• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Cryptex ( A Pokemon Adventure) PG-17

Should Legendaries be implemented into the plot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
    Espire
    Ecruteak City​

Espire walked back on to the sidewalk. F*ck, they found me, Espire thought. Going to have to meet up with Josiah in Olivine, Tobias pondered to himself, as he kept walking. Josiah was a fellow Keeper of the Crypt and was the only other member Espire could trust. Espire wandered over to his apartment, only to find it surrounded by Johto Police. Espire darted behind a crate and listened to the Staff sergeant speak to a lower ranked individual.
    " Patrol the City's perimeter. No one gets in or out of Ecruteak until Espire has been found. The lower-ranked officer walked away and barked some orders to constables, then got back in the car. Espire thought, How in the F*ck am I going to reach Olivine.

Indigo News Update​

" Hello, I am Jenna Fraser, Indigo News. A report from the Johto Police is stating that Ecruteak City is completely blocked off from the Public until further notice. No citizens are allowed in or out of the City."

(Two OOC things. One, you won't be able to enter or exit Ecruteak for a while. Second, I have another RP, The City of a Thousand Wishes, and you should join it.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    Scarlet held down the intercom button for the airships main deck:

"Captain, location report now!" she demanded

After a few seconds a voice replied

"Certainly My Lady, we are currently flying over Violet City and will be stationed above Azalea Town in a matter of minutes"

"Excellent" responded Scarlet "Once we arrive please send a dropship down to the Operations Base to collect our little guest and send her to Olga upon arrival" she finished

"Oh and the base is located just south of the gym" she added

"As you wish My Lady" came the response shortly after and the connection ended at that

"Well I guess I should change into something more grand and covering" Scarlet decided to Cherry Blossom

"Nineeetailss" came Cherry Blossoms response

Scarlet went into her dressing room and hopped into a large crimson dress that clung to her body down to her waist then exploded in all directions thereafter. It was a bother to get into but she didn't have to do it often so she was pleased with that. As a finishing touch she picked up a veil that sat on her dresser and placed it on top of her head. It was made of a special material that allowed her to see out but others to not see in, which hid her face from those that had not proven themselves worthy to see her beauty.

"When and if this grunt completes the mission I give her, she will be worthy to see me in all my glorious beauty" Scarlet spoke to herself "Until then I must wear this" she let the veil fall down across her face.

Now she was ready. Scarlet opened another door that led from the dressing room and into a large narrow hall that contained nothing but a door at one end and a deep purple carpet that ran the entire length of the room and ended in a set of steps which led up to huge throne. Behind this throne there was also a floor to ceiling window which provided an immaculate view of the sky outside, the window was the only source of light but it bathed the entire room in a warm glow.

Scarlet awkwardly made her way over to the throne and sat upon it, now she waited.

Years
    The van carrying Amaterasu and other grunts finally arrived at the Ruins of Alph. The entrance was heavily guarded by the Violet Police Force and it made the female grunt sweat uneasily. See saw policemen in huge numbers before during the Rocket attack on Silph several years ago but they looked better equipped this time.

A policeman stopped the van at the barrier. "Identification?" asked the man in an intimidating uniform. All three grunts showed their IDs from the Pewter Museum.
    The policeman nodded in approval but he went to the next step: "What is inside the crate?" he asked.
    "Equipment needed for excavation sir." The driver answered.
    "Do you have documents for that?" The policeman questioned. Amaterasu presented the documents forged by McTavish and the policeman seemed gullible.
    "All clear." He said as he nodded. The barrier was lifted and the van proceeded to the ruins.

Susanowo looked through documents on land owned by Arcelago. Vermillion Astroland, Olivine Beef Corporation and Fushcia Crescent Aqua Hotel were the Team's largest lands and were the primary source of "clean" money. The commander preferred to gain profit through the cleanest way possible as he believed Team Rocket has failed for excessive shady businesses that were eventually discovered and foiled by a boy. He also listed other lands and companies Arcelago can attempt to buy out to gain profit and he marked Saffron Stadium, New Bark Hobby Centre and a Sharpedo plantation that he didn't bother checking the name of. He once attempted to buy HeartGold ramen, a popular ramen chain but the offer was refused multiple times along with the Pal Park and Kanto Radio.

