• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The BINGO! Challenge - Revived

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Sorry I haven't been very active in this challenge just sort of lost motivation for challenges for a short time. Though now back and was wondering 2 things. First for the Alola wonder trade challenge could I get that switched for a different challenge since I don't have internet access for it anymore. And 2 could I get 5 challenges for Pokémon Sword? Please and thank you!

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Username: SiegeGoatRevenge
    Bingo Type: 7x7

KANTO
    Love at First Sight
    The Culinary Challenge
    Rocket Challenge
    Icy Days Challenge
    Hit the Gym
    Rainy Days Challenge
    Your (User)Name Challenge

JOHTO
    Sandy Days Challenge
    NFE Team
    The Champion Challenge
    Sunny Days Challenge
    Elite Mash-Up
    Rocket Challenge

HOENN
    Monotype
    Gift Challenge
    The Culinary Challenge
    Rainy Days Challenge
    Pick-A-Route
    Rainbow Road
    Signature Move

SINNOH
    Pick-A-Route
    Type Link
    The Champion Challenge
    Duo-Species Challenge
    Signature Move
    Sandy Days Challenge
    Hit the Gym

UNOVA
    Unusual Sighting
    Hit the Gym
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Duo-Species Challenge
    Pick-A-Route
    Sunny Days Challenge

KALOS
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Flair of Flare Challenge
    The Culinary Challenge
    Stone Alone
    Scramble
    Gift Challenge
    Icy Days Challenge

ALOLA
    Love at First Sight
    Stone Alone
    The Character Challenge
    NFE Team
    Rainbow Road
    Solo Run
    Monotype

Pok3pals said:
    Sorry I haven't been very active in this challenge just sort of lost motivation for challenges for a short time. Though now back and was wondering 2 things. First for the Alola wonder trade challenge could I get that switched for a different challenge since I don't have internet access for it anymore. And 2 could I get 5 challenges for Pokémon Sword? Please and thank you!

ALOLA
    Wonder Trade Challenge -> Signature Move

GALAR
    The Champion Challenge
    Highest Stat
    The Culinary Challenge
    The Trainer Class Challenge
    Scramble

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Scramble Challenge - Pokémon Heart Gold
    The BINGO! Challenge - Revived

Part 1

Going back to Johto again, this time using a random team of Pokémon given at my request. Two are stone evolutions meaning I'm gonna have to do a bit of Pokéathlon grinding, but that's fine.

To start off, I get to choose Chikorita, and not long after that I'd be able to catch Dunsparce at the Dark Cave. This thing is a 1% encounter there, meaning I spent a considerable amount of time running up and down. When I managed to find one it had a good nature and Serene Grace, two things I was glad about.

Through this first part of the game, especially in the gyms, Dunsparce turned out to be the MVP. Early on, it got access to Rage, which I wasn't sure about whether was good or not, but gaining an attack boost in pretty much every single turn was awesome. Combining that with Dunsparce's fair bulkiness for early game and it was able to single-handedly destroy Falkner and Bugsy (with Rollout).

I had taught Dunsparce Headbutt at the Ilex Forest, having a boosted 60% chance to flinch with Serene Grace. When I got to Goldenrod to face Whitney, the Glare + Headbutt cheesy strategy came through against her Miltank. She got flinched in pretty much every single turn, it was pretty funny. I'm not sure if I'll be ever able to pull that strategy off with any gym leader anymore, so I had to make this post as a tribute to Dunsparce's early game prowess during this run.

Team

Bayleef (Basil) | Relaxed nature | Overgrow
    Lv. 20 @ Miracle Seed
    -Razor Leaf
    -Synthesis
    -Tackle
    -Poison Powder

Dunsparce (Eucalyptus) | Impish nature | Serene Grace
    Lv. 21
    -Headbutt
    -Defense Curl
    -Rollout
    -Glare​

Years
  • Sandy Days Challenge - Pokémon Crystal

Chose this challenge first simply because i've had an urge to play Crystal, especially after playing through HeartGold a couple months ago.

Chose Totodile as my Starter and soloed with it until I hit Violet City and used the ingame Bellsprout trade for Onix. I immanently hacked in a Metal Coat and traded to get Steelix since it was an essential pokemon for the challenge and you can't get one until after the E4 overwise. After the 1st gym, I caught Sandshrew in Union Cave which i'm pretty sure are the only 2 pokemon eligible for the challenge that you can catch before Kanto.

