• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Count To Infinity - v12

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
243 222

While it's a true point, herd mentality and group think can be equally harmful.

It's way more prevalent than one would think. Reddit actively encourages this mindset. You take a category of specific people and give them the ability to downvote and hide opinions they don't want to see. From a psychological perspective (I was even a student of psychology at one point) it's a fascinating website.

Days
243 225

Same. Most of them are filled with trash-users, who use indecent words regularly in their posts and it doesn't feels good to join in that kind of environment. Places like this Forum is nice place to be part of, because it feels fun and nice rather than the bad-language effect on sites like Reddit, Facebook, etc.

I am better off doing my things on my own than joining those places.

And in my opinion, Forums feels good to be in Forum Services platform, rather than making forum on Reddit, Facebook, Discord, etc. although I don't know the craze why forums are hosted on them just because they have dedicated software downloadable from Store. But the Official Forums of reputed names are hosted on Forum Services only, not on those mentioned Social Sites.

Days
243 229

Same for me as well; I could be only found here. Although I am not on Discord like Lavender !! Plus I have no intentions to be going on Discord. Once I saw Discord in my friend's mobile, and it looked quite terrible to me, and I wonder why it is chosen forums, even though other alternatives exists, like Matrix-based Element:

Back