• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Overall Team (Unofficial)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2011
    The movesets people were posting were about the potential greatest team that this thread is about making. Scroll up a little to find the pokes in question. Everyone else who posted random questions or movesets got flammed too. (Just because I didn't think you completely understood) Trying to be nice, but yes this thread is about making one single team.

And now on topic again.

When did we decide to bring back Porygon-Z? I applaud the no obvious weakness part (or at least that I can see), but the team seems sorta frail for some reason. It could do damage at the hands of the most skilled trainer though...........

O and that Togekiss moveset is definately good and highly effective but I don't know, it just seems, so...so...um...so boring.
    ok then like i sed my bad i apologize it was just a misunderstanding anyways watcha got so far? i may have some ideas

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    ok then like i sed my bad i apologize it was just a misunderstanding anyways watcha got so far? i may have some ideas

Just a note, Please refrain from posting any off-topic replies which do not constitute or contribute to the corrosponding thread. There were multiple instances within the last day where the incident has occured. Corrosponding posts have been removed, however if this is a persistent issue, could constitute in a warning.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    I may sound evil for this but Blissey anyone? I've seriously tried to find a Pokemon as versatile as her and their is no equal. Just throwing that out on the field.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Gyarados@Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    214 HP 16 ATT 180 DEF 100 SPEED
    - Taunt
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Dance

Bulky Gyarados,

Electivire@Expert Belt/Muscle Band
    Lonely Nature
    252 Atk / 176 Spd / 80 SpA
    - Thunderbolt
    - Cross Chop
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch

Mixed Electivire, owns SkarmBliss

Togekiss@Leftovers
    Modest/Clam Nature
    Ability:Serene Grace
    EVS:252 Sp Atk/200 HP/58 Sp Def
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Roost/Softboiled (Yes it can learn it to my amazement)
    - Thunderwave

Flinch Hax

Claydol@leftovers
    Bold/Impish Nature
    evs: 252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 Sp.Att/Att (Or from Smogon evs: 252 HP / 114 DEF / 144 SPD)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake / Earth Power
    - Stone Edge / Ice Beam
    - Stealth Rock/Psychic / Reflect

Physical Wall

Bronzong@Leftovers
    Sassy Nature
    evs: 252 HP / 100 ATK / 108 DEF / 48 SPDEF
    - Light Screen
    - Stealth Rock/Explosion/Earthquake
    - Hypnosis/Rest
    - Gyro Ball

Special Wall

OR

Milotic@leftovers
    Bold Nature
    Trait:Marvel Scale
    evs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpAtt
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Steep Talk
    - Rest

Bulky Water

Porygon-Z@Choice Scarf
    Modest Nature
    Trait: Download
    EVS: 252 Speed 252 SP.ATT 6 HP
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Tri Attack
    - Dark Pulse

Special Sweeper

what do you think ??

any improvements or ev changes etc ??

LOL and the reason i knew it was oddish is the fact that you are in an endless circle to hatch a certain hidden power Oddish XD

So this is out current team? O_o
    Well... if Choice Scarf is the option, Gengar or Spiritomb will come out at a Tri-Attack and mock you. If you swap, the Gengar will use a Focus Blast, and it is NOT pretty to see even if Bronzong comes out. Claydol can take it well, but then Gengar will have an advantage over damaging Claydol and using Shadow Ball, AND Claydol is completely helpless against Gengar. If Spiritomb is the case... it's much worst with it's Will-o-Wisp and Pain Split strategy O_o

IN GENERAL : BETTER SPECIAL WALLS OR I EAT YOU FOR DINNER

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    The movesets people were posting were about the potential greatest team that this thread is about making. Scroll up a little to find the pokes in question. Everyone else who posted random questions or movesets got flammed too. (Just because I didn't think you completely understood) Trying to be nice, but yes this thread is about making one single team.

And now on topic again.

When did we decide to bring back Porygon-Z? I applaud the no obvious weakness part (or at least that I can see), but the team seems sorta frail for some reason. It could do damage at the hands of the most skilled trainer though...........

O and that Togekiss moveset is definately good and highly effective but I don't know, it just seems, so...so...um...so boring.

May, that set is boring, but it is SO ANNOYINGLY EFFECTIVE! When Punish used it, I cursed so loud, I got in trouble at the church down the street. As for the team, I can say that is isn't frail. I bet you have a feeling that we are missing something. So do I.

