• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The Beta

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    What are some of the things that interested you the most from seeing the Gold and Silver beta?

For example! I do like some of the beta pokemon:

Spoiler:

some of the prototypes ie. this one of Olivine:

Spoiler:

Also seems interesting! It's kinda cool to see how things were arranged back then.

What were some of the things that caught your interest? Would you prefer seeing some of these things exist in the current G&S game?

Cid

Years
    The Beta

I love Pudie (Growlithe's pre-evo) huhu. It's so cute.

I'm glad it never became a real Pokémon, though. It gives Arcanine a chance to evolve into a stronger Pokémon, or at least hold an Eviolite if the evolution sucks.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    1.Leafeon being in gen. 2 and it evolving from Eevee using a leaf stone, kinda makes you wonder why Umbreon/Espeon/Leafeon didn't apeared in the OG anime with the Eevee brothers since the episode aired in 1998 in japan
    2.Baby pokemon

Last edited:

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
    1.Leafeon being in gen. 2 and it evolving from Eevee using a leaf stone, kinda makes you wonder why Umbreon/Espeon/Leafeon didn't apeared in the OG anime with the Eevee brothers since the episode aired in 1998 in japan

What's there to wonder about? They obviously didn't show up because the Eevee episode happened in mid-Kanto or around that time, back before Gen 2. Their beta forms might have already existed, but there was no way that the writers would've added them into the episode even if they had known about them since the Kanto saga wasn't ready for major Gen 2 promo yet: I mean, the only Gen 2 Pokemon that had even shown up by that point was Ho-Oh, who merely got a three second cameo because of its Legendary status most likely. The next Gen 2 Pokemon that would appear was Togepi, who would basically hog all the Gen 2 hype for himself for a long time. I don't think OS Kanto was ready for the Gen 2 Eeveelutions is all I'm saying.

Anyway, I like many of the beta Pokemon like the shark and the panda ghost. I dislike the beta forms of the baby Pokemon though, especially Pichu and Elekid. I'm glad that they got redesigned for the final versions of Gold and Silver.

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    What's there to wonder about? They obviously didn't show up because the Eevee episode happened in mid-Kanto or around that time, back before Gen 2. Their beta forms might have already existed, but there was no way that the writers would've added them into the episode even if they had known about them since the Kanto saga wasn't ready for major Gen 2 promo yet: I mean, the only Gen 2 Pokemon that had even shown up by that point was Ho-Oh, who merely got a three second cameo because of its Legendary status most likely. The next Gen 2 Pokemon that would appear was Togepi, who would basically hog all the Gen 2 hype for himself for a long time. I don't think OS Kanto was ready for the Gen 2 Eeveelutions is all I'm saying.

Hmm OK then

Back