• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

The Dúlra Region [UR]

They say that Mt. Dia has been around since the beginning of Dúlra's existence and that it's birth represents the creation of Entei in the region, as following with the known myth that a new Entei is born with the awakening of a volcano in the World.

However, only a few years back a scientific investigation team was granted the ability to study the previously unexplored active volcanic core of Mt. Dia by the now succeeded former Champion of the region. Expecting to find nothing but simple examples of fire type life and a barrage of molten rock, the results of the endeavor could have been no worse than what they were and some say that screams could be heard from the mountain that day. In one of the most well known tragedies to occur in Dúlra over the course of recent years, only one man of a research group consisting of ten members and seventeen pokémon returned from the volcano that day. He brought with him his research and the results of such were quite grim.

The man claimed, that for the first few days of the expedition near the surface and outer core areas of the volcano, things had gone swimmingly without a hitch. Interestingly enough, they had found tracks belonging to an unknown pokémon, unlisted in the Dúlran pokédex at the time. Perhaps even more interestingly, it was revealed that Mt. Dia had (very unusually for such a large volcanic structure) been formed without an eruption, starting it's life cycle in a dormant state as if it had been made the way it was by a specific design. To gain further information the group final broke through to and began to study the inner core of the volcanic mountain.

That was when "it" attacked. The man raved and lamented over it... some terrifying monstrosity of molten fire and steel, it easily defeated all of the pokémon and people who stood against it and showed no remorse as they fell into the molten rock it so easily strode through. The young man whom had survived was lucky to have escaped with his life.

Upon greater study and speculation from a distance it came to people's understanding that following Mt. Dia's eruption some 20 years beforehand, the once dormant Mt. Dia had become far more powerful and active. The molten core now being in it's raging state had drawn the attention of a very powerful pokémon whom may have been sleeping beneath the Earth for eons before choosing Mt. Dia's core as it's domain.

This pokémon was Heatran... and to this day travelers and residents alike are all but forbidden from setting foot into the core of Mt. Dia, for fear that the wrath of the fiercely territorial pokémon might cause a severe loss of life once more.

Jay

Years

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]

"And he had fallen before him for the first time in years...

Was this what their ideals were to cost them all? Was this truly the sacrifice that peace required? In the end was there nothing he could have done to avert what was said to be prophecy when this other had been so intent on it being fulfilled? Why had their God created them with this purpose? Why did their home have to exist if it required such a price to even continue.

So gentle it was, yet he realized now that this gentle nature was not born from freedom and peace alone. But from death. Were they really blessed at all? Or was it more of a curse that hung over their heads?

Then perhaps he had no choice.

Perhaps it was time that he put an end to what they started.

And so he left his brother in a pool of blood, plunging his sword into the ground beside him."

"He had understood far too late what true balance entailed.

Came to see far too late, the cost it would demand.

...a place not intended for creation."

Jay

Years

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

A good day to you all! My name Tiomáint Mhian, or for those not so familiar with the ancient Dúlran tongue, you may simply call me Theo. While not part of the pokémon league, I am the head general of the Dúlran military operation and second tactician to the Dúlran champion himself.

I have recently been authorized to inform all of you here, that Dúlra plans to refine the skills of its allies and itself by opening the training grounds of our North Eastern island to public relations. That technical jargon's all a bunch of nonsense to me though...

To tell you the truth, what this means is that you lot are going to be able to train alongside the Dúlran army and myself in real time war scenarios... battles on the field of war are a little bit different than your organized nonsense in the league. So I hope you're up to scratch on- Wait a second what am I saying! Look at you lot, you're green as grass! A few stronger folk from the other regions maybe... but these Dúlran troops are fresh off the boat by the looks of things!

Then let's take it one step at a time. I'll give you a few lessons in the art of war... set up a few practice games amidst the troops under my regiment. Watch and learn folks... you might need these lessons someday!

Oh and before I forget! Welcome to Dueala! May our battles bring prosperity and balance to the World!

Last edited:

Jay

Years

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Haha! So at least some of you managed to hold it together long enough to stick around eh? Great! Lucky you found me when you did, the mock battle I've et up is just about to start. So you can look in and I'll explain the basic one two's of war. C'mon rookie! Don't get left behind!

Now then... troops! Are you ready to go?! Red team?!

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]

SIR, YES SIR!

Excellent! Blue team?! Are you and your pokémon prepared to fight?!

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]

READY AND WILLING, SIR!

Good! Then take your positions! Let's show these rooks how it's done!

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    Look alive rookie! You're on the field of battle now, maybe this is all for show but at the end of the day you've always gotta be ready to fight. Especially in the field!

Let's take a quick look your map... where is it? Don't worry we installed it on your pokédex before you got here. We call it the "Tactical Map" or TM (no pun intended) for short. Dúlrans aren't big fans of technology, but even we can accept something like this if it helps on the field of battle! The map lays a grid over the are and instantly transmits the collected data back to your dex. It's proven to be a invaluable tool.

As a soldier, the area around you is just as important as the fight at hand. So let's focus on your map and I'll explain what's what.