Bugsy was the first challenging Gym Leader because of the mechanic in Gen 2 when overpowered trade pokemon don't obey you until the 2 badge which made the fight more annoying then it had any right to be. The other Gym Leaders to give me a challenge were Chuck, Jasmine and Clair.

E4 went by fine until I reached Lance, whose Gyarados completely tore through my team, forcing me to retry the E4. Thankfully, I had Rollout as a TM available, which after actually saving infront of Lance and changing up my tactics, was a saving grace. His last Dragonite that knows Fire Blast was still a pain, however thankfully Steelix was just about enough of a defensive beast so that I could just Hyper Potion and wait for it to run out.

I beat the E4 in 10 hours, making it 13 hours quicker then when I tried beating the game in Heartgold making a full team. The Challenge was pretty fun, and I didn't realize how good Sandslash could be, especially after obtaining Dig, helping out in most of the Gym battles and the first 3 E4 members.

Team

Steelix - Level 54 - Quick Claw

- Strength
    - Dragonbreath
    - Iron Tail
    - Crunch

Sandslash - Level 53

- Rollout
    - Earthquake
    - Dig
    - Dynamicpunch​

1/49 challenges completed

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Kanto Solo Run​

Given that my county is stuck on lockdown and I don't have to be in school right now, I figured there wouldn't be a better time to pick this challenge back up. I haven't done anything in a long while, and I'm actually trashing the run I was on originally, because I misinterpreted the challenge prompt and thus the run is invalidated. But today I picked my 3DS back up and set to doing a solo run in Pokemon Blue.

There was plenty of grinding early on, as I had to evolve Champion from a Nidoran-M into a Nidorino in order to beat Brock. He evolved into a Nidoking by Misty's gym (using the ever-so-handy Moon Stone from Mt. Moon), but it still took a couple of attempts to get past Starmie. A lucky crit with Thrash was able to get the job done, though, and from there the run was easy. Thrash helped sweep trainer after trainer until late in the run. It was the way Lt. Surge went down, as well as Erika and Sabrina. By Koga's gym, I had gotten the TM for Earthquake, so that took him down, and did the same for Blaine, along with the HM Surf. Giovanni was easy to finish with Surf and Ice Beam, leading to the Elite Four.

Lorelei was a pain, but after a couple of tries Champion was able to live Lapras's Blizzard on 5 HP and hit a Thunderbolt to take it out after sweeping the rest of the team pretty easily. Bruno's team went down to Surf easily, and Agatha's team went down to Earthquake. Lance was an easy sweep with Ice Beams and a Thunderbolt for Gyarados, leading to the final battle against Blue. Pidgeot went down in two Ice Beams, followed by Alakazam and Rhydon going down to Earthquake and Surf, respectively. Arcanine went down to an Earthquake, leaving only two Pokemon left. Exeggutor was a pain, but eventually we took him out at close to full health after he missed a Hypnosis. Blastoise went down in two Thunderbolts and that's all she wrote for this challenge.

I'd also like to give a special shout-out to Leia the Charmander, the team's HM slave, who helped with Cut and Strength despite never growing past LV7.

Team:

Champion (Nidoking)
    Level 62
    - Earthquake
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf

Bingo Progress: 1/49

Sorvete

Novice
    Years

Part 2

Picking up from last time I had just defeated Whitney. I was able to get the rest of my team members rather quickly after that, and after some grinding went to face Morty. It was a fairly simple battle, and Dunsparce got to shine again. None of Morty's Pokémon could really hurt it and it had just learned Pursuit.

Since I got more type coverage on my team, the following gyms went pretty well, without needing of hax from Dunsparce. Starmie could handle Chuck with Psychic and Flareon easily beat Jasmine with Flamethrower. Pryce was the same deal as before, all of his team is ironically weak to Grass, so I used Meganium. Petal Dance did the trick.

I struggled a little bit with Clair and failed 3 attempts at beating her with an underleveled team, so I decided to go grab my last team member and grind some levels. Once everyone reached 38 I felt more comfortable in taking on the gym. Starmie was able to one shot Gyarados this time with Thunderbolt and handle her two Dragonairs with Ice Beam. I tried to do some hax with Dunsparce against her Kingdra but it didn't last long. At least it was able to get paralyzed, which opened the door for Meganium to clean up the fight.

All 8 Johto badges are now acquired, which means I'll be taking on the Elite 4 soon. Definitely need to do some training first and Donphan needs to learn good moves...