"Gunz!" said Susanowo to summon one of his top grunts. The tall grunt then walked towards the commander. "I want you to send the list of properties and companies we can buy to Madame Scarlet as part of our daily report."
    "Very good sir." Answered Gunz as he took the piece of paper with the named properties.

Susanowo looked at the window as the grunt left the room. He has to manage the Annual Employee Holiday and he had no clue on where it should take place.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    "My Lady" rang a voice from the speakers overhead "We are now positioned directly above Azalea Town and I have sent a dropship down to the Operations Base"

Scarlet held down the intercom button that was embedded in the thrones arm

"Very Good Captain" she spoke "Make it hasty, im getting impatient and this dress is a terrible nuisence"

"Certainly My Lady" came the Captains response and the conversation ended

Scarlet sat and thought to herself

"I must admit it's quite frustrating being only minutes away from the ruins and not joining in the fray myself, I havn't had any fun in quite sometime" she pondered "Perhaps its high time I did a round of the bases and businesses to check on how things are going, a little surprise to the Commanders perhaps, see who I can catch off guard" "Yes I think that will be my next plan of action..God if this grunt doesnt hurry up i'll give the job to someone else!" she finished frustratedly

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
    Espire
    Ecruteak City​

Espire sat down behind the crate, contemplating things. How could I get out of here? Espire looked up to see the Team Arcelago Airship flying in the sky. Hmm.., Espire pondered, this could be the way. Espire heard loud footsteps heading towards him. Espire darted down the alleyway and around the corner. Whew,close call, Espire thought. Unfortunately, two guards spotted him and ran towards Espire, loading their rifles. Espire quickly scaled the building before the guards turned the corner. When the guards turned the corner, they stopped and conversed among each other. Espire used this opportunity to leap to the next roof, and then the next one from there. Espire sighed and then relaxed on the roof, confident he lost the guards.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    "Yeah, and maybe you'll have developed leadership skills then..." Flo snarled at Gray. He assumed she didn't mean for her to hear him, but he shrugged it off. It wasn't like his other grunts didn't completely hate him, either. Gray watched as Flo walked off. He was a bit ashamed. Someone as talented as her, even a bit attractive (he thought), was gone just like that. Suddenly, there was a sharp pain in his stomach. He looked to his left to see Marren standing there, her fist lodged underneath his rib cage.

"What was that bull crap? Saying it's all clear down here, when it obviously wasn't!" Marren scolded as Gray stepped backward, rubbing his stomach to relieve the pain.

"Listen, I knew I couldn't handle with me and my grunts alone. It's a Pokemon that required both of us," Gray said. Marren gave him a deadly glare.

"You're a commander of Team Arcelago. And worse, you're the grunt who took my place. And you say you couldn't handle a simple wild Pokemon? You're a disgrace, and will always be a grunt in my eyes! And don't even get me started on your grunts!" Marren ranted. There was a gleam in Gray's eyes.

"Don't you talk about my unit like that. I have more authority than you do. You were a commander before, but not now. Before, you were assigned to be in control. Now, you're only a private, and the mission is over. Therefore, I have authority. I want you and your grunts to leave here," Gray commanded sternly. He was surprised at the confidence in his own voice. Marren rose an eyebrow, obviously not expecting Gray to talk back. There was a long silence as each unit's grunts anticipated what would happen next.

"You have my attention, now!" Marren said, smiling her demonic smile. "How about a little bet? We have a one-on-one battle, you versus me. If I win, you have to let me have my spot back as commander of the Azalea unit," Marren proposed. Gray stepped forward, seizing the opportunity.

"And if I win, you stop bothering me, and have to join my unit. However, you have to follow every one of my orders, below the leader's, of course," Gray said. They shook hands.

"Aron, let's go!" Gray shouted, sending out the small, iron dinosaur that was Aron.

