• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The D/P/Pt "WTF" Moment thread ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Fighting Crasher Wake.
    I thought he would lead off with Quagsire, so I sent out Roselia, he leads out with gyarados
    O.O
    He eventually wears all my pokes down.
    2nd Try: I knew from the last battle my Luxray could easily withstand one Waterfall, so I felt safe leading off with him. Then that Gyarados OHKOed Luxray with a critical, I was doomed.
    3rd Try: everthing finally just went right in this battle, no unexpected criticals, and i finally won.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    When i used 3 acid armors on my accidently Defense EV trained Manaphy. Heracross's Close Combat did like 9 damage, and then a critical hit defeated her/him when (s)he had over 80 HP...This was the first time i discovered that Critical hit negates stat changes.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    My little cousin is playing with my DS and I just let her go away with it.. Suddenly after 3 minutes, I heard her saying "I choose PIPLUP! YAY!" I was like.. uhh, okay? ._. Then I saw her battling my rival which she named Lead and I was like WTF! SHE RESTARTED MY PLATINUM! >.< (Good thing I still got my other Platinum Cartridge with all my Event Poke's transferred there >.>) I was about to burst up, but when I checked the Piplup's IV's, it was flawless with a Timid Nature. O.O First time that I got a flawless Piplup :3 I decided to finish "her" game 8D

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I absolutely could not catch Giratina. It took a few restarts, a lucky shot to freeze it, and it somehow stayed frozen long enough for me to get it into the red and easily catch it with a dusk ball. I got so lucky.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    My little cousin is playing with my DS and I just let her go away with it.. Suddenly after 3 minutes, I heard her saying "I choose PIPLUP! YAY!" I was like.. uhh, okay? ._. Then I saw her battling my rival which she named Lead and I was like WTF! SHE RESTARTED MY PLATINUM! >.< (Good thing I still got my other Platinum Cartridge with all my Event Poke's transferred there >.>) I was about to burst up, but when I checked the Piplup's IV's, it was flawless with a Timid Nature. O.O First time that I got a flawless Piplup :3 I decided to finish "her" game 8D

lucky you. :P
    my sister restarted my pearl, and she was like
    "here you go! i was gonna name it Impo is a dummy, but i didnt have enough room :) "
    i look at my game and she named a chimchar Impo dummy or something :P
    luckily i didnt save it :D

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I had raised my entire team to level 55 (except Magmortar), went up to challenge the E4, it went smoothly (although Lucian was a bit more rough than the others) and went up against Cynthia. I took out her Spiritomb pretty easily, and then her Garchomp destroyed me. Ripped through everything I had. Guess i need to train more so that my Empoleon can survive Garchomp's Earthquake. I garuntee if I get my Empoleon up to about level 60, I can rip through Cynthia.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    EDIT: I got Empoleon all the way up to level 61, and it still gets OHKOed by Garchomp
    Though I did finally win the battle, the garchomp was all lucky.
    Cynthia sent out Garchomp
    Go Empoleon
    Garchomp uses Earthquake
    Empoleon Fainted
    Go Draco (my garchomp)
    Garchomp uses Dragon Rush
    Draco uses Dragon Rush
    both survive by just a little bit
    Garchomp uses Flamethrower
    DRACO SURVIVES WITH 1 HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Draco used Dragon Rush
    Garchomp fainted...
    O.O
    phew

Pheonix987

Nyan, nyan, myancology...
    Years
    1. I walk along the grass with only my Minun with all Electric type attacks...and then...

"Wild Diglett appeared!"

I know God hates me. It had Arena Trap. o_o

2. Accidently released same Minun. T_T

Kelp

<3
    Years
    I was chaining Abra. At four I looked up from my screen. I looked back and the Abra appeared different. I thought nothing of it. Shiny abra and normal abra look relatively similar. I thought why not, throw a pokeball. It pops out, and it does the shiny sequence. It then proceeds to teleport. :3

I had my Crobat out with Mean Look. I just didn't think it was a shiny. D:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    i was triyng to beat cintia for like 2 ****ing months.then one day i wake up in 6:00 oc'lock in the morning and i hear from the living room:yay! yay! i beat the game! idan is going to be happy!
    then i come to my brother and say:what did you do??
    and he answerd:i beated the game and youuuuuuu dont!!!
    i asked him when he waked up and he smild ans sayd: 5:55 idan....
    i was saing to myself wtf?!!!!! and i didnt playd the game for like 1 month

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    lol, yeah I tried starting out chaining Bidoof on Route 201 (since there are much lower chances for a chain break cuz only two other pokes are found there, one of which is only at night) and my chain always breaks by 7. Seriously, that's my highest chain, 7. And it's Bidoof.

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    Finding that when I got to the Elite Four, all the grinding I'd done several hours previous was useless, because all my pokemon were already overleveled.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I was training a Starly from level 3 on Route 202, mainly for Pokedex completion.
    Wild Mesprit Appeared (still haven't caught it yet on my new game of Platinum)!
    O.O well. Wasn't expecting that!
    I throw an Ultra Ball just for funsies
    Mesprit escaped
    Mesprit fled.

Okay so the last part wasn't a WTF, but hey, i did it, so might as well post it! I've never had a roaming legendary randomly show up like that. Usually when I see them I was actually looking for them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back