Team
    Spoiler:

Years
  • The Hit the Gym Challenge in Pokémon Emerald

FINAL PART

It's time to finish another region on my Bingo. I've been thinking about making some pun here like Hoenn Alone, but can't think of anything, so let's just move on.

I attempted this Challenge about a year ago, but didn't even make it through Roxanne before getting bored. I think it was during the time I was really burned out of Pokémon games, so that was probably the reason.

Anyway, this second try was much better and I enjoyed it. I used a little bit different team that I planned on having the first time and I think it made things more interesting and challenging. I picked both Pelipper and Walrein because Hoenn has too much water and I finally tried Solrock in action. If I remember correctly, I've never used it and it saved me several times, especially in E4 battles. EDIT: After checking my Hall of Fame post, I found Randomized Nuzlocke run from 2013, where I've used Solrock. So it has been about 7 years since I last used it.

The rest of the team worked pretty much the as I though they would be. Manectric and Hariyama were the main powerhouses and, alongside Pelipper, carried me through most of the game. Camerupt was there to take care of Grass-types that were annoying in the early game, when Pelipper (as Wingull) didn't know any Flying-type move.

The hardest battle was the double battle with Tate and Liza, since I didn't really have 2 Pokémon to deal with them. I lost once to them because Claydol and Xatu just swept most of my team on their own. Psychic-types overall were pretty problematic type, but luckily there aren't that many in Hoenn.

This was also another run, where I tried not to just rush E4 with whatever moves and items I currently had on me, but took time to relearn some of the HMs I had on my Pokémon and give them item they would benefit from the most.

Here are some of the battles I had along the ride:
    Spoiler:

And finally here's Hall of Fame:

Team

Winona, Calm Female Pelipper
    lvl 55, Keen Eye @Mystic Water
    - Surf
    - Steel Wing
    - Ice Beam
    - Fly

Brawly, Rash Male Hariyama
    lvl 55, Thick Fat @King's Rock
    - Brick Break
    - Focus Energy
    - Bulk Up
    - Fake Out

Wattson, Brave Male Manetric
    lvl 56, Lightingrod @Magnet
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunder Wave
    - Quick Attack
    - Bite

Flannery, Lax Female Camerupt
    lvl 55, Magma Armor @Soft Sand
    - Flamethrower
    - Attract
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

Tate, Naughty - Solrock
    lvl 55, Levitate @Twistedspoon
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Flamethrower
    - Rock Slide

Wattson, Brave Male Manetric
    lvl 55, Thick Fat @Nevermeltice
    - Hail
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake​

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
    Years

Final Part

This is a short update. I made it to the Elite Four and upgraded everyone's movesets.

The fights there were fairly easy. Starmie literally the MVP because of its great speed/sp atk and movepool variety. Ice Beam bodied two of Lance's Dragonites, and it even did well against three of Karen's Pokémon. Donphan was also able to get the screentime it deserved, walling a bunch of enemies such as Machamp and Aerodactyl, and hitting hard with Earthquake and the coverage it had. Overall I'd say this wasn't the most interesting run I've done in my Bingo so far, but still fairly enjoyable. But yeah, moving on with my other challenges ig.

Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Current Bingo sheet:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • The Wonderlocke Challenge in Pokémon Ultra Moon

PART 1

Time to go back to Alola, since I have 2 challenges to do there. I couldn't really decide which Trainer Class to choose, so I went with more straightforward Wonderlocke.

I should also probably mention some optional rules I apply for this run:
    • SET mode
    • Dupes clause (for the whole evolution tree, unless the Pokémon has branched evolution)
    • No affection (unless it's Eevee, which *spoiler alert* I got and evolved into Sylveon)
    • If I get Pokémon with level higher than either Totem Pokémon or the weakest Kahuna's Pokémon, I have to trade it again

I randomly picked Litten as my starter and found out I won't be able to trade for a long time. So I continued the story and caught Grubbin on Route 1. No problems so far.

Finally getting to the point I can trade, traded Litten for level 16 Psyduck. Since the Totem Raticate is level 12, I have to get rid of this Psyduck. But before that I decided to trade Grubbin first and got level 41 Carbink, so I'll have to trade both. So I traded Psyduck and got... level 11 Psyduck. Funny. And for my Carbink I got... level 1 Carbink. What is this sorcery?

I get already guess this will be pretty nice ride. Anyway, Trainer School was easy this time, since the Teacher didn't have super-effective Pokémon against my starter. Another catch was Mime Jr. in Hau'oli and I traded it for level 8 Wingull. It's nice, but I don't want to use Wingull in another run.

