• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm a die-hard Cobra Starship fan. XD; -shot-

I like a variety of stuff, mainly in the rock and pop genres, but I've recently become more open to Japanese music. I used to be really into it when I was twelve or thirteen, and then I grew out of it, and now I'm growing back into it. :3

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    I know most people are against it, I love pretty much all genre's...despise pop but Ashley Tisdale is tolerable. The only Fad I've been seeing and hearing mostly is J-rock/pop.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Well I do admit that I do like a few country songs, but generally I dont like it. It kinda makes me sad D: I refuse to listen to most anyone from Disney, though Aly and AJ were surprisingly good.

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
    I just CANT listen to Country songs. If songs, I can listen to up-beat, loud techno, and RnB or Punk or Rock or Pop (Mainstream music mainly)

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    OH, GOD, NO, PLEASE DON'T TELL ME YOU GUYS ARE DISCUSSING COUNTRY MUSIC snjgshjgdh ewwww my brain has broken.

It's unacceptable to be prejudiced against an entire genre of music -- except with country music, in which case this can be waived.

...*horrified*

I've grown up around country music. As a consequence, I hate it. HATE IT.

Kylie-chan

Years
    We're Discussing Music in general xD

Music in general sucks.

How can you hate the Pussycat Dolls but like Akon and the Backstreet Boys? All three of them are as nauseating as each other. Oh, guys, have you seen that new Madonna/Justin Timberlake/what'shisnamewhodoessomanycollaborationswithpeoplethesedayshe'slikethenewpinkexceptnotaspretty video? It's... Oh, God. SHE'S FIFTY AAAAAAAAAAAAH MY EYES WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN ;_;

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Yeah, that video's pretty... weird. Isn't it called '4 Minutes' or something like that?

I've never really liked Akon. His voice is just so... strange. I don't understand why alot of major artists are featuring him in their songs! But, it seems to be working, so whatever.

While we're on the topic, what's your opinions on Lil Wayne? I like him. Yeah, I do... I don't really care if you have a problem with him. He's the best artist in the world right now. And that's not just in my opinion. XXL Mag, HipHop DX.com and other resources (radio, TV etc) are calling Lil Wayne one of the bests in the world; right up there with Jay Z, but not quite as "saint" as Tupac/Biggie.

In the first week of his new album release, 'Tha Carter III', he sold over 1,000,000 copies. *_* And that's not including the people who downloaded them.

Kylie-chan

Years
    Yeah, that video's pretty... weird. Isn't it called '4 Minutes' or something like that?

I've never really liked Akon. His voice is just so... strange. I don't understand why alot of major artists are featuring him in their songs! But, it seems to be working, so whatever.

While we're on the topic, what's your opinions on Lil Wayne? I like him. Yeah, I do... I don't really care if you have a problem with him. He's the best artist in the world right now. And that's not just in my opinion. XXL Mag, HipHop DX.com and other resources (radio, TV etc) are calling Lil Wayne one of the bests in the world; right up there with Jay Z, but not quite as "saint" as Tupac/Biggie.

In the first week of his new album release, 'Tha Carter III', he sold over 1,000,000 copies. *_* And that's not including the people who downloaded them.

I...'ve never even heard of Li'l Wayne. Is that what's popular with the young'uns these days? @_@ I guess I listen to completely different music to the people who have been posting so far. XD; I mostly just listen to electronica and dance, j-pop/rock, nineties pop [you know, guilty pleasure stuff 8D!], post-rock, and indie rock [I don't mean britrock -- that's what indie seems to mean to most people these days @_@ NOT THE ARCTIC MONKEYS. ashfbsjh elitist rant etc.]

ETA: SPARKLES THE BUNNY! *tacklecling*

Years
    • Seen today
    I...'ve never even heard of Li'l Wayne. Is that what's popular with the young'uns these days? @_@ I guess I listen to completely different music to the people who have been posting so far. XD; I mostly just listen to electronica and dance, j-pop/rock, nineties pop [you know, guilty pleasure stuff 8D!], post-rock, and indie rock [I don't mean britrock -- that's what indie seems to mean to most people these days @_@ NOT THE ARCTIC MONKEYS. ashfbsjh elitist rant etc.]
    It's the same for me, though I don't listen to as much indie rock as I should, I haven't really gotten into any new acts lately. I should probably work on that one of these days.

ETA: SPARKLES THE BUNNY! *tacklecling*

Yo. o/

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Since when are sales equivalent of a piece's quality?

Well, they're not really. All it really shows is that the artist has... well, sold more albums than most people. The people who buy his albums obviously like his music, so it shows that he has the most fans... I guess.

