• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "clan" Organization thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    BeachBoy, I was not aware that we had a set mascot in the first place. :\

...Well, either way, I guess it does not matter to me...EXCEPT:

Do you know how quickly bats can reproduce?

Reproduce =/= revive. Besides, rabbits reproduce quickly, too, but I don't see you suggesting any of those. :O

...Alright, imagine a giant-ass crobat flying towards you with his mouth wide open, while making an irritating high-pitched screeching noise. The whale doesn't seem so scary anymore after trying to imagine that

That would have to be pretty huge to pull that off... As in, the kind of size where ANYTHING would be scary, even a Bidoof. .........Wait...O.O

...Might I remind you of the "RAAAWWWWRR" noise Crobat makes?

Rayquaza noise >>> Crobat noise

Tch, lame

Come say that after your leg's been bitten off.

....Crobat's purple, remember?

So is Barney.

Crobat doesn't even need to hit you to kill you. It just stares at you with fataly high levels of badassness

Oh, we're judging it by that criteria now? Then why not just pick somebody like Chuck Norris or (closer to your territory) Nathan Explosion and leave it at that?

You didn't capitalize the word "Metal," so it doesn't count <_<

Well, of course not. If "Metal" was a Pokemon type, it would be broken beyond belief.

...I'm pretty sure you could find a way to put gloves on one of crobats 4 wings, you know.

Yeah, but then it wouldn't be able to fly, so that whole "swooping down at you" point from earlier is kind of out the window. :\

...Like, do you realize how......stupid it is, to argue over something like that?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    BeachBoy, I was not aware that we had a set mascot in the first place.
    Actually, I wasn't either, but rather what I'm getting by this is the 'cover boy' for the head banner, that's what I'm thinking by 'mascot.'

And Xairmo, it's not over-hyped, it's an incredible and versatile force, in my opinion. Also, if your going to claim how ice beam takes down Salamence, how about I remind you Ho-Oh takes 50% upon entry to the ever so common SR. ;D

Years
    I just feel that Salamence is too over-hyped :/ Everyone seems to use the darn thing and now it's a mascot @.@ As for resistences, one Ice attack and the thing goes down faster than cake at a fat guy convention ._.
    Though I do like you analogy of Bagon's dream to fly and how it connects to us, that was very profound :D

EDIT: Alright I guess I put my vote for Ho-oh and my reason is this-
    After for resistances, one Rock Attack and the thing comes crashing down faster than a human could even say "Hi!" =/ and you comment on Salamence like that. >=[ Salamence does have reasons to attract people, having the ability to attack with Special attack, physical attacks, or both and Choice Specs Draco Meteor from Salamence crushes a lot of stuff.
    BeachBoy said:
    And Xairmo, it's not over-hyped, it's an incredible and versatile force, in my opinion. Also, if your going to claim how ice beam takes down Salamence, how about I remind you Ho-Oh takes 50% upon entry to the ever so common SR. ;D
    Along with that. =]

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Actually, I wasn't either, but rather what I'm getting by this is the 'cover boy' for the head banner, that's what I'm thinking by 'mascot.'

Okay......but I see Mewtwo, Porygon-Z, Kirlia, AND Vileplume all in use on the first page, so why not just use both Salamence & Ho-oh banners?

...In fact, it may be possible to just combine the two: what about a red & blue banner, to represent Pokemon's original colors?

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    So both Ho-oh and Salamence have a big weakness, yet what pokemon doesnt? I agree with Ichaste, why cant we use both. I mean its not like theres a rule for how many mascots we have. the clan is so magnificent that we need multiple mascots to represent what we stand for. Salamence to represent our dreams and hopes and Ho-oh to represent our burning spirit and eternal life. For even when our time in the clan ends others will come to rise to power within the clan ^.^

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    So both Ho-oh and Salamence have a big weakness, yet what pokemon doesnt?

Spiritomb & Sableye...but I doubt those would be useful for mascots (unless the "many fused into one" idea is something we would want to portray...which, come to think of it, might be a good idea...).