Battle with Ilma was also pretty easy this time around, even though his Pokémon still hit hard. Route 2 encounter was Ekans, which got gacha'd into level 14 Alolan Ratatta, which was traded for level 18 Slowpoke, which was finally traded for level 7 Alolan Grimer. That's pretty nice Pokémon for Ekans. While training I also got Hau'oli Cemetery encounter with Murkrow, which was turned into level 1 Eevee. That's another nice gift. I almost immediately decided to evolve it into Sylveon, since that's my least used Eeveelution.

I was able to evolve it into Sylveon right before entering Verdant Cave, so Ilma's Trial was easy. Totem Raticate fell to 2 Fairy Winds.

And so I was able to catch encounter in Verdant Cave - Alola Rattata. Which was traded for level 14 Crabrawler. That's another great addition for my collection. And to end this update I also got Route 3 encounter - Cutiefly. I traded it for level 14 Crabrawler. Déjà vu. Few trades later (Crabrawler -> Wishiwashi -> Magikarp) and I have level 1 Shroomish.

Team

Uu, Lax Female Psyduck
    lvl 16, Cloud Nine
    - Water Pulse
    - Confusion
    - Brick Break
    - Tail Whip

Carbink, Timid - Carbink
    lvl 14, Clear Body
    - Tackle
    - Smack Down
    - Harden
    - Sharpen

Grimer, Naughty Female Grimer
    lvl 14, Gluttony
    - Bite
    - Disable
    - Poison Gas
    - Pound

Sylveon, Serious Male Sylveon
    lvl 15, Cute Charm
    - Fairy Wind
    - Growl
    - Quick Attack
    - Baby-Doll Eyes

Tyler, Relaxed Female Crabrawler
    lvl 14, Hyper Cutter
    - Bubble
    - Rock Smash
    - Leer
    - Pursuit

Shroomish, Quiet Male Shroomish
    lvl 9, Quick Feet
    - Seed Bomb
    - Tackle
    - Leech Seed
    - Stun Spore​

Years
  • Unusual Sighting - Pokémon Black

Felt like doing a randomized playthrough, so this was the challenge I took on next. Problem with randomized runs is that it can feel so slow to me in the early run, when you get and face strong pokemon in the wild with no real strong moves, so I stop started this save until after the 4th gym where I felt more motivated to play.

All Pokemon were caught before the 2nd gym, there were no real challenges in any gym battle since I grinded well for them, however the last N and Ghestis battles were really hard, thankfully I mass bought a lot of those Health Roots in Driftveil City which if I had not, would had left me defeated at the Ghestis battle. I think I had to use at least 30 of them.

Team​

Metagross - Level 54

- Psychic
    - Meteor Mash
    - Metal Claws
    - Hammer Arm

Absol - Level 53

- Swords Dance
    - X-Scissor
    - Night Slash
    - Bite

Yanmaga - Level 50

- Pursuit
    - Aerial Ace
    - U-Turn
    - Uproar

Poliwrath - Level 48

- Surf
    - Brick Break
    - Scald
    - Submission

Lickilicky - Level 47

- Shadow Ball
    - Bulldoze
    - Thunder
    - Surf

Leafeon - Level 46

- Quick Attack
    - Synthesis
    - Grass Knot
    - Magical Leaf​

Absol was definitely my MVP, Swords Dance + Bite is a really deadly combination in a lot of Gyms and most of the E4, making those battles a breeze. Metagross and Poliwrath also helped out a lot in the end game, while my starter Yanmaga and Lickilicky helped out in the early game.

Challenges done - 2/49

Years
  • Hit the Gym - Pokémon Black 2

Saw a youtube series with this game, and I never actually got around to beating this game at the time so I wanted to give it a go. Some of my original plans for my team where dashed when I realized how the location changes meant that Pokemon I wanted to use where either too late to use (Jellicent) or not obtainable before the post game (Druddigon).

Playthrough was pretty easy, and I battled a lot more trainers then I normally would do, but I did black out once to the last trainer at Victory Road to his Golurk. Gym Leaders were for the most part easy (although I was underleveled for Marlon) and so was the entire E4.