EDIT:Name just said what were missing.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    This is what me and sims came up with earlier, this is the current team, as we figured that Togekiss and Ludicolo do exactly the same thig, Annoy the hell out of people, so we decided one was using up a vital spot which could of been used for something more effective, which we were lacking, namely a special sweeper.

We also Put Electivire in for Metagross, as we had a huge electrical weakness, namely Togekiss Milotic and Gyarados.

we still havent decided which to use Milotic or Bronzong, but we decided Bronzong would be better as it doesnt add to the rather large electric weakness we had, however rest-talk milotic cant ever be discounted.

I know what you mean Punishment, i also have been looking for an equal to Blissey, it cant be done.

Shall we just throw in Blissey for the hell of it ?

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Ahem Blissey folks. #1 Special Wall. Yes I know she is OU but their is a reason for that. She walls all special moves, awesome support, and a diverse movepool.

As for Sleep Talk Milotic she has fallen from grace this gen. With the fast pace and hard hitting enviroment it only takes two turns to KO her. Hypnosis can stop a rampaging sweeper in their tracks.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Light Clay is heavily recommended for ANY Reflect/Light Screen Pokemon, because after only a few turns (I had experience O.o) the effect will disband and you will ahve to waste a turn withdrawing for Bronzong, and yet ANOTHER turn to set up a Light Screen. Send the opponent helplessly switching so that when a Gengar or Spiritomb comes out, you will give it the Hypnosis from Bronzong

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Ahem Blissey folks. #1 Special Wall. Yes I know she is OU but their is a reason for that. She walls all special moves, awesome support, and a diverse movepool.

As for Sleep Talk Milotic she has fallen from grace this gen. With the fast pace and hard hitting enviroment it only takes two turns to KO her. Hypnosis can stop a rampaging sweeper in their tracks.

I edited my previous post about the Blissey

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    70% is way better then 66% from the Sleep Talker set. With only two attack options (Surf and Ice Beam) which you cant choose, you only have a 66% of launching an attack that might be ineffective. FOr some weird reason Sleep Talk loves using Rest quite a bit.

Resting just allows them to send in a counter which sends Milo running with a status or to the bottom of the ocean.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Blissey scares the hell out of opponents with teams without any physical Fighting moves (I.E. me :)) and it can take a few physical hits.

If you insert Blissey for Bronzong, your gonna have problems with Choice Scarf Lucario, and no, Claydol is NOT the answer. Gyarados does have type advantage and Intimidate, but what are you going to do next? Lucario will outspeed you and use another Close Combat that will do sufficient damage to Gyarados because you have probably predicted that Lucario will switch in which you use DD. Even after one DD, Gyarados cannot outrun Choice Scarf Lucario

Blissey is amazing yes, but Im suggesting to keep Bronzong

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    70% is way better then 66% from the Sleep Talker set. With only two attack options (Surf and Ice Beam) which you cant choose, you only have a 66% of launching an attack that might be ineffective. FOr some weird reason Sleep Talk loves using Rest quite a bit.

Resting just allows them to send in a counter which sends Milo running with a status or to the bottom of the ocean.

So as you suggested, we put in Blissey ?

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

I've never supported the sleep talking Milotic. There's no way I take those chances. Hypnosis >>>>>>>Sleep Talk. Its too risky and we already have a pokemon like that (Togekiss)

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    This thread has been in active for a bit so I suggest we start from scratch. Now that I am more familiar with the current metagame enviroment we can make some better choices.

Blissey and Bronzong are both viable Pokemons. Even though I am a fan of Milo she has lost considerable face this gen. The Pokemon she use to counter well: Salamence, Tyranitar, Metagross etc all got upgrades that can beat her to a pulp. So I am saying no to Milotic. :(

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    I was going to consider that too, I dont think Milotic really helps this team, because every weaknesses I come up with ends up with Milo being beat to death all the time

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    The problem is Milotic didnt get worse. Her counters got better because the metagame is now fast pace and hits hard. Metagross got Thunderpunch, Tyranitar gets extra Sp. Def from Sandstorms and Salamence scares her with Draco Meteor.

I just think Milo hasnt found her niche on the new metagame yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back