Blue Squares: These are spaces occupied by the "blue teams" pokémon.

Red Squares: These are spaces occupied by the "red teams" pokémon.

Empty Squares: There ain'tnothing on thesquares but the ground.

Barrier Squares: These are spaces that have impassable terrain. We've set up some fences as an example.

Obstacle Squares: These are spaces that contain obstacles that can be removed by certain pokémons moves.

Rough Terrain Squares: These are spaces that are empty, but the type of terrain underfoot has some sort of special effect... such as only allowing certain types of pokémon to cross over it, or impairing movement slightly. We've used some long grass as an example.

Simple enough right? Now then let's get to the point shall we? The goal of any war time battle is to beat the opposing armies pokémon using your own... but in war it's not as simple as a few pokémon battles. Nobodies going to stand around and care about official rules while you sit on your ass asking for a referee. First things first, you've got to get your pokémon within attacking range of the enemy!

So, let's talk about tactical movement.

Every "turn" of battle, pokémon have two basic options. "Move" or "Act". Moving allows a pokémon to move to a different square on the map, while preforming an action could be one of any number of things from attacking to using an item. Some action can be done AFTER moving but preforming an action will always mean the end of your turn. Pokémon aren't machines, they can't just keep going and going.

So you're probably asking. "How many spaces can I move in a turn?" My response? "How fast is your pokémon?"

The base speed stat will decide how many spaces you can move in battle. Remember, pokémon cannot move diagonally, only horizontally or vertically, don't ask me why, never understood it myself. Here are the statistics relating to base speed:

Under 50 Base Speed: A measly 2 spaces per turn.
    50 to 100 Base Speed: A basic 3 spaces per turn.
    100 to 150 Base Speed: An impressive 4 spaces per turn.
    Over 150 Base Speed: An astounding 5 squares per turn.

Remember, a pokémon doesn't have to move it's full amount of spaces. It can choose to move a lower amount of spaces if it wants to, it just can't choose to go higher than it's limit per turn.

This base value can also be affected by a number of factors, such as paralysis or the terrain. The long grass present on the field for example, is thick and tough to traverse, so every space you spend walking across it counts for two.

Teams naturally take turns in war situations so that tacticians can react accordingly, so for the sake of training we'll red team take their actions first.

Let's see how they choose to move:

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    Hmm... looks good to me! Tell you what, to test what you've learned so far why don't you try to figure exactly what choices the red team made and how they panned out? Take a guess and once you feel like you've gotten it go ahead and ask me for the correct answer. It's not too hard so I'm sure even a rookie can get it!

Spoiler:

Haha, were you right? Let's hope so! I think that just about covers it for moving around the field and getting to know the map. Now it's time for lesson 2 of 3 rookies! The nitty gritty:

Actions and Battling!

Last edited:

Jay

Years

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Alright rookie, it's time for lesson two. The real meat of any practice match or actual battle... the fighting and action!

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    Now remember last time I told you a pokémon has two basic choices at the beginning of a turn? Well it's time we discussed the alternative to movement, an action.

An action can be one of three things:

A Trainer Action
    An Item Usage
    A Pokémon Move

In this lesson we'll be focusing entirely on the latter, with the former two being covered in the final lesson of your little "tutorial".

Now any schmuck with a badge can tell you what a pokémon move is. It's an attack or support technique that a pokémon can preform in to attack an opponent or boost the strength of themselves and their allies. Pokémon generally know four moves maximum, but due to the tactical pressure of a war time situation, we limit our tactics to two moves and no more. Trying to accommodate or any more would wear out an armies trainers and pokémon far too quickly.

How about we check out what the red team's moves are?

Spoiler:

As you probably saw, not all of these moves dealt damage... in war, a pokémon's move is generally used for one of three things:

Clearing an environmental hazard or obstacle from the map.
    Attacking or supporting another pokémon or oneself.
    Enhancing movement across a map's terrain.

Let's go through these one at a time.

See that small tree on the map? That's what we call an "obstacle". Now obstacles, like the ones in our day to day life, are far from insurmountable. There are many unique obstacles and there are many unique ways to take them out of the picture. How do you remove specific obstacles? Trial and error my friend! What do you think this is? A video game?! HAHAHA! Nothing is definite so try different things!

Take this small tree for example... the best approach is the logical one. Why not have Treeko cut it down? Or maybe you could try and have Charmander burn it to ash? There are many different ways of dealing with things... sometimes an object might take more than one type of move to be destroyed. You've just got to take the risk with a bit of trial and error sometimes.

Let's see it in action shall we? We'll have the red team clear the trees blocking its path using Treeko and Charmander!

Charmander used Ember! It burned down the small tree to his diagonal-right!
    Treeko used Scratch! It cut down the small tree to his diagonal attack!

When a pokémon uses an action, it's turn is over, end of story. So Treeko and Charmander are out of commission until the red teams next turn. But what about Plusle? She's stuck in the tall grass and will have to use up two of her movable spaces to get out. Or will she? By using Plusle's charge move she can move one more space this turn! The effects of moves like these ignore rough terrain completely and should allow Plusle to get out this turn!