"Sandslash, report!" Marren commanded coldy. In a flash of light stood the Sandslash, flashing its large claws and bristling the quills on its back.

"Sandslash, start with a Crush Claw!" Marren shouted. Instantly, Sandslash lunged at Aron with its huge claws, hitting Aron. Aron toppled over from the force of the attack, but stood up quickly, blowing dust out of its nose.

"Aron, Metal Claw!" Gray commanded. Aron lunged at Sandslash with a gleaming, white claw that surged with energy. However, Sandslash managed to jump out of the way, causing the Metal Claw to hit the ground and dissipate through the ground harmlessly.

"Now, Sandslash, use Dig!" Marren said with a cold smirk that was aimed at Gray. Gray clenched his teeth. It was going to be a close one...

"Aron, Iron Defense!" Gray commanded. Suddenly, Aron's body lit up a blinding white, before the light disappeared. Over Aron was a shiny new coat of metal, reflecting light from the flash lights in all directions. Suddenly, Sandslash erupted upward from the ground underneath Aron, sending the small dinosaur into the air. While airborne, Sandslash spun quickly, and struck Aron (who was also in midair) with a spinning Crush Claw, sending Aron flying into a boulder which exploded into rubble on contact. From the dusty cloud emerged a quickly-running Aron, ready for attack.

"What!? It survived a double-attack??" Marren exclaimed.

"Now, Aron, use Headbutt!" Gray laughed with a smirk. Aron crashed into Sandslash with its surprising weight, sending it into the wall nearby. Sandslash fell to the ground, exhausted but not giving in.

"Muh heh heh heh," Marren mumbled underneath her breath. Gray gave a puzzled look at Marren. "We haven't even begun to battle! Now, Sandslash, prepare for victory!"

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    So apparently, they closed off Ecruteak for some sort of crime investigation. It would not seem suspicious at first glance. However, it does seem rather suspicious, as there has not been any cases of these "crimes" for....I'd say....about 2 years. I could be mistaken, though. Hanako thought as she saw the news in the Pokemon Center's televisions. Besides, most of the criminals back then were, for the most part, complete idiots. Well, it's been quite a while since I've had some fun. Honestly, though, it'd be quite entertaining to see that this "criminal" is actually genuine. She stood up before leaving the building, and headed south to the Ruins of Alph. The road was rather......let's say......void of people, probably because of the the Ruins of Alph being closed off. Well, it made her objective easier to achieve, and that's probably what was important as of now. The down side would be the lack of training for her pokemon. However, they were young; it can't really be helped(except maybe for the Gible, hatched from an egg from a Garchomp she had left with that professor.....All of the pokemon brought with her were hatched from eggs from pokemon she had left with that professor...).

Years
    Two Arcelago grunts under Susanowo's command entered Vermillion Ramen for some late lunch. They took seats at the counter and the waitress walked to them to take the orders.

"Miso for me please." Said the first grunt.
    "And a Shio for me." Added the second and younger grunt.

The waitress took their order and returned to the visible kitchen. The senior grunt decided to start up a conversation with the younger grunt.

"Eating somewhere other then Burger Champion is good once in a while." The grunt stated. "I'll pay for them as an older grunt."
    "Thank you." stated the young grunt. "I heard Team Arcelago attempted to buy this place."
    "Aye." Replied the senior. "A friend of mine attempted a hostile takeover with other grunts after the owner refused to sell. He went home with an electrocuted nose instead. Rumours are that the owner is a strong pokemon trainer that once travelled the world."
    "Wow." gasped the young grunt. "I guess it's better to be customers than attackers."
    "Exactly." Concluded the older grunt. "He was generous enough to offer a loyalty program though. Free dumpling if the stamp card is filled up."

The grunt then pointed at the owner that was reading a newspaper. His junior was not able to look closely but the owner's features were hidden by the newspaper. While he was still pondering, the ramen just arrived.

Renege

C arry T he F lame
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    ((OOC: Sorry this is short but I really don't know where the Operation Base is at....))