Team​

Excadrill - Level 65

- Metal Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Silde
    - Drill Run

Swanna - Level 65

- Aerial Ace
    - Fly
    - Surf
    - Hurricane

Stoutland - Level 60

- Strength
    - Crunch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Surf

Scolipede - Level 56

- Steamroller
    - Double-Edge
    - Poison Tail
    - Bug Bite​

MVP was of course Excadrill, but Swanna was a lot better then I expected it to be. Stoutland and it's pre-evolutions were good enough for the early game, but while Scolipede did put out fights against Gym Leaders such as Skyla and knocked a few Pokemon out in the E4 (most noticeably Iris's Hydriogen), the lack of real good Bug and Poison TM's i could find made it pretty bad for use in the end game.

Challenges completed - 3/49

Years
  • Pick a Route - Pokémon Omega Ruby - Dewford Cave

Decided to play through Hoenn, and thought the 6th gen games would be the best to make more Pokemon in my team a lot more useful with added evolutions and Mega evolutions. Dewford Cave was my choice since I thought it was the best place to obtain useful and balanced Pokemon for my team, something which came to be true in the end. Plus the EXP share system made it a lot easier to train up all of my team.

Soloed the game with Mudkip before I reached Dewford cave, since I knew I needed to use HMs such as Surf (didn't know Hariyama could learn it at the time), Dive and Waterfall. The grind for Brawly's gym was tedious and it was the only time I actually wiped out during the playthrough, but once Zubat learned Wing Attack, it became a lot easier. It was annoying to have to backtrack to Dewford Cave twice (three times actually because I picked the wrong bike at first) to get my required Pokemon, but after that was done and my team balanced out more, the game became a breeze with only Glacia (because of Frolass) and Steven giving me a challenge.

Team​

Mawile - Level 62

- Play Rough
    - Iron Head
    - Faint Attack
    - Fire Blast

Crobat - Level 58

- Fly
    - Steel Wing
    - Acrobatics
    - Venoshock

Probopass - Level 56

- Hidden Power (Psychic)
    - Earth Power
    - Thunder
    - Power Gem

Aggron - Level 54

- Blizzard
    - Rock Tomb
    - Iron Head
    - Dig

Hariyama - Level 53

- Rock Tomb
    - Surf
    - Reversal
    - Close Combat​

Mawile gets my MVP because of how useful it ended up being in the Elite 4 (Seriously, it had a counter for almost every Pokemon in there), but also Crobat ended up being extremely fun to use with OHKO's against a lot of Pokemon with Acrobatics. Hariyama was useful in the early game but slowed down, Probopass got off to a slow start, but once it got later in the useful, it became much more useful and Aggron came in clutch against Pokemon like Steven's Metagross. All in all, probably the best team I have had so far in this challenge.

Challenges completed - 4/49

Years
  • Culinary Challenge - Pokémon Fire Red

Was watching a Leaf Green stream, so I decided to go through these games for the first time. If you're wondering how I got through this so quickly compared to the last challenge I completed, it's because I have a lot of free time and I usually play through the games at about 2-3x speed. I chose Fire Red because I wanted to use Arcanine.

Game was mostly easy up to the Elite 4, but pretty much all of Gary's fights gave me a challenge (especially the level creep at Sliph Co). The E4 was a different story however. I bought about 35 Full Restores and almost had to use them all, plus about 10 Hyper Potions I had left and I used about 20 revives. Without those Hyper Potions, I mostly likely would have had to do another E4 run, and may have had to use the VS Seeker to grind up money. Still a really fun runthrough however.

Team​

Venusaur - Level 52

- Earthquake
    - Razor Leaf
    - Sleep Powder
    - Vine Whip

Arcanine - Level 51

- Bite
    - Dig
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Flamethrower

Snorlax - Level 51

- Solarbeam
    - Surf
    - Blizzard
    - Strength

Primeape - Level 50

- Aerial Ace
    - Mega Punch
    - Cross Chop
    - Brick Break​

I would say that all 4 Pokemon had their time in the sun although Primeape did slow right down at the E4. Venusaur took care of Misty, Lt Surge, Giovanni and the E4, Arcanine took care of Erika, Sabrina, Koga and the E4, Snorlax took care of Blaine and a good part of the E4, and Primeape took care of Brock, the Team Rocket events and Bruno of the E4.

Challenges Completed - 5/49

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Sandy Days in Y

I started this challenge way back, but didn't resume it until fairly recently because of other runs and stuff.

Anyway, I played through the initial bit of the game with my starter until after the first gym where I could get my first Pokémon, Budew. (Roserade learns Weather Ball at level 1).