Plusle used Charge! It mustered the energy to move one more space East!

Hmm... with all three pokémons moves completed, the Red teams turn is over. Let's take another look at the map.

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    As expected... everything seems to have gone exactly according to plan. Next up, the blue team get their turn to move... so let's skip forward a few turns to one of the red team's future turns, so that we can get down to the final part of this lesson.

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    It was a tough fight, but it looks like we're finally down to our last two pokémon, with team red being the next team to attack. In case you weren't paying attention, Let me go over the mechanics of battle for you.

Most if not all attacking moves have a damage output and a range. The range can be loose or specific depending on the move, for example, Ember can hit any target within two squares... whereas electro ball can ONLY hit targets two squares away. All moves have set damage, however this damage can be improved or hindered using stat changing moves and other methods.

As you probably know, every pokémon has a certain amount of HP. When this HP reaches zero, the pokémon faints... however there are many HP recovering moves and items to help prevent this.

Moves are also effected by STAB (Same type attack bonus.) with all moves doing additional damage if used by a pokémon that is the same type as said move... as opposed to a pokémon who isn't.

Finally, a move's damage is of course altered in accordance with the effectiveness of said moves against an opponent.
    A super effective move will do 1.5X the damage it normally would.
    A not very effective move on the other hand, will only do .5X the damage.

It's a simple enough system to understand, as it is with an official league battle. There are many differences, but admittedly there are also many things that stay the same.

On that note, it's about time red team made its move.

RED TEAM MOVES

Treeko moves East 1 Space, Down 1 Space.

RED TEAM ACTS

Treeko uses scratch on Froakie... it's a critical hit! Froakie takes 12 damage. Froakie fainted!

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    Whoa! Did you see that?! That was a critical hit! A critical hit doubles a moves power... and while the chance of it happening can be altered in certain ways, it's usually a one in twenty occurrence with every attack your pokémon makes!

Regardless of that, it seems the practice battle has ended. With only Treeko left on the field it seems to be a...

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]

RED TEAM VICTORY

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Well rookies, that's the end of the second lesson. Hopefully if you find yourself on a war field you won't be totally lost at this point. You've got one final lesson ahead of you, so you'd best get ready for it. After that? There won't be nothin' I can teach you that experience can't show you better.

It's almost a little sad, I mightn't even be able to call you rookies anymore after...

Advanced Actions and How to Play!

Last edited:

Jay

Years

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

No wasting time this time folks, today we jump straight into the action for your final lesson. We'll be discussing support moves, the other available actions and how to actually participate in practice matches... after that? Well you'll have to learn the rest through experience!

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    Let's talk support moves.

First things first, you'll notice a fairly familiar bar beneath each pokémon above. This is the health bar and it gives a rough indication of how much HP every pokémon on the field has left. Judging by this you can probably see why the blue team is in a pretty bad position, thankfully Togepi has a support move that can help out.

"Wish: All surrounding friendly units regain plus 5 HP. Does not work if Togepi has moved this turn."

So... so long as Togepi hasn't moved in the same turn, it can use the wish move to return HP to all of its allies in a flash. It's only five HP, but for such low level pokémon and for multiple pokémon at once? This move is still more than useful.

The Dúlra Region [UR]

See what I mean? There are many support moves of various types that do various different things. Explaining them all here would take a very long time, so it's best to find and experience them for yourself.

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    Trainer actions are single use abilities that can be used by trainers on the field of combat. They're usually very powerful and are often considered a last resort or finishing move depending on the trainer using it. Every individual trainer has a unique move and only the champion is able to figure them out and reveal them to you. As an example, let's take our Steel type gym leader Seth's Trainer Action ability, courtesy of the champion himself.

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Trainer Ability: OBJECTION!: Prevents all pokémon in a three block area around the user from using moves upon the next turn.

As you can see? A super useful ability in combat. As most Trainer Abilities are. I'm sure the Champion will be more than happy to reveal yours to you during your first practice match.

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The final type of action we have yet to discuss is the use of items. A small supply of items are given to your team at the beginning of the match, any trainer can use them on their pokémon, but it's important to remember that supplies are limited. It's best to discuss whom uses what item with your team beforehand, whether or not you use items often or sparingly is up to you and your team's discretion in battle.

A list of common items is written here, sometimes you might get something unique to a specific area or battle... in which case it will most likely be explained to you before the match.

Oran Berry: Restores 25% HP to the pokémon it is used on.

Sitrus Berry: Restores 50% HP to the pokémon it is used on.

Pecha Berry: Cures Poison and toxic.

Cheri Berry: Cures Paralysis.

Rawst Berry: Cures Burns.

Chesto Berry: Cures sleep

Lum Berry: Cures all status conditions.

Power Root: Increases the damage of the next neutral effectiveness move to 1.5%.

Shielded Root: Protects the user from all damage for the enemies next turn.

Revival Herb: If used in the same space where a pokémon fainted, brings them back into play with half HP.

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    Status conditions are just as annoying on the field of war as they are anywhere else. Dealing with them can be a big problem if you don't have the correct items or moves. Watch out for these conditions and remember their effects.