[Azalea Town]

"Nice Town..." Flo muttered she was still confused on where this supposed Operation Base no one had told her where it was at. Flo decided that she would just explore the town until she found it or they found her. Stopping by the PokeCenter she sank down in her seat and watched people come in and out occasionally tripping one but innocently smile at them when they glared at her. One Trainer didn't take to it well and smirked at Flo as he set down his bag and pulled out a Ultra Ball.

"You don't wanna battle me, little girl"

"No, I don't bye now"

Flo got up and walked out of the resting place, "Why do I have such weak Pokemon?! Seriously, you think being the best grunt around I would have better ones! Where is my Nidoqueen, Nidoking, and Carracosta at!"

Flo just looked around the town where could a TA Operations Base be and she not know about it. She swore that she would chew off the person who came and got her. "How do you NOT tell your grunt where the Operation Base is! I swear I better be getting called for something good!" Flo watched people walked passed her like she wasn't even there which angered her more. Trainers running to the Gym to battle the leader which Flo had already accomplished. Well, that's what her stolen Azalea Gym Badge said anyway. Now where was that base....

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    (OOC I did mention in one of my previous posts that the base was south of the pokemon gym)

The dropship arrived at the Azalea Town Operations Base but there was not a grunt in site. Senior Officer Marzapan held down the intercom button that connected the dropship to the main ship

"Captain we have arrived and there are no grunts in site, awaiting further orders"

- Back on Main Base -

Scarlet sat still waiting for thr grunt to arrive when a voice appeared over the intercom

"My Lady" it was the Captain "Senior Officer Marzapan has landed and the grunt is nowhere to be seen"

Scarlet was becoming even more annoyed and would soon fly into a frenzy if something didnt happen

"Tell him to wait for 10 ten minutes upon which time he will return with or without the grunt" she spat "Lets her hope for her sake its with"

-In the dropship -

after a few minutes a voice appeared over the intercom

"Madame Scarlet has said to wait for approximately 10 minutes upon which time you will return to this ship with or without the grunt"

"Yes Captain" responded Marzapan and so he waited

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    [Ercuteak City]

Reed lost the mysterious man that jumped off the roof and sighed. "Wonder who that is? He doesn't look like someone I know..." The trainer stretched and happened to walk by one of the roads leading out of the city. It was cordoned off and some police personnel were guarding it. "What the-? Is there an alert on or something?!" He quickly jogged over to one of them, who glared down at the trainer.

"What's going on?" Reed asked, curious and a bit worried. The policeman eyed him suspiciously.

"You don't know yet? The city's been blockaded so we can investigate a couple of crimes. No one can get in or out for the moment. It'll be a while, so you should sit tight." He replied. Reed nodded, and then jogged back to the city proper.

"What's going... on? Maybe I should just hang out in the hospital..." The trainer muttered, and then turned to the right to go to Ecruteak hospital.

Years
    Amaterasu and other grunts started to unload the crate from the van. She found a cart to place it on so they won't waste their strength carrying it. The grunts then pushed the cart towards the ruins.

Just as they reached the campsite for the workers, they just saw Professer Oak with several important looking workers. Just as Amaterasu attempted to go past, the professor quickly waved his hand to stop her.

"Excuse me?" Asked Oak. "Can I have your name please?"
    The female grunt tried to remember the name on the worker's pass. "Hilling." She quickly answered. She just remembered the name in time.
    "Well Hilling..." Started the respected man. "Can you bring me a cup of coffee for me please?"
    It took Amaterasu a few seconds to respond. "Of... course sir." She said.

When she made her way outside of the worker's lounge, she decided to contact her brother for further instruction. When she looked at the nearby river, she noticed an unnatural purple tinge in it.

Renege

C arry T he F lame
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    (OOC: Sorry, my next one will definitely be longer!)

"I'll find this Operation Base!"

