• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Coder's Lounge

stringzzz

Banned
Days
I didn't think I would see this place cease activity so much. I used to come on here several years ago and it was active. Not even sure if anyone will see this, but oh well.

One of the last projects I worked on was an experimental login system in PHP, to see if a system could be made to take longer to brute-force than a typical password hash system. It was successful, though it seems that the drawback is that it takes about 1 MB of data per user to be stored in the system, along with whatever data belongs to them. It did take much longer to brute-force than the password hash system, over 50 times longer, but it was still just experimental.

Years
I didn't think I would see this place cease activity so much. I used to come on here several years ago and it was active. Not even sure if anyone will see this, but oh well.

One of the last projects I worked on was an experimental login system in PHP, to see if a system could be made to take longer to brute-force than a typical password hash system. It was successful, though it seems that the drawback is that it takes about 1 MB of data per user to be stored in the system, along with whatever data belongs to them. It did take much longer to brute-force than the password hash system, over 50 times longer, but it was still just experimental.

yea this place has kinda died but as have forums in general, tbh

but if you want you can talk about your projects here!! https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=485851 o:

stringzzz

Banned
Days
yea this place has kinda died but as have forums in general, tbh

but if you want you can talk about your projects here!! https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=485851 o:

Oh, I appreciate that, I will definitely share something there. And yeah, honestly it's kind of sad to see how this place is now, it's kind of a ghost town, and normally I like ghosts! It used to be so alive and popping, now it's practically just crickets chirping around here. :(

Back