Poison: Deals 5% damage to the afflicted pokémon at the end of each turn. Fades away when the pokémon is at 5% or lower HP.

Toxic: Deals 2 damage, increasing in increments of two at the end of each turn. (2, 4, 6, 8, etc.) Doesn't stop until the afflicted pokémon is cured or fainted.

Paralysis: Cuts the amount of spaces a pokémon moves in half rounding to the lower number in odd numbered cases. Lasts until cured.

Sleep: The pokémon cannot move for three turns... but also takes half damage from all attacks until awoken.

Burn: The pokémon takes 5% damage at the end of every turn. All physical attack damage is cut in half for the duration of the burn. A burn will fade naturally when a pokémon reaches or drops below 10% HP.

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    Now... the champion has given me instructions for how a specific group of people can join the practice session. He calls them "WOPC members"? I don't particularly understand this, but I'll read his request anyway.

"All WOPC members whom wish to play are welcome to join the games, regardless of their affiliations or relations to Dúlra. They will be described in game as a "visitor from XXX region" in game and will not be restricted in any way.

In order to start a game, three people are needed. A GM, usually the Dúlran champion Deceptio, and a player for the other side. Teams must have balanced numbers if possible, the maximum amount of players is 16, with 8 on each side. Any amount and division lower than this is accepted. The minimum amount of players is 6, with 3 on each side. If the teams are uneven due to odd numbers, or if less than six players are playing the game then an NPC trainer may be enlisted and controlled by the other players on said NPC's team.

Two temporary Skype groups must be created. One for the blue team and one for the red team. The GM is to be present in both teams.

When it comes to their turn, a team will discuss the movements and actions they wish to make... they will then relay this information to the GM whom will update a man present on this thread for every game. Afterwards, the GM will do the same for the other team. Both teams will continue with this practice until the game ends. Depending on the size of the game, the length may greatly vary, as such if both teams are in agreement then the game may be paused and resumed at a later date.

If a specific player has to leave mid-game, then their pokémon may and will be controlled as an NPC until they return or until the end of the game. If the GM must leave then the game is automatically paused.

A turn can always be made by a team, if it is their turn and if more than fifty percent of the team is present. Doing so is the choice of the team members and whatever transactions come as a result lay on their heads.

With these rules in mind the pace of the game is defined by the players, some games may last an hour or less, some may last weeks. It is up to the players and should they desire to, players may be in multiple games at once.

I do hope you enjoy your tactical battles in Dúlran and I look forward to seeing some excellent results.

Jay, Champion of the Dúlra region.~"

Ahem... yes, well, whatever that means. I'm sure you know better than I.

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    And with that my fine rookies, your basic training is complete. There is nothing more I can teach you now and all that's left are the trials of combat. You are free to host practice matches whenever you please and I ask you kindly to not forget good 'ol Theo, your mentor and your friend.

I'll be watching you out there! Show me what you're made of!

Now go! May your battles bring prosperity and balance to the World!

Last edited:
    Years
    I've not looked quite as deeply into the rules as I should have perhaps, but I'm interested. You don't have an ambassador for Oceia around for nothing. xD

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jay

Jay

Years

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Practice Match 1 - Red Team Vs. Blue team

TEAM RED:
    The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]

TEAM BLUE:
    The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]

TEAM RED's POKÉMON:
    Bisharp:
    HP: 24/30
    Metal Claw - Deals 12 Damage to an adjacent opponent.
    Embargo - Prevents the opponents team from using items for one turn. Cannot be used twice in a row.

Frogadier:
    HP: 13/30
    Water Gun - Deals 8 damage to any target from up to two squares away.
    Leer - Causes an adjacent pokémon to take double damage next turn.

Grovyle:
    HP: 0/20
    Leaf Blade - Deals 5 damage to all opponent in a three space arc in front of it.
    Absorb - Deals 4 damage to an adjacent pokémon, heals 4 damage of Grovyles HP

TEAM BLUE's POKÉMON:
    Lilligant:
    HP: 18/30
    Petal Dance - Deals 5 damage to every pokémon standing around Lilligant.
    Poison Powder - Has a 50% chance of poisoning one adjacent target. Doesn't effect steel types.

Riolu:
    HP: 0/20
    Force Palm: Does 5 damage to an adjacent opponent. Has a 20% chance to cause paralysis.
    Counter: If this pokémon is attacked during the opponents next turn, half of the attacks damage is returned to the attacker.

Charmeleon:
    HP: 19/25
    Ember: Does 6 damage to an opponent from up to two spaces away.
    Growl: Halves the damage done by an adjacent opponent next turn.

The Dúlra Region [UR]

ONGOING​

Bisharp Used Metal Claw! It tore the small tree to shreds!

---​

Charmeleon Used Ember! It burned the small tree to a crisp!

---​

Lilligant Used Petal Dance!
    It's not very effective... Bisharp took 2 damage!
    It's super effective!... Frogadier took 8 damage!

Charmeleon Used Ember! It's super effective!... Grovyle took 9 damage!

