• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Breakneck Shoddy Gym League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
Years
  • The Breakneck Shoddy Gym League

Intro: Welcome to the Breakneck Shoddy Gym League, a new and dangerous Shoddy gym. Prepare yourselves for the battle league of your lives.

Rules: The Rules our gym leaders,Elite Four, and challengers must utilize in battle are:
    Sleep Clause
    OHKO Clause
    Evasion Clause
    Timed Battle
    Species Clause
    No Hax Items

Thread Rules and Courtesy: Here are some rules that are just so that the thread and everyone work together
    No Spamming
    No Flaming
    No Complaining over your opponents victory
    Please make sure that you confirm it is a Gym Battle beforehand

The Way the Gym Works: The way the Gym works is that each Gym Leaders base themselves in one type. This team must have either 4 of the set type, and they can be a mixed type, or they can have 3 of the set type, but one must be solid. For an example, if someone was the Water Gym Leader, they could have Gyarados, Lapras, Kabutops, and Kingdra. This is ok because they have four water types, but if they wanted to only have three, they would need one Pokemon that wasnt mixed, like Gyarados, Kabutops, and Blastoise. If anyone is confused by that, just PM me or post in the thread. Elite Four also go by those type guidelines.

A challenger must defeat all the gym leaders to go on to the Elite Four. If you lose to a Gym Leader, you do not lose any badges obtained before. The Gyms can be battled in any order, and challengers may change teams in between battles. Try not to make a team that is specifically deigned for taking down a Gym Leaders type. Once you defeat a Gym Leader, please place their badge (soon to be up) or if we don't have them yet, just put Defeated Gym Leader ________

If you get to the Elite Four, you must defeat all of them without losing or else you have to start over. They still have the same type restrictions, so keep that in mind.

When a challenger defeats all Elite Four and Gym Leaders, they may accept the position of Champion, and wait for any challengers who defeat all the gyms and Elite Four

If you wish to replace a Gym Leader, you must have defeated all of the gyms available, and then defeat the Gym Leader you want to replace with a team that is restriced by type like them, and also receive approval from me after the battle.

Banned List: Just the list of all banned Pokemon. I currently am NOT allowing Deoxys-S, Garchomp, And Wobbufett.

Arceus
    Darkrai
    Deoxys-All Forms
    Dialga
    Giratina
    Groudon
    Ho-Oh
    Kyogre
    Latias
    Latios
    Lugia
    Manaphy
    Mew
    Mewtwo
    Palkia
    Rayquaza

Gym Leader/Elite Four Application: Apply, we still have positions open!

PC Username:
    Shoddy Username:
    Position Wanted:
    Type:

As well as the application, you will have to face me in a battle. I have assembled a team that is decent, but has a few obvious flaws. You do not have to defeat me, but just prove you are a good enough trainer. The team you battle me with does not need to be a mono team.

Current Gyms Filled: So right now we have a few open, so get applying!

First Gym: boo836
    Shoddy Name: Johnny
    Type: Fighting

Second Gym: Open

Third Gym: Open

Fourth Gym: The Playa
    Shoddy Name: The Playa
    Type: Rock

Fifth Gym: Waffle-san
    Shoddy Name: Waffle-San
    Type:Bug

Sixth Gym: Open

Seventh Gym: Eos Aduro
    Shoddy Name: EosAduro
    Type: Grass

Eighth Gym: Zathura
    Shoddy Name: Zathura
    Type:Fire

Elite Four: You can also apply here, but bring your best team!

First Elite Four: Open

Second Elite Four: Open

Third Elite Four: Open

Fourth Elite Four: Open

Champion: We'll see

Other: I want personalized badges done, so if anyone is a good spriter and wants to make them that would be awesome.

And with ABYAYs permission, please use this server

Host: 75.109.11.25
    Port: 1234

Have Fun!

Last edited:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I would like to apply for the uh 5th gym

Waffle-San
    Shoddy Username:Waffle-San or WaffleSan
    I'd like to apply for the 5th gym
    Type:Bug

And how about a list of banned pokemon. Like Ubers and possibly Garchomp, Wobbufet and Deoxys.

MyLittleShop

Click my eggs for free events
    Years
  • PC Username: MyLittleShop
    Shoddy Username: MyLittleShop
    Position Wanted: Any gym positon you assign me
    Type: Physic

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2009
    PC Username: Zathura
    Shoddy Username: Zathura
    Position Wanted: Eighth Gym Leader
    Type: Fire

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Oh I gotcha now, you need atleast 1 pure water to have a 3 team of water.
    At first I thought you meant you needed 3 pure waters.

Eos Aduro

Years
  • No, thats just a little bit cruel :P. Especially for like a Steel gym which I believe only has Mawile.

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Suggestion: I say you just make it so you have to have 4 Pokemon of the same type of your gym.
    Because having dual type doesn't necessarily make it better. Like Suicune, its a pure water type and is one of the best bulky waters, and Gyarados it may lose its water weakness but gains a x4 weakness to electric. Oh and also there is no single type for Flying, all flyings are dual types.

REMEMBER ITS A SUGGESTION, ITS YOUR LEAGUE AND YOU MAKE YOUR OWN RULES!
    JUST HAD TO SAY THIS BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE GET BUTT HURT FROM SUGGESTIONS.

Eos Aduro

Years
  • I see your point, but if you consider the different types, some are harder than others. Water is easy since its diverse, and flying is pretty easy too (Normal-Flying is the solid type), but say Ghost, only Dusknoir, Banette, and Mismagius are solid.

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
  • What the....
    I posted here a while ago but doesn't seem like it's here anymore....
    Oh well, here it is again

PC Username:ThePlaya
    Shoddy Username:ThePlaya
    Position Wanted:Gym Leader(4th)
    Type:Rock

Eos Aduro

Years
  • Yes, if you're good enough. And ThePlaya, sweet,Im going aay for two weeks, so Waffle-san will be handling everything, so if we cant battle today, ask him.

Ok lucas, if you're ready, go on ABYAYs server and we can do the test battle.

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    I would actually want to join this.

Pc username: Boo836
    Shoddy: Johnny
    Position: Any position. Elite Four if you don't care.
    Type: Fighting

I'll battle whoever Waffle if you want.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back