia or fight her so that's not an example for ample measure.

Oh f*** off with that. If me arguing against your notion and showing flaws means I'm a paul lover, then what does that say about you? Not to mention me liking Paul wouldn't discredit my arguments to begin with. The peeps that use that as a means for something to boost their side are the same peeps that think that anyone that doesn't share their thoughts are against them. I don't have to love paul to see flaws in this thread's debating. I just came to this thread today to look around and decided to comment on the arguments I felt were weakest.

I didn't say Ash didn't in XY, my point is about Ash mainly. I'm well aware his team's strength, but there's more to a battle than just mons abilities. There's typing, moves, strategies, the trainer's stress, communication, etc. Frankly, most of the competitors in the Kalos league were either lackluster or decent. Shota is an example of a good trainer and that's another reason I didn't like how they handled the league there. And also Paul was in top 8. If the Sinnoh league was tougher than the Kalos league then wouldn't making top 8 there be better than top 2 in Kalos? The Sinnoh league had tougher competition and wasn't rushed so we got to see how tough it honestly was. Kalos we got a few top trainers and some other that were filler.

My point is that what you say isn't enough. give examples or expound upon your current ones. Show how they work in your favor and clear up any controversy.

1) you gave me all the proof you wanted to. There's never a quota to proof. So that mindset alone shows something in your character about this.
    2) I don't, I wanted to show some errors in your debating. I'm fine ending this and I can see now fully that trying to debate you is waste of my time.
    3) I wish you the best of luck as well. I'm not trying to sound condescending when saying this; I wish everyone I meet good luck and wellness.

To be honest DP Ash never really gotten to battle Cynthia in the Sinnoh region, he only meet her and that was about it.

In my opinion the Sinnoh League was overrush, but there was only a few battles that were fairly decent to even watch or to enjoy.

The Kalos League was okay, but it still was way too overrush with a few Pokemon battles that were enjoyable, i wasn't to happy about the way the Pokemon League ended.

Back on topic.

This thread is about who's better XY Ash or Paul.

XY Ash did learn how to use different strategies for Pokemon battles, he also bond with his Pokemon and grow with them.

If Paul had a battle against Ash in the XY series, i do believe XY Ash would win because he learn different battle strategies and Paul would be off guard and lose due to not knowing XY Ash's battle stragety.

Vragon

To be honest DP Ash never really gotten to battle Cynthia in the Sinnoh region, he only meet her and that was about it.

In my opinion the Sinnoh League was overrush, but there was only a few battles that were fairly decent to even watch or to enjoy.

The Kalos League was okay, but it still was way too overrush with a few Pokemon battles that were enjoyable, i wasn't to happy about the way the Pokemon League ended.

Back on topic.

This thread is about who's better XY Ash or Paul.

XY Ash did learn how to use different strategies for Pokemon battles, he also bond with his Pokemon and grow with them.

If Paul had a battle against Ash in the XY series, i do believe XY Ash would win because he learn different battle strategies and Paul would be off guard and lose due to not knowing XY Ash's battle stragety.

Um we never left topic
    I believe I said that "Ash in XY didn't beat Cynthia or fight her so that's not an example for ample measure."
    meaning that ash in XY didn't fight Cynthia. So using Paul (mid season mind you) as a comparison that he is weaker doesn't work since we haven't seen how XY Ash would fare.

We never left topic by addressing the arguments about Cynthia or attributes Paul and XY ash have accomplished. It's important to compare and understand their levels in those things. That's not changing the subject or thread topic, that's addressing an argument.

so he learned strategies yes, but how would they work better on Paul? If you recall, Ash in DP had strategies, heck Paul used one of ash's strategies. Honestly I don't think a mere change in strategy is enough to convince me that Paul would just lose. But I digress,

I'm not out to change your opinion on the matter. All this time, I've been addressing issues I've seen in your arguments, that's all.

oh and Alexander18, respecting your opinion doesn't mean non-addressing issues with arguments. Respecting opinion means I accept you can form your thoughts on the matter, doesn't mean I cannot question the thoughts or point out issues when I see it.

Overall I wish you both a good day.

Back