Salamence to represent our dreams and hopes and Ho-oh to represent our burning spirit and eternal life. For even when our time in the clan ends others will come to rise to power within the clan ^.^

To take that one step further:

Ho-oh, as Xairmo explained, represents our past and revival into the present. For, as the phoenix rises from its own ashes, so shall we. Salamence represents our future, as in the strength that members strive to obtain and battling prowess that the group as a whole possesses.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    So both Ho-oh and Salamence have a big weakness, yet what pokemon doesnt? I agree with Ichaste, why cant we use both. I mean its not like theres a rule for how many mascots we have. the clan is so magnificent that we need multiple mascots to represent what we stand for. Salamence to represent our dreams and hopes and Ho-oh to represent our burning spirit and eternal life. For even when our time in the clan ends others will come to rise to power within the clan ^.^

I was just mentioning SR because you seemed to point out the big Salamence weakness, while not pointing out rock for Ho-Oh. XD

Ichaste, Mr. combine everyone's idea. XD Sounds great to me. Both Ho-oh and Salamence on the head banner then. :D

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    I actually forgot about Ho-oh's SR weakness ._.;
    Yay I feel special 8D Our future and our past divinely entangled in one banner :P

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I actually forgot about Ho-oh's SR weakness ._.;
    Yay I feel special 8D Our future and our past divinely entangled in one banner :P

Yeah, it should look good. :D

Anyway on the WBS note, starting to notice some clan's growing... fast. I wonder if this means lesser clans may stop. Mmmm, I think we should continue to sit back, and once the forum calms down, strike! 8D

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Anyway on the WBS note, starting to notice some clan's growing... fast. I wonder if this means lesser clans may stop. Mmmm, I think we should continue to sit back, and once the forum calms down, strike! 8D

The calm before the storming? But that presumes that the calm will come...

What if it never does?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    The calm before the storming? But that presumes that the calm will come...

What if it never does?

Haha. Well, we just need things to cut back and let the forum settle into it's original role more.

Never does slow down? I would bet clans get taken away altogether if it never cools off. I don't know, I hope this all fixes itself. Future wars may help with breaking up clans, who knows. Continued chaos on & on surely won't be the course I expect in the future, nor do I want to see such.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Been gone for a while...wow. Well yeah, (on the subject of my perfect Noctowl) I thought that the accuracy of Hypnosis would increase to 80% of hitting. What you all are saying makes more sense, but I'm going to look deeper into this. The Calculations are against Tunderpunch, yes. (Strongest Thunderpunch from an Electivire I might add) And I don't see the problem in having Air Slash as its only attack seeing as how he/she's not much a fighter as much as a support character/wall-ish. I tried to turn Noctowl into usable in the OU tier, and I find that that one works beyond all the other Noctowls.

As for the banner/mascot thing, I vote for ummm Ho-oh still, although playing Master of Puppets in my head made me lean towards Crobat a bit. Now I have the song stuck in my head....xP

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    I've been ridiculously busy but i'm back for now. i was just on shoddy battle tonight testing out my brock team. it's not as good as the ash team but it still did surprisingly well. i was 5-1 and the reason i lost one was because it was my first battle in 6-7 months and the first time i used the brock team.

if anybody in the clan wants to battle(shoddy only because i'm busy and the real thing is kind of slow), send me a PM since i might not see your message if you post here(though i'll try my best to check on this forum more often in the recent future). you can also find me on smogon server, with the same name.

i only have the brock team with me right now, but since people are more interested in battling ash teams i might get around to making one really quick on shoddy.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    I've been ridiculously busy but i'm back for now. i was just on shoddy battle tonight testing out my brock team. it's not as good as the ash team but it still did surprisingly well. i was 5-1 and the reason i lost one was because it was my first battle in 6-7 months and the first time i used the brock team.

if anybody in the clan wants to battle(shoddy only because i'm busy and the real thing is kind of slow), send me a PM since i might not see your message if you post here(though i'll try my best to check on this forum more often in the recent future). you can also find me on smogon server, with the same name.

i only have the brock team with me right now, but since people are more interested in battling ash teams i might get around to making one really quick on shoddy.

As much as it pains me to say this, the clan's dead, bro. Look back; the last post here was made on June 12th...Over an entire month ago.

Both Celestial Okami and Nighofshadow are gone without any chance of ever really coming back, and hardly anyone even still plays competitively anymore. It was a good run while it lasted man, but to be honest, i doubt anyone will actually even be posting here again =/

Mystery2009

The Legacy Begins Now
    Years
    ummm here anymore at least. from what i here there is gonna be another clan(o yay)
    as for there not being many ppl competitive battling im just gonna lol at you on that point

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back