Flo rushed to the edge of the town near the Slowpoke Well that way she could observe the whole entire town without looking suspicious. South... The word popped into her head and she remember something about the Operation Base being south of something...the Gym! Flo began heading south of the Gym and hoped the Operation Base would come into view. She began to see it come into view and she went towards it, "Don't go! I'm here!" Flo didn't want anyone to notice how out of breathe she was and how she had random leaves in her hair. She casually plucked them from her hair and brushed the dirt off of her blouse. Again, she hoped no one would yell at her for not wearing that tacky TA Grunts uniform. She actually threw it away the day she received it because of how ugly it was. Sometimes Flo's action were extremely shallow and this happened to be one of them she didn't care.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
    Espire
    Ecruteak City​

Espire saw an open vent at the top of the roof. Deciding that that would do as a hiding spot, Espire climbed in, sat down and pulled out his Pokegear. Espire scrolled through his contacts until he saw Professor Oak's number. He dialed in the number and let the Pokegear ring. " Hello, this is Professor Oak, how may I help you" the voice answered. " Hello, this is Espire. I have a very valuable piece of Information and it would be a terrible waste to hand it over to the Johto authorities." Espire responded, with a mischevious tone. " Name your price," Oak questioned, warily. " Get me out of Ecruteak City. We can safely discuss the terms of our deal outside of the City," Espire answered. " Ok, where do we meet," Oak asked. " Inside the Burned Tower," Espire responded. " Ok then, meet you there,bye," Oak emitted. Espire hung up his Pokegear.

Years
    The phone in Susanowo's office started to ring. Susanowo calmly picked up the phone to respond.
    "Sergeant Amaterasu reporting." The phone reported. The voice clearly belonged to the commander's sister.
    "Commander Susanowo here." He replied. "Report."
    "We have successfully infiltrated the Ruins of Alph." The voice from the phone said.
    "First objective complete then." Susanowo added.
    "We will now look through the object found from the excavation before moving into the tunnel and demolish the ruins whether we find the Cryptex or not." The voice stated.
    "Anything else?" The commander asked.

Amaterasu looked around the excavation site as she carried Oak's coffee as she was still talking.

"I'm now delivering coffee to Proffessor Oak so my cover won't be blown." She mentioned. "After that I will head to the ruins where the excavated items will be ke-" She looked at where Oak sat. He was gone. She looked around to find him but she saw him escorted by armed guards.

"I will be heading to the ruins now." She reported. "Oak has left the ruins."
    "Report received." The voice answered. "Proceed with your mission."

Amaterasu then turned off the receiver and returned to the other grunts to carry the explosives.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
    Espire
    Ecruteak City​

Espire crawled out of the vent and jumped off the building. Espire looked around and saw the Burned Tower. Good, it is on this side of town, Espire thought. Espire darted over to the Tower, avoiding guards and main roads. He saw Oak walking towards the Ruins, with two bodyguards. $h!t, Espire thought, gotta get the guards off. Espire pulled out his Pokegear and dialed Oak's number. Oak picked up, " Hello, this is Professor Oak, how may I help you." " Ditch the guards," Espire replied, as he hung up. Oak motioned the guards to leave. Oak walked up the stairs and into the tower. Espire walked up the stairs and into the tower. " Hello, Espire," Oak blurted. " So, where is the Info I require." " Get me outside of Ecruteak first," Espire retorted. " How," Oak questioned Espire. " Get your bodyguards to say they are transporting me," Espire responded. " Once we are outside, follow me." Oak exited the Burned Tower and his guards walked in, grabbed Espire and departed from the Burned Tower.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    (OOC sorry this is short but its just to stay active and I cant really do much untill Renege responds)

The 10 minutes were up and Marzapan brought the dropship to life ready to head back up to main base but just as he was about to lift off a girl came running around a corner

"Dont go! Im here!" she called out

She was out of breath and not wearing the appropriate attire

"Well its about time" Marzapan sighed to himself "And shes not in Uniform" he observed "Well I do have the power to scold her for that but I think it would be much more..interesting to let Madame Scarlet sort that issue out" he sniggered