Riolu Used Force Palm! It splintered the small tree into fragments!

---​

Grovyle Used Absorb! It dealt 4 damage to Riolu! Grovyle absorbed HP!

Frogadier Used Water Gun! It's super effective!... Charmeleon took 12 damage.

Bisharp Used Embargo! Blue team cannot use items this turn!

---​

Riolu Used Force Palm! It dealt 5 damage to Grovyle!

Charmeleon Used Ember! It's super effective!... Grovyle took 9 Damage! Grovyle Fainted!

Lilligant Used Poison Powder! But it missed!

---​

Frogadier Used Water Gun! Riolu took 8 damage!

Bisharp Used Metal Claw! Riolu took 12 damage! Riolu fainted!

---​

Lilligant Used Petal Dance! Whoa! It's a critical hit!
    It's not very effective... Bisharp took 4 damage!
    It's super effective!... Frogadier took 16 damage!

Nagi used an oran berry on Charmeleon! It regained 6 HP!

---​

Seth used an oran berry on Frogadier! It regained 7 HP!

Bisharp Used Metal Claw! Lilligant took 12 damage!

Last edited:

Etherion

An Alliance is Born!

It was a sunny day in the oceans. It was something he loved, something he respected because Theseus is simply full of them. He understood its beauty and its dangers. He found true fascination by the way the waves softly crashed against the rocky beach, their curling fingers brushing each stone with a gentle caress as the wind ushered them gently towards the shore. The way the sun shone off the rippling water, its golden light warped in the twisted, glass waves. No description can truly capture its mysterious majesty, yet only a few words can express its beauty. He was Seven Abernathy, the Theseus Region's ambassador.

His Gyarados moved swiftly across the waters, his eyes set on the destination - the Dulra Region. A few minutes later, he had arrived at Calafort, he smiled as his mission was done. Another ally to the ever growing Theseus Region.​

Seven Abernathy has arrived!
    Theseus Ambassador
    Crobat, Pyroar, Ampharos, Dragalage
    Skrelp (partner)
    This counts as my sign up :3

Jay

Years

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

They had told him it was erupting... but the cause was not something he could have ever expected.

The Champion of Dúlra traveled to Mt. Dia. His general had informed him that while training the Dúlran armies new recruits, he had watched as a great tragedy took place. Screams echoed from the mountain and smoke rose from the volcanic Dia for the first time in years. It had once more become active... and now it was threatening to erupt.

Theo, the general in question, had informed the Champion of his assumption that the screams that now rang louder and louder were simply the panic of the people. Those whom had gone to check on the massive rock structure now lamented and panicked in response to the impending threat. The stress was too much for the common Dúlran folk, first pokémon start to act up... the usually docile Dúlran wilderness had suddenly become a more dangerous place. A strange condition had been affecting a small portion of the wild pokémon, but not so much to be noticeable. Indeed, Dúlra hadn't had it as bad as some other locales. Perhaps it was due to their purity? The strength of the legendary pokémon protecting the region?... Surely not, an instance of Giratina itself intervening directly? Such wild ideas were usually idle fancy but now it seemed that as the result of a pandemic... Dúlras mostly unaffected state was a blessing to be thankful for.

Yet still people panicked, still they worried, both for themselves and for friends and family living in the allied nations that Dúlra had grown to call "friend". The stress was building on the populace, and this volcanic anomaly was no exception. The Champion had thus made the decision to visit his people, visit the mountain and try to quell their worry long enough to figure out just what was going on.

However, what he came to find was something much more dire and terrifying than even he could have prepared himself for.

As he approached the mountain he found the charred remains. Humans and pokémon both burned to a crisp by a flame that was surely powerful enough to match the volcanoes wrath. Had Heatran finally decided to leave it's home? No... this fire was something else. It would have taken far more heat than even Heatran could muster to burn everything so finely and so quickly.

He had to hurry. Urging the Beedrill by his side to move faster,

He arrived at the foot of the mountain to find a massacre. The shadows of those whom had tried to escape were burned into the ground. There was no doubting it, only one creature could muster up fire so powerful to rival a supernova, only one living being in Dúlra was capable of that.

"Entei."

The beast stood before him and let out an anguished roar in response. The volcano standing behind the beast trembled in anticipation with every ounce of sound, as if waiting for the right octave... the right frequency of pain and rage to be uttered before the entire thing allowed itself to erupt.

This was not the Entei he knew, the fire from it's body was overwhelming it, as if boosted by an outside force... something even stronger than Entei? It flowed around the legendary beast and almost seemed to burn it's own body to ash. The mystical fire Entei had once controlled was no longer his own... this dark beast had a different master and the Champion could see it dwelling there. An overwhelming mental presence exuded from Entei. The source?

Those glowing red eyes.

There was something else... an entity was placing it's influence over other pokémon, controlling them, loosing their inhibitions and driving them to hurt others with a dominance of pain. The reason... the reason Dúlra had as of yet been nigh unaffected. Had this been Entei's doing? The beast let out another ferocious roar and growled lowly at the Champion, but it did not attack. It was warning him, it was telling him to run. Telling him that this new power was too much, that he couldn't keep it under control.