I couldn't get my second partner until later on, so I had to solo this whole segment until Ambrette with just Budew.

It was rough, the first problem I encountered was Sycamore's Bulbasaur, which took a lot to kill. Even at max special attack, Budew dealt ~1/8 of its health with Absorb, even at a few levels higher! It took a lot of turns, but I somehow made out of that alive.

When a Kadabra almost killed Budew in Route 5 with Confusion I decided to be more careful with who I wanted to battle, so I opened the handy dandy Bulbapedia and checked every single route to see who Budew could potentially die to and try my best to avoid them. And I made out of that situation alive.

After I reached Ambrette, on Route 9, I finally got my second friend, Hippopotas, and the main Sandstorm setter for my team. Inside Glittering Cave I was also able to get a Mawile, which will be the second Sandstorm setter.

Budew finally evolved into Roselia sometime before the second gym, which was soloed by Mawile. In the next route I also caught a Sigilyph with the Magic Guard ability (which took longer than I expected to find).

My last two mons were Carbink and Gible. Carbink is mandatory for the challenge and Gible has Sand Veil.

From then it didn't even feel like the same run I started with just Budew. I thought the team was pretty balanced, except for an obvious Ice-type weakness, which proved to be a problem for Wulfric. I managed to barely win that fight with just a few mons remaining.

The Elite 4 was pretty easy (Hippowdon had a great time Earthquaking everything) and even though Siebold's Gyarados managed to set up a few Dragon Dances I still managed to bring it down with Roserade. Diantha's Gardevoir proved to be a nuisance killing 3 of my team members but thankfully Mawile's Iron Head finished it off at the end!

Building this weather-based team was pretty fun, and I'm looking forward to doing the other weather challenges in my sheet.

Team

Roserade (Olenna) | Nature: Careful | Poison Point
    Moves: Petal Dance, Sludge Bomb, Weather Ball, Shadow Ball
    Level 58 @ Black Sludge

Hippowdon (Crunch) | Nature: Serious | Sand Stream
    Moves: Earthquake, Crunch, Rock Slide, Strength
    Level 58 @ Smooth Rock

Mawile (The Rude) | Nature: Hardy | Intimidate
    Moves: Play Rough, Iron Head, Rock Smash, Sandstorm
    Level 57 @ Rocky Helmet

Sigilyph (Ramsey) | Nature: Impish | Magic Guard
    Moves: Air Slash, Dazzling Gleam, Psychic, Ice Beam
    Level 58 @ Mind Plate

Carbink (Sapphy) | Nature: Rash | Clear Body
    Moves: Moonblast, Power Gem, Calm Mind, Stone Edge
    Level 58 @ Pixie Plate

Garchomp (Jay) | Nature: Adamant | Sand Veil
    Moves: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Crunch, Surf
    Level 58 @ Earth Plate

Current Bingo sheet:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years

PART 1

Guess who accidentally overwrote their save? It's time to do this all over again. Uu, you will be remembered!

Again here are some optional rules I apply for this run:
    • SET mode
    • Dupes clause (for the whole evolution tree, unless the Pokémon has branched evolution)
    • No affection (unless it's Eevee, which *spoiler alert* I got and evolved into Sylveon)
    • If I get Pokémon with level higher than either Totem Pokémon or the weakest Kahuna's Pokémon, I have to trade it again

I once again randomly picked Litten as my starter and caught Grubbin on Route 1.

Finally getting to the point I can trade, traded Litten for level 21 Cutiefly, which I traded for level 1 Tangela. Grubbin was traded for level 22 Rockruff and then for level 1 Porygon. So that's pretty interesting team made out of Pokémon I haven't used in a while. And both on level 1, so I had to train them first. Also Tangela apparently hatched in 2011 on Paniola Ranch. Someone forgot to set time properly.

Trainer School was pretty easy this time around with Tangela taking care of everything aside from Alolan Grimer.

It's painful to go through those tutorials again so soon. Anyway, Hau'oli City encounter was Furfrou, which I traded for level 20 Zubat, then for level 53 Slowpoke and finally for level 12 Spearow. So far pretty nice team, but too Kanto heavy for my taste.

Ilma's battle was easier than the last time for some reason. I think I have bulkier Pokémon on my team now. And Tangela's Giga Drain is just so OP in the early game.

Encounter for Route 2 is Drowzee and it just can't stay in the Ball. It took me 5 Great Balls I got from someone earlier to actually catch it. Nicknamed Sleepie, it is sent to Joker from Germany for level 34 Alolan Dugtrio. Which was then traded level 47 Incineroar, which was finally traded for level 1 Magikarp.

