• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The D/P/Pt "WTF" Moment thread ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
    I was playing Platinum again because i was bored, and i lost to my rival in the first rival battle O_o and it was all because Turtwig and it's dang Withdraw!

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
    Years
    When I found out the Team Galactic people were evil all along, I was like WTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF

CptnSmonge

Pineapple Pirate
    Years
    I'll tell you something ridiculous--I've contracted Pokerus in every generation you can get it, but I haven't ever owned a legit shiny excluding Johto's red Gyarados.

WTF moment #2--When I passed over Mt. Coronet and found blue shellos. I was ecstatic when I caught 1, confused when I caught another, and skeptical when I caught a third. I was thinking "SHINIES!" before learning better later, and realizing they didn't sparkle.

Deathstar

Floating Away...
    Years
    My WTF Moment was when I thought I was supposed to go to the top of Mt. Coronet, but I had went up to the top for nothing... I had no escape ropes, or repels to make the process faster.

CptnSmonge

Pineapple Pirate
    Years
    I've got a wtf horror story that happened a few days ago. I opened up my Gold cartridge to replace the battery, and for that I prefer the strong arm approach since I'm afraid to solder. I tried to pull the tab off the battery, the screwdriver slipped and RAKED THE F***ing CIRCUIT BOARD. I nearly crapped my self, but thank god when I powered on disbelieving it word ever work again it loaded up normally. The scratch is extremely noticeable, and I'm extremely lucky.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i put it in my general pokemon gaming thread of awkward/funny moments, but here it is again:

i wasp laying diamond i had Kara my honchkrow, named after my ex-girlfriend& a dear friend of mine, use fly, as i watched a scary part in the F.E.A.R. walkthrough im watchin, honchkrow does its cry, it scared the **** outta me :laugh:

T33nyTurtwig

:D :D :D
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    My Moment was really weird. I was trying to catch a gastly and so i used my level 1 togepi. All the attacks the gastly had didnt effect my level 1, and my level 1 did teeny amounts of damage. When i was gonna throw a pokeball, it came out, so i tried to put it to sleep, but sadly i missed and it used struggle. Both pokes fainted together. :(

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    Just running through some grass, come across a Bidoof.
    Urgh, going to flee 'cos it's pointless Experience Points.
    Can't escape... Keep trying to escape... All while Bidoof is using Rollout on my Noctowl... Noctowl (who was quite weak then, mind) low on HP and then finally getting free... Mega Bidoof rhape. :l

RNG Abuser

RNG Abuser
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    sending out a ghost pkmn for maylene's gym battlers
    had some lol's :)
    cant touch this ;)

T33nyTurtwig

:D :D :D
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    My WTF Moment was when I thought I was supposed to go to the top of Mt. Coronet, but I had went up to the top for nothing... I had no escape ropes, or repels to make the process faster.

Something like that happened to me too. I heard that there was and entrance to the snow area from the eterna city side of Mt. Coronet, so i went through there 5 times before realizing that at that time it was innaccessable and that it was really hard to find it; surfing to the right ledge and stuff :|

ManmadeWalnut

Shiny Bidoof
    Years
    When I caught Giratina, I flabbergasted myself.

I brought its health down to red and just proceeded to bombard it with 30x ultra balls and 15x timer balls. After what felt like five hours, I threw my very last timer ball. My heart was racing faster than it ever had from playing Pokemon in my entire life, and before I knew it... Giratina was caught! I was so ridiculously proud of myself. I went to look at its stats... 1 HP, no PP left for any move.

THERE IS A GOD AND HE HAS A PLAN FOR US ALL.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    When I caught Giratina, I flabbergasted myself.

I brought its health down to red and just proceeded to bombard it with 30x ultra balls and 15x timer balls. After what felt like five hours, I threw my very last timer ball. My heart was racing faster than it ever had from playing Pokemon in my entire life, and before I knew it... Giratina was caught! I was so ridiculously proud of myself. I went to look at its stats... 1 HP, no PP left for any move.

THERE IS A GOD AND HE HAS A PLAN FOR US ALL.

theres no god, you did all that yourself, dont give others credit for your own hard work.

man makes his life wat it is,it is merely dictated by the paths fate has laid out for you, other than that everythin is freely done by the person at hand ^_^

on a lighter note

i fought a starly, my turtwig took it by half O.O i was lik WTFUberAttackmuch!?

ManmadeWalnut

Shiny Bidoof
    Years
    theres no god, you did all that yourself, dont give others credit for your own hard work.

man makes his life wat it is,it is merely dictated by the paths fate has laid out for you, other than that everythin is freely done by the person at hand ^_^

on a lighter note

i fought a starly, my turtwig took it by half O.O i was lik WTFUberAttackmuch!?

Are you trying to make me look stupid? If so, it's having a bit of a reverse effect. There was no point in dragging that out the way you did.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Are you trying to make me look stupid? If so, it's having a bit of a reverse effect. There was no point in dragging that out the way you did.

nope, you misunderstand, which in turn makes you do it urself.

ManmadeWalnut

Shiny Bidoof
    Years
    I don't think I misunderstood. I made a small joke, and you took it very serious and tried to tell me my views are wrong. I don't understand what the point of that was.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back