It was clear to the Champion in that instant. Entei had somehow been drawing all of this influence into itself... this petrifying darkness that took away the will to believe in oneself. Dúlra had had so few unaffected pokémon because every time this strange psychic influence struck, Entei had somehow managed to draw the majority of it into himself. He had slowly been sacrificing his mind to protect Dúlra, to protect the balance of that place... but even this Legendary pokémon had limits. After all this time and enough influence to enslave half a region... Entei's iron will had fallen. His body was no longer his own.

And despite this, he was still trying to warn the Champion away.

Another roar. The Volcano grew ever closer to overflowing entirely, blanketing Dúlra in a final fiery end. The Champion felt his heart lurch... the people now ash, the pokémon burned to nothing, the proud legendary whom had tested him so long ago... reduced to this, a killer, by some power so concentrated and bitter that he could now almost taste it. It threatened his home, it threatened his balance.

He would not run away.

Entei could hold back no longer, it's eyes welled with tears as it pulled back, blue and crimson flames both spewed from the pokémons mouth. It blanketed the area completely... the piercing hot fire engulfed the Champion and his surroundings obscuring him from view.

When the smoke cleared, a single sphere of purple energy had somehow clocked the attack... and in that instance it cracked and exploded in turn. Emerging from the shards was what appeared to be a massive hornet, it stood alongside the Champion, whom had been safely protected by his friends Mega-Evolution. Dangling from his right hand was a locket, upon one side was a picture of a loved one now passed... and on the other was a glowing purple stone. The gem required for Mega-Evolution.

"Entei... thank you. By taking this plague upon yourself, you have protected us all from so much."​

His eyes flared in anger and he threw his arm outwards, Beedrill pointed it's needles in anticipation of the great battle that was soon to commence.

"And you... worthless cur whom would possess my friend. Plague my home! You have failed! Your essence pools into the beast before me... I can sense it in him! Your anguish, your pain...

I know not your name nor circumstance. I care not for it.

No pain you have can justify what your choices! Monster... you will harm the balance no longer!"​

With those words said, he ran forward, Beedrill flying ahead, it's razor sharp needles at the ready, knew exactly what move was required without it's trainer saying a word. Thus was the bond forged between partners in Dúlra.

The two allies fought the corrupted legendary, their aim to free their home from this new darkness once and for all. Little did they know that with this movement, their troubles had only just begun.

Last edited:

Jay

Years

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Champion fell to one knee, Beedrill fluttered tiredly beside him, still in its Mega form. He had managed to weaken Entei severely, dodging it's powerful flames left and right and striking with Beedrill time after time. Entei's own body was worn and tired, yet still he was forced to stand. The once majestic creature had tears in its eyes as it roared once more, it's leg shaking and ready to collapse if not for the strange psychic presence holding him up and forcing to do such unthinkable things.

The Champion had his resolve, but he could barely stand after such an incredible fight... had he had his other pokémon with him then perhaps things would have gone better.

Rustling was heard from the trees and more pokémon with red eyes leaped forward. All of them shared the same pained expression that Entei had. This strange presence was actively channeling itself through Entei. If Entei were to be defeated then Dúlra would surely be freed... it seemed as if the psychic presence knew this... and was summoning reinforcements as a result.

Unsheathing his ceremonial blade, the champion clutched his Mega Locket tightly and drove the blade into the ground, he pulled himself upwards. He couldn't give up not now... but alone what was he to do? He turned to his Beedrill, about to instruct the pokémon to fly, fly as fast as he could to get help... When Entei opened it's mouth and unleashed sacred fire once more.

This was the end.

The blaze was... stopped. How?

Standing before the Champion was a powerful pokémon, yet familiar. A large Garchomp with a scar running across his left eye.

"Sir!"

He knew that voice. He turned to see his head General, Tíomaint, Theo for short, standing there at the ready. A platoon of troops standing behind him. Entei and the other controlled pokémon stood with a piercing glare, all more than ready to strike... though not at their own volition.

Without another necessary word of exchange, the General helped the Champion to stand... and he roared, as if in response to all of those that Entei had previously released.

"FOR DÚLRA!"

The battle had begun anew, the victor would now be decided. The psychic presence, or the warriors of balance.

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

MISSION OBJECTIVE:

- Defeat Shadow Entei!

FAILURE CONDITIONS:

- Theo or The Champion are Defeated!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    Alright Rookies... this is it, no more training, no more games. It's now or never, we're fighting a powerful foe... but remember you've got me and the Champion by your side. If we work together we can do this! We can free Entei and save the region! Return to our families as heroes! Though I won't lie... there's also a strong chance we never see them again. This isn't Entei as he normally is... this is... something else. Something stronger.

I won't blame you if you turn away from this... if you leave this battle and go back home. Nobody is going to mock you for not throwing yourself and your pokémon into this. But this is my home... and whether you're an ally of Dúlra or a native, then you have every right to call this place home too.