I run straight into a battle with a trainer next to the patch of grass there with Tangela and Porygon asleep, so Spearow had to take on Cutiefly, which wasn't that easy with just Fury Attack and being paralyzed.

Hau'oli Cemetary encounter was Gastly and Tangela killed it with crit Giga Drain.

Ilma's Trial was also pretty easy, even without Fighting or Fairy-type. Tangela once again took care of everything with Giga Drain. Verdant Cave's encounter was Zubat. I traded it for level 12 Yungoos. Finally non-Kanto Pokémon.

Route 3 encounter was Cutiefly. Caught and nicknamed Cutie, it was traded for leve 60 Stunfisk, which was traded for level 12 Vullaby. So far pretty nice selection of Pokémon.

And first death of this run came rather quickly. Yungoos died to a random wild Hawlucha. I really hoped it would survive or move first, but Hawlucha's Karate Chop chopped it down. And it almost took down Spearow before finally fainting.

Anyway, encounter for Melemele Meadow was Cutiefly and traded Pokémon was level 1 Magikarp, so I once again traded it for level 11 Flabébé. Seaward Cavern's encounter was Smoochum that took me eternity to catch and once again costed me about 10 Great Balls. There were no sad goodbyes when sending her away. I got level 1 Litwick for it.

Now it's time for Hala. Vullaby almost died to Machop's revenge, but in the end beat not only Machop, but also Makuhita. Then it has been fighting Crabrawler, but it was pretty low on HP, so I sent out Spearow, which beat Crabrawler with 2 Aerial Aces.

After that I got 1 more encounter on Melemele. Mawile in Ten Carat Hill, which was traded for level 1 Abra. This Abra is almost a year old. It was hatched on 31.5. 2019.

I got to Akala Island and beat Sina before saving up. My current team looks like this. Some of my Pokémon are getting slightly overleveled, so I try to not use them often.

Team

ポリゴン, Brave - Porygon
    lvl 19, Download @Normalium Z
    - Psybeam
    - Tackle
    - Sharpen
    - Conversion

Litwick, Quirky Female Litwick
    lvl 14, Flash Fire
    - Ember
    - Astonish
    - Fire Spin
    - Confuse Ray

Trade, Sassy Female Vullaby
    lvl 17, Overcoat @Sharp Beak
    - Pluck
    - Nasty Plot
    - Fury Attack
    - Gust

Abra, Gentle Female Abra
    lvl 12, Synchronize
    - Teleport

Tangela, Relaxed Male Tangela
    lvl 20, Regenerator @Quick Claw
    - Giga Drain
    - Poison Powder
    - Sleep Powder
    - Growth

フベ, Impish Female Flabébé
    lvl 16, Flower Veil
    - Fairy Wind
    - Razor Leaf
    - Tackle
    - Lucky Chant​

Years

PART 2

Going deeper in Akala, I got few more encounters. First off, the Route 4 encounter: Mudbray, caught, nicknamed Horsie, traded for level 1 Magikarp, then traded for level 57 Cottonee, which was traded for level 22 Cubone, which was traded for level 1 Magikarp, which was traded for level 34 Ribombee, which was finally traded for level 1 Popplio. That took a long time.

Hau surprised me with battle in Poniola Town, but it went badly for him. I can't remember exact details, but after the battle Flabébé and Abra evolved. So that was great. I decided to immediately evolve Kadabra again and got super strong Psychic-type early on.

But let's go back to my favourite part of Wonderlocke - obtaining new Pokémon. Paniola Ranch encounter was Mareep. I easily caught i t and nicknamed it Sheepie. I traded for level 1 Rufflet. Route 5 had Lillipup, who I once again caught, nicknamed Puppie and traded for level 9 Cutiefly. I decided not to put any of them on team for now.

Battle with Gladion was pretty uneventful for once and my Porygon easily took down Type: Null.

I was a little bit afraid of Lana's Trial, especially since there is Araquanid instead of Wishiwashi as Totem Pokémon. I sent out Trade against it and little bird was able to hit Araquanid once with Pluck, before being killed by critical Bubble. That was unexpected and hurt a lot. I was really enjoying using Vullaby and was looking forward it evolving. Well, Trade, you will be remembered. But the battle continued and I decided to avenge Trade with Porygon. Traded did a lot of damage, so Porygon was able to beat Araquanid with one Tackle.

