• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Season

firepokemon

Fire and Ice
    Years
    Definately season 1. The anime was new it was exciting but for me it was those two special 3-part storylines. The one where the boat tips upside ie. Poseidon Adventure, then the episode with just the pokemon and finally the union. And then the great set of episodes with Ash having to get a ghost pokemon to defeat Sabrina. Though I always wished they had a proper fight.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Before I say anything, I absolutely HATE Hoenn region. It was the most boring of all regions, who cares that the girl and the boy have a Gym leader as a dad? Big whoop.
    But of course, I love season 1. I always will love season 1, D/P is actually fine, it's better than Hoenn. XP

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I enjoyed Orange Islands season the most, it was just fun for a different way to receive badges, and water pokemon we're awesome.

I just loved that season, it was fantastic!

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    If you want to contradict me can you at least give examples as to why? I do watch the show frequently and I still base my opinion on this.
    I guess I should then

1. The unpredictability
    Spoiler:

3. Shinji - he and Ash are TRUE rivals! He occurs very often in the series and he gives Ash a run for his money, and hasn't yet lost to him.
    Spoiler:

6. The development the gymleaders have gotten so far. Hyouta didn't have much of a pesonality but he got four episodes.
    Spoiler:

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I agree with Crystal Claire, the 10th season does have much better storyline and more quality than Hoenn ever did. The only thing that bothers me are the voices. T_T

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Crystal Clair's got a point there. Pokemon's new unpredictabilityis turning the tables. Plus, those who liked the first generation tend to be Pokeshippers. Season 10 is best! I bet season 11 will be better but I'm not betting yet... Wait, that makes no sense. Well, those that like GI Make no more sense than that anyway.

AAMLBeast

Lolpwnd. :\
    Years
    The Kanto, the Orange Islands, and the Johto seasons were the best.
    I've been watching some Pokemon Advanced episodes because in my country, the Pokemon series is going to the near-ending parts of the Johto region. And from what I've been watching lately, it's really not that good. I mean, Max, May, Brock and Ash keep on talking a lot. It's wasting a lot of time in the show. They wanna do this and that, it's getting really annoying. But it's sill a bit interesting because I am FINALLY able to see the Hoenn Pokemon in action.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2008
    I say that season 1 and the battle frontier were the best episodes. They REALLY should of included a season for the Islands. Charizard/Sceptile MUST learn their elemental hyper beams. Like come on.. Gary/Paul taught their 3rd stage starters the those moves.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2008
    My favorite is season 1. I'm old school, but it's really just because I haven't seen one episode from season 3 - season 10. I'm trying to change that by going through all of them, which will quite take some time haha..

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    While there were a lot of moments in the first season that I loved, and I'm interested in the unpredictability of the Sinnoh season like Crystal Clair mentioned, I like the Advanced and Battle Frontier seasons the best.
    My vauge list of reasons:

Other than the new art styles, the new characters and Pokemon, and some of the episode plots, what I really liked were the personallities of the protaganst's Hoenn Pokemon. (Torchic, Treecko, Corphish, Torkoal, Squirtle)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Johto and the Orange Islands.

The first game I got was set in Johto... plus, EVERY SINGLE Johto Pokémon is adorable. All three starters were awesome... and yeah. :D

Plus, Johto also... it's hard to explain, from the first episode I saw of Johto, I enjoyed it. I remember when they said that Johto was coming on, and I couldn't wait. We recorded it, but... it got taped over. XD;

Orange Islands lacked new Pokémon... if it had more, it would've been better... and the season was too short. Overall though, both seasons were the best. The other seasons weren't as exciting and as-something as these two were.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Kanto, Orange Island, Johto, Hoenn are my favorites. But I will do anything to watch Kanto again. That is my top favorite season. Orange is not far behind either. Yes I am old school. Old school for the win!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Seriously, anyone who thinks the new series sucks is delusional

Have some repesct for other people's opinions.

I'm old school, so I'll say Kanto, Orange, and Johto. I also like any episode with Drew. Oo;

Back