I need at least three volunteers to stand with us today... if you wish to stand alongside us, then step forward and state your

Name:​
    Pokémon Partner:​

It seems that Entei and the other pokémon are fighting it, holding back until we've regrouped... but it won't last forever. Soldiers! To arms! May our battle bring glory and balance to the World!

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Story Mode 1: Team Shadow Vs. Team Dúlra

Current Players:

- Lost Heart - Greninja

- Seth Rollins - Aegislash

The Dúlra Region [UR]

PREP PHASE

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Evienne will step up to help combat the threat!
    Name: Evienne (the Dark-type Gym Leader)
    Pokémon Partner: Greninja

For Dúlra!

Years
    I love fantasy / fan created things, and the Dulra region is one of the greats in my books
    Name: Terrence
    Trainer Class: Cool Trainer
    Pokemon: Galvantula, Gyarados, Aegislash, Pidgeot, Magcargo
    Partner Pokemon: Honedge
    Additional Information: Terrence is a well known Actor in the Dulra region, his Pokemon all hold a special aspect of coolness, therefore he is usually casted in action movies, or movies with Tom Cruise. He sponsors all kinds of events in his home town, Cogadh City. Especially sporting events, and theatrical ones. He dedicates all his performances to his family. His parents, who own a bakery in Cogadh, and his brother who is a successful Pokeathlete, and his grandparents who always work hard on the farm in Fierme Prarie. He spends his free time training his Pokemon in Mt. Dia, and growing his bond with them, taking on any challenge, whether it be a battle or a role in a movie. He is very fond of the electric typing. He's learned how to work with them, especially since he sees them everywhere on set! If he were a gym leader, the electric typing would be the one to choose. One day, he hopes of befriending the legendary beast Raikou, and witness the power of the majestc lightning beast!

Last edited:

Jay

Years
    I love fantasy / fan created things, and the Dulra region is one of the greats in my books
    Name: Terrence
    Trainer Class: Cool Trainer
    Pokemon: Galvantula, Gyarados, Aegislash, Pidgeot, Magcargo
    Partner Pokemon: Honedge
    Additional Information: Terrence is a well known Actor in the Dulra region, his Pokemon all hold a special aspect of coolness, therefore he is usually casted in action movies, or movies with Tom Cruise. He sponsors all kinds of events in his home town, Cogadh City. Especially sporting events, and theatrical ones. He dedicates all his performances to his family. His parents, who own a bakery in Cogadh, and his brother who is a successful Pokeathlete, and his grandparents who always work hard on the farm in Fierme Prarie. He spends his free time training his Pokemon in Mt. Dia, and growing his bond with them, taking on any challenge, whether it be a battle or a role in a movie. He is very fond of the electric typing. He's learned how to work with them, especially since he sees them everywhere on set! If he were a gym leader, the electric typing would be the one to choose. One day, he hopes of befriending the legendary beast Raikou, and witness the power of the majestc lightning beast!

My sincerest apologies for the long delay. I'm usually more on point with stuff like this.

You are very welcome to the Dúlra region.~

Jay

Years

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Calafort city is the most Southern town of the region and serves as the prime economic district of Dúlra. Due to the high influx of export and import operations, Calafort is one of the few areas in Dúlra reminiscent of other regions. Cobblestone streets uncommon in the area, line the port walkways and many buildings line the roads. Most embassies unless placed for other more specific reasons, are asked to be located in the port city to avoid external influence to the more sacred inland areas and temples.

In terms of aesthetic appeal the buildings are crafted from refined sandstone and marble harvested from the central desert, or thick basalt taken from the ground around Mt. Dia. Generally because of this, buildings to the West of the city take on a brighter and light appearance, while buildings to the East appear more dark and refined. Amusingly, those flying above the city will note it seems to resemble a misshapen game of chest from a top down perspective, though this has no influence on the people present in the city, nor their culture and friendship. It is simply a fun coincidence that nicely ties in with Dúlra's chief notion of balance.

The ports in Dúlra are rarely ever busy, but this is the one location you are apt to find boats and vehicles as advanced as those in other regions, often bringing imports to the city as Dúlra prefer to move its goods by fleets of flying Pokémon.

The Dúlra region does have it's own Navy, though this is comprised of sail ships rather than motor boats. They're the best and most water tight sail boats you'll find in the entire World of Pokécommunity... but they're still sail boats all the same.

The embassy for the Oceia region is currently located here and is inhabited by the ambassador Angus Gestr.

Calafort Cities gym leader is a young man named Seth, also leading a life as the head prosecutor of Calafort cities newest installment, a court house and law firm, he uses the steel type in battle.

Last edited:

Jay

Years

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Known as the City of Blossoming Gratitude, Rinne city is a central and perfect climate in the region of Dúlra. With the warm winds blowing from the Northern Desert and the cooler breezes coming from the Southern sea, the temperature is always just warm enough in the Summer and just cool enough in the Winter. However, the cities greatest and most well known feature is it's lack of roads and the flowers that bloom between buildings.

