• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The coolest lokking shiny?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Thats what i mean by some are the same colours. Ok, the shiny yes, does look better than the original, as the blue is deeper, and the body is b etter suited to blue than the bluey-brownish colour, but why make it a similar colour? I mean, in real life, there are red and dark brown stingrays, which Mantine is based on (i think) so why not make the Shiny version Red or something very distinguishable?

Manitne is solely based off of the manta ray, which is in fact blue, not brown.
    Why make it similair? well it is more moticable with the newer brighter colors, but a red manitne just looks messed up, and no point to the colors at all...

I mean really, what colors could you give a mantine and make it look professinal and cool, without looking like a fantasy recolor.
    I think the new blues and shades accent it's shininess perfectly. I mean, look at shiny garchomp for example, not much of a difference there? yet it still looks incredible, that's pokemon.
    Shinys are great, but there is a line from Professional Shiny Pokemon to holy biscuit would ya look at that bright yellow neon metagross...

I believe mantine is one of the best, and still do, I think it's perfect coloring as well.
    Though to add to this, I'd say another one of my favorites is the red gyarados, a bit red red but it still looks great for the only 100% see shiny.

Years
    Manitne is solely based off of the manta ray, which is in fact blue, not brown.
    Why make it similair? well it is more moticable with the newer brighter colors, but a red manitne just looks messed up, and no point to the colors at all...

I mean really, what colors could you give a mantine and make it look professinal and cool, without looking like a fantasy recolor.
    I think the new blues and shades accent it's shininess perfectly. I mean, look at shiny garchomp for example, not much of a difference there? yet it still looks incredible, that's pokemon.
    Shinys are great, but there is a line from Professional Shiny Pokemon to holy biscuit would ya look at that bright yellow neon metagross...

I believe mantine is one of the best, and still do, I think it's perfect coloring as well.
    Though to add to this, I'd say another one of my favorites is the red gyarados, a bit red red but it still looks great for the only 100% see shiny.

I understand what your saying, yes not ALL colours would suit all Pokémon. But i mean, i believe the blue are too 'similar', and possibly a much darker, or much lighter shade might work. The original looks fine, but the shiny looks abit, 'normal'. I dont know, maybe an actual 'shiny' colour such as gold or silver would suit some of them, making them look much more professional, like lil' Charmander. He looks 'mazin.

Sakura-Katana

Team Rocket Executive
    Years
    Either the black Charizard or the silver Ninetales. It's unfortunate, though that most shinys either look nearly identical to the normal form (such as Raichu), or just plain ugly (Lucario).

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Dude omg does go to serebii and look at shiny tauros, ahhaaha he's a jamboree of colors XD My faves would have to be pinsir,honchcrow, and gallade =]]

Back