The girl clambered on board the airship

"You took your sweet time" Marzapan spoke "Im not sure Madame Scarlet will be impressed that your not wearing your uniform though, but she will sort that out when you arrive" he continued "Now when we reach Main Base you will disembark and report to Madame Scarlets PA, her name is Olga and she will escort you to the place where Madame Scarlet is awaiting, you will address Madame as My Lady untill she has given you authority to call her by Madame Scarlet" he finished "I think thats all you need to know, any questions?" he asked the girl

(OOC sorry about the tiny bit of bunnying where she gets on the ship but i thigured it allowed to to continue on and not have to wait for a short post from Renege that just says she got on the ship or something, please tell me if this is a problem)

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    (OOC: I can't stay inactive, so please bear with this post; I can't really think of much to write, so it will be a tad short.)

June 20th, 20**,

The search for the Cryptex seems to have come along with some criminal activity; that team Arcalego is quite..........let's say they don't pay much heed to the environment, as the water in the river seems to have been intoxicated- probably by a pokemon(that may have led to the sudden decrease of wild water-type pokemon, and the sudden increase of grimer and muk). It was quite a mystery to what their main objective was, but they seemed to have been targeting the Cryptex for quite some time, from my observations.

I noticed something quite strange that caught my eye, when I saw what seemed like.......some sort of character I've seen in some sort of game some people play come this way, however........I shouldn't let it bother me for now.

Upon arriving at the Ruins of Alph, Eevee had been more cautious in the area, where in most cases, she would be......more easygoing. Obviously something unusual was going on; even I could sense it. However, we were only at the entrance, so we could only investigate the matter if we were to enter. Such a task....would be a tad difficult. Guards. Guards everywhere. However, the task was easier than expected. Given how unaware some of them are, it wasn't hard to sneak past.

Years
    When the disguised grunts arrived at the ruins with the explosives in a crate, they quickly noticed a pair of guards at the entrance. Amaterasu realised that the guards will probably look inside the crate and she had to think fast before...

"Quick! Somebody call the ambulance!" Came a voice from behind.
    "The water is poisoned!" Screamed another man.

Knowing that one of them will have to help, a guard left the post to the direction of the commotion. There was still a guard left.

"Stop right there!" Shouted the guard as the grunts approached.
    The grunts looked at each other. Was the mission compromised?
    "I'm talking to you!" Barked the guard.
    The grunts really started to think that the cover was blown.
    "You stole my lunch!" He said angrily.

While the grunts were confused, a Plusle suddenly popped out of the bush with a combusken drumstick. The guard started to chase the Pokemon to get his lunch back, leaving the entrance unattended.

Amaterasu looked at the other grunts in confusion. "What happened?" She asked the grunts because of the randomness that took place. "And I think he was listening to Hoenn Sound."

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
    Espire
    Ecruteak City​

The guards received many odd looks as they carried Espire through the streets. But no one asked any questions. Not even the policeman at the City border. The guards brought Espire outside of the City, where they met Professor Oak.
    " Now what did you want to tell me," Oak questioned. Espire stayed silent. Oak picked up his Pokegear and dialed a number.
    " Hello, Ecruteak Police Department, this is Professor Oak, I have Espire in captivity, meet me at Route 38, just west of Ecruteak City. Oh, and bring a Prisoner Transport Truck," Oak ordered. Oak walked over to Espire and punched him in the face.
    " Punch harder, you feeble old man," Espire taunted. Oak motioned for his guards to drop Espire and Espire fell to the ground. Oak lifted his foot up and stomped it on Espire's head.
    " Does it hurt yet," Oak retorted.
    " No, because you are a F***in' little B****," Espire responded. Espire heard the engine of the Transport Truck.
    " Load him in," Oak ordered the guards. The guards picked Espire up and threw him in the Truck. Espire released his Pokemon from their Pokeballs and yelled,
    " Ristor!" The Pokemon disappeared from the scene. The Police Officer closed the back door and started driving towards Olivine. Espire knew where he was going now. The Cinnabar Island Prison For The Enemies of Society.

Back