And that's all for now. I buried Trade in PC and decided to put its counterpart - Rufflet, on my team. Hopefully it will survive to the end.

Team

ポリゴン, Brave - Porygon
    lvl 24, Download @Normalium Z
    - Psybeam
    - Tackle
    - Sharpen
    - Charge Beam

Litwick, Quirky Female Litwick
    lvl 23, Flash Fire
    - Flame Burst
    - Astonish
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Confuse Ray

Furaiglon, Jolly Male Rufflet
    lvl 6, Sheer Force @Sharp Beak
    - Peck
    - Leer
    - Fury Attack

Abra, Gentle Female Alakazam
    lvl 23, Synchronize
    - Teleport
    - Psybeam
    - Kinesis
    - Disable

Tangela, Relaxed Male Tangela
    lvl 24, Regenerator @Quick Claw
    - Giga Drain
    - Poison Powder
    - Sleep Powder
    - Growth

フベ, Impish Female Flabébé
    lvl 23, Flower Veil
    - Fairy Wind
    - Razor Leaf
    - Tackle
    - Lucky Chant​

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Pokemon Sword - Pick-A-Route - Route 3

Klinklang @ Metal Coat
    Lv.66
    Mild/Plus
    - Flash Cannon
    - Magnetic Flux
    - Power Gem
    - Volt Switch

Centiskorch @ Magnet
    Lv.66
    Careful/White Smoke
    - Fire Lash
    - Crunch
    - Leech Life
    - Thunder Fang

Skuntank @ Charcoal
    Lv.66
    Modest/Stench
    - Flamethrower
    - Dark Pulse
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Acid Spray

Hitmontop @ Soft Sand
    Lv.66
    Sassy/Intimidate
    - Sucker Punch
    - Bulldoze
    - Brick Break
    - Stone Edge

Cherrim @ Big Root
    Lv.66
    Adamant/Flower Gift
    - Sunny Day
    - Petal Blizzard
    - Leech Seed
    - Play Rough

Corviknight @ Sharp Beak
    Lv.67
    Lax/Unnerve
    - Iron Head
    - Brave Bird
    - Body Press
    - U-Turn

Years

PART 3

I took care of Sudowoodo and easily beat Soliera with Alakazam. Route 6 encounter was Alolan Ratatta and it was easily caught with one Great Ball. It was traded for level 1 Taillow with Adamant Nature and Guts. That's nice. But what's up with all those birds?

Tangela shined in Royal Avenue where he destroyed Kukui's Rockruff and won me the battle. Going straight to Route 7, my encounter was Finneon. I got level 1 Shroomish for it. That's another good trade right here.

So let's continue with another encounter in Wela Volcano Park. Fletchling was again easily caught and I traded it for level 13 Pikipek. This is not funny anymore. Can I get anything besides birds?

And let's get to the Kiawe's Trial. It was disaster. I had literally no Pokémon that would have clear advantage and I for some reason put Floette in front of my party. And so Litwick, Porygon, Floette, Tangela, Alakazam and Rufflet died. So... complete wipe. It has been a while since something like that happened. I didn't want to go through the whole tutorial again so soon, so I picked some level 1 Pokémon I had in the box and decided to continue. My new team consisted of Popplio, Taillow, Shroomish, Spearow, Mudbray and Cutiefly. Good thing I skipped some trainers on Route 6 and 7.

And... I accidentally run into a trainer on my way to grass and wiped again. This time on Oricorio. I only have Magikarp and Pikipek in my PC, so I think I'll restart the game now. But I think I'll try another challenge for now, since this left me emotionally scarred.

RIP

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Unusual Sighting in Leaf Green

I started this one a long time ago but wasn't really in the mood to grind for the e4. I decided to finish it today though so I could start another one. The early parts of this weren't particularly hard, given the fact I had some fully evolved mons by then! I had a lot of fun playing a randomizer though, using some Pokémon I would otherwise not find in Kanto.

I randomized wild encounters and items for this one.

Team

Armaldo (Ronaldo) | Nature: Naughty | Battle Armor
    Moves: Rock Slide, Ancient Power, Earthquake, Strength
    Level 61 @ Quick Claw

Electabuzz (Harmony) | Nature: Quirky | Static
    Moves: Thunderbolt, Thunder Punch, Psychic, Thunder
    Level 62 @ Magnet

Typhlosion (Lavender) | Nature: Quirky | Blaze