With nothing connecting the structures of the city but the soft grassy plains of the area, the city of Rinne is known for being in touch with and grateful to the bountiful nature within which it is built. As if symbolizing this gratitude, the cities, and as a result, the Dúlra regions national flower is the beautiful, blooming Gracidea. Which always finds a way to bloom brightly once every season for a period of two days. So worshiped is this time in Rinne city that the "Seasonal Sky Festival" is held once every three months to celebrate the Gracidea's blooming...

...and to welcome the cities visitors.

Shaymin whom are reverting to their land form after a season of flight will land in Rinne city in flocks and droves. They come to mingle with the pokémon and people of Rinne, enjoying the fun and atmosphere of the two day festival while the Gracidea flowers bloom. On the eve before the flowers shut their petals for another season however, each Shaymin will pick a single Gracidea from the ground and in doing so in unison... each Shaymin will produce a wonderful shimmering light. A light that overtakes the city as the small and mythic pokémon retake their sky form and take to the sky, sure to return to the city in a seasons time to enjoy the festival once more.

Rinne City has no real export apart from the grain they farm. However, they make a large amount of income through tourism from out-regioners visiting Calafort city and taking a trip to Rinne. Many Gracidea made and inspired souvenirs are sold. Including a special floral head dress rumored to never wilt. While not native to the region, many products imported from the Thessali region based on the Budew, Roselia and Roserade line are available for purchase through the Thessali region embassy... where their ambassador has set up a shop.

The gym leader from Rinne city, Lise, is a native of a different region entirely and also serves as the ambassador of said region. However Hoogland's embassy is yet to be built proper in the city, for now the gym serves as the embassy. Lise uses the grass type in battle.

Last edited:

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
    oh hey look

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    (temporary pic. ignore the wolf and her wolf ears.)​
    Name: Viesna
    Trainer Class: Wanderer / Aura Guardian
    Additional Information: Originally residing in her home city: Faoisimh, before she left. Viesna has dreams of seeing the Legendary Pokemon with her own eyes - she has no intention of befriending them, she thinks it is impossible for her, moreover, she prefers to only see them in flesh, to close the distance and touch - just a brush, for a moment. She thinks they are utterly ethereal, even having a glimpse would do well. (Even if she may think it is unsatisfactory)

They are Legendaries for a reason.

Viesna has a signature look: a monotone face&expression or always looking blankly disinterested. Sometimes, people think she always daydreams. Even so, it can be hard to know if she is listening or not. There is hardly, almost nothing that interests or excites her... except Legendaries. She is intellectual and will ask questions first before she takes steps unless she deems necessarily.

Right now, she is one of the Aura Guardians, not many people know until she wears the customary armor. Viesna also has a pendant that is hidden, containing a certain kind of gem.

Note: Her social skills are non-existent. Asking questions will make it awkward but will still ask. She may ignore a person attempting to socialize with her or deal with them as quick as possible (such as a denial or just a word to leave her alone). Some can say she's not honest with herself nor with others. Viesna has a crush on General Tíomaint (Theo, for short) and confuses her feelings with irritation. It's not really noticeable but it is easy to note that she gets more irritated when it comes to him for some reason.

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]

Last edited:

Jay

Years

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Carved from the wall of a great gave thought to have been created by the impact of an absolutely colossal pokémon eons ago... the city of Crann is thought to be the most ancient man made location in all of Dúlra. Experiencing roughly one to two hours of sunlight a day due to the way the day reaches the mouth of the grand cave, many dark and cave dwelling pokémon reside in the cave just outside the high built walls of the mostly torch lit city.

As the first to be built centuries ago, the city of Crann is also the most militant in it's belief of balance. It refuses the use of all technology and the cities "official" pokémon centre and pokémart sit outside of the mouth of the grand cave. The only new structure allowed to exist within the massive stone cities walls is the gym. Which is designed to fit in with the old ways and is very particular about the trainers it accepts challenges from.

The city is also thought to be the origin point of the old tale regarding Darkrai and Cresselia with many people believing that Darkrai itself was born from the shadows in the caves darkest depths... and that Cresselia was born from a piercing beam of moonlight that intruded upon the caves gloom. Whether this part of, or any of the legend for that matter, are true... is up to the readers interpretation. Darkrai and Cresselia have not been seen for many years and so many people have decided against putting faith in them or their old fairy tail... even those living their lives within Crann cities walls are known to have their doubts.

Rarely accepting newcomers and even less frequently allowing immigrants to live in the city, the close minded nature inspires spite in some and intrigue in others. Some say that deep within the walls of Crann city is a vault filled with ancient information known only to the champion and a select few others... a clan as ancient as the human presence on Dúlra.

The Mhac Suimhne's. Their name meaning "Sons of the Night" in the ancient tongue of Dúlra. The bloodline of these ninja-like warriors of shadow dwindles in the modern times. However they still do exist, and those few remnants that are present receive the utmost respect from every Dúlran... the citizens of Crann city being no exception.

The gym leader of Crann city is Evienne, one such remnant of the Mhac Suimhne clan and a high ranking member within said order. She was hand chosen by the champion to serve the role in Crann, as in his eyes she was the most open minded among the Mhac Suimhne's... and thus the most suited to deal with the young trainers whom would undoubtedly come to challenge her.

Back