But I wasn't saying he's good. I never once said that he was good or bad. I said, in my opinion, I like him. I also said he's the best artists in the world right now, then quickly added a few of the sources I got that from. A.K.A. in their opinion.

But anyway, back on topic. I don't really listen to J-Pop that much. I'm more into altern-rock, rap/hip hop, and of course, the golden' oldies! I'm a FL user; what kind of FL user doesn't listen to Oldies?

Kylie-chan

Years
    It's the same for me, though I don't listen to as much indie rock as I should, I haven't really gotten into any new acts lately. I should probably work on that one of these days.

Yo. o/

What are you listening to, Indigo Blue Sparkleshine Fluffytail the Magical Bunny ♥? [That... Sounds too much like a furry's name ._.;] Do you have a lastfm or something?

@Motsuko Live: what's FL? ><; And what kind of alt. rock are we talking? I hate that 'genre' simply because it's a catch-all -- I've seen all the following described as alt. rock many times:

The Flaming Lips, Panic! at the Disco, Daft Punk [............WHY? WHY? WHY?], Arctic Monkeys [oh, please, they're as generic as they come], Coldplay [see the last, although I can quite contentedly listen to older Coldplay], Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, the Killers*, Radiohead, and Nirvana

*Oh, Bunny, random memory! The time you were going 'wtf is with this song?' about Somebody Told Me 8D

Years
    • Seen today
    But I wasn't saying he's good. I never once said that he was good or bad. I said, in my opinion, I like him. I also said he's the best artists in the world right now, then quickly added a few of the sources I got that from. A.K.A. in their opinion.
    Your post sorta gave the impression that you thought high sales meant something was good. I certainly don't think so, nor do I think he's all that great, personally I think the guy is just a tool being used by his dad and other producers.

What are you listening to, Indigo Blue Sparkleshine Fluffytail the Magical Bunny ♥? [That... Sounds too much like a furry's name ._.;] Do you have a lastfm or something?
    No lastfm. Lately I've really been into a group called TETRA-FANG since they did the first two endings to Kamen Rider Kiva. The video to their second single really hooked me, so I think I'm gonna buy that. Aside from them, Kelun is a pretty good band, though I think most people only got into them for their random Bleach song. I don't really listen to music that isn't Spanish or Japanese these days though. XD; I think the few bands I listen to in English are The Killers, Coldplay, Velvet Revolver and The Fray.

Kylie-chan

Years
    No lastfm. Lately I've really been into a group called TETRA-FANG since they did the first two endings to Kamen Rider Kiva. The video to their second single really hooked me, so I think I'm gonna buy that. Aside from them, Kelun is a pretty good band, though I think most people only got into them for their random Bleach song. I don't really listen to music that isn't Spanish or Japanese these days though. XD; I think the few bands I listen to in English are The Killers, Coldplay, Velvet Revolver and The Fray.

Ooh *click*

AAAH VELVET REVOLVER ! <33333333333 I thoroughly approve. *feeds you an arsenic-laced carrot as a reward

Years
    • Seen today
    Ooh *click*

AAAH VELVET REVOLVER ! <33333333333 I thoroughly approve. *feeds you an arsenic-laced carrot as a reward
    Click! Click! :D

Sorry, don't really like carrots. I mainly got into that band because it had Slash in it, but I ended up being a huge fan of them as a whole.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Your post sorta gave the impression that you thought high sales meant something was good. I certainly don't think so, nor do I think he's all that great, personally I think the guy is just a tool being used by his dad and other producers.

No, definitely not. I mean, I used to hate rap. I used to think the exact same thing. But it's the same as any other genre; in the sense that the artists still struggle just as hard to get themselves out there, be heard, etc. Lil' Wayne was signed when he was 12 years old. You gotta have some talent to be signed at 12.

But yes, his "style" has definitely changed. When he first began, he was surprisingly an extremely soulful rapper. Now, because he's so "ballin" or whatever, he only raps about money, etc... like most rappers. But it seems to be working! I mean, the number of album sales obviously does say something.

Being good at what you do doesn't mean using the same old style over and over again. What the kids today want is rappers like Lil' Wayne. It's not his fault, it's just what's popular right now.

But don't think he's lazy, lol. Last year, he put out over 250 songs. Most of those were remixes, or just freestlyes over various beats, but alot of effort still goes into them. So yeah... I did sound like I was saying he was good, but it's hard not to when you actually like him. Lawlz.

And @ Kylie-Chan: Yeah, well Altern-Rock is more of a... "default" genre for me. If I don't know exactly what kind of music it is but it sounds something like rock, well... yeah, it's Altern-Rock.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back