• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hello people. I have tried to find something to say that is related to the topic, and I failed. So I decided to carry out my plans for a nostalgic 1000th post...

Okay, not even a nostalgic 1000th post, because I can not find my first post on archive.org or elsewhere. Meh, here we are, 1000 posts people...I'm so slow.

1000 posts isn't really that... important. A person that was bored could get 1000 posts in less than a week... so it isn't such a big thing. XD;

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    1000 posts isn't really that... important. A person that was bored could get 1000 posts in less than a week... so it isn't such a big thing. XD;

Still, you get more respect after you have four digits in your post count. It means your a veteran of the community, and not someone who signed up yesterday.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I forget what I did for my 1000th post. :/ I was either here in the DCC or in NU/W. Nothing special. I mean, it feels like an accomplishment for a little while, but then... it's really no biggie. XD;

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    If I wanted to, I could get 1000 posts in a week... There are so many polls/ threads which don't require any intelligent comments..

E.g I could say "In my opinion it's bad." for:

Euros, how do you feel about immigration?
    Capital Punishment?
    Drug use- ur opinion?
    Road Accidents
    Pokemon Orchestral Arrangement

And that's just on the first page of this board. 5 posts for me in less than a minute and it's not spamming. gg.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I just realized that most likely more than half of my posts are from this thread alone. XD;

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    My postcount is pretty much built on DCC. Besides that...the rest would be in OVP or Roleplay.
    Like, without DCC I'd only have about 1k XD
    And....I just broke my 8,300 u_u;

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Still, you get more respect after you have four digits in your post count. It means your a veteran of the community, and not someone who signed up yesterday.
    Not by a long shot. When I was still in my "posting prime", I could pull off at least 300 posts a day, and a friend of mine actually managed 1,000 in a single day. It's kinda pointless though, since it's just a number really.

So says the man with the largest post count on this board.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    You have 861 posts in the DCC, Natalie. XD; That's ridiculously crazy.

My first 1000 posts are from forever ago. D: I never posted anywhere except Pixel Art.

You went and and found how many, Klippy? o_o

I was just estimating. XD;

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I don't know why postcount matters really, I've never gotten it D:
    I have noticed other people being ignored just because they have a low postcount...that's not right.
    I wouldn't mind it being disabled really ~_~

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I don't know why postcount matters really, I've never gotten it D:
    I have noticed other people being ignored just because they have a low postcount...that's not right.
    I wouldn't mind it being disabled really ~_~
    That would be awesome. A bunch of boards I go to have them disabled and the whole community is better off. Aside from the complaining at the start of it all. Plus, you could still see your post count in the profile page, so it technically wasn't gone, just pushed to the very back.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    Chibi, it just shows how active someone is.
    I have to admit that I'm always looking at people's postcounts to see how active they are...

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    You went and and found how many, Klippy? o_o

I was just estimating. XD;

Yes. XD; It's not that hard. Just click the total posts next to the thread title and it lists who's posted how much.

Post counts can get in the way of legitimate posts though. If someone has a really low count, then they're sometimes ignored. ;;

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'd rather that, actually. A lot of people are judged on post count and it's just not right, 'cause it's almost like saying you can't take them seriously because their post count isn't in the three or four digits. Just because someone is new (or inactive) doesn't mean they can't be taken seriously. :/

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I have to admit that I'm always looking at people's postcounts to see how active they are...
    Why would you even care though? The quality of the post is what matters, or should be in the case of PC. Just because they're active doesn't necessarily mean they're contributing in a positive manner to the place.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013

You can be active and still have a post count that's not as high as everyone else's. :/ If you're just shooting out posts that don't really mean anything, it's more spammy than anything else.

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
    Why would you even care though? The quality of the post is what matters, or should be in the case of PC. Just because they're active doesn't necessarily mean they're contributing in a positive manner to the place.

Kudos to that. ._. I mean, just look at me for instance.. [/selfabsorbed]

Then again, an active member is one that hasn't been banned, so he/she isn't useless.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back