• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    No, definitely not. I mean, I used to hate rap. I used to think the exact same thing. But it's the same as any other genre; in the sense that the artists still struggle just as hard to get themselves out there, be heard, etc. Lil' Wayne was signed when he was 12 years old. You gotta have some talent to be signed at 12.
    Or just know the right people. Having a father-son relationship with the founder of a record label probably didn't hurt his ambitions. I love rap (though not nearly as much as rock) and I think it's great he was able to rebound so fast after his dad was killed but other than that, I don't really see anything special about the guy. I've liked maybe three songs from him and one was just a collaboration.

But yes, his "style" has definitely changed... because he's so "ballin" or whatever, he only raps about money, etc... like most rappers. But it seems to be working! I mean, the number of album sales obviously does say something.
    I think this just says people will mindlessly enjoy what they're spoon-fed by the media. His style really isn't his style either, he doesn't do that much of the actual music producing. He sings and adds his opinion on a couple of songs. Which is why I think the guy is just a tool, his producers are the ones making the real money.
    But don't think he's lazy, lol. Last year, he put out over 250 songs. Most of those were remixes, or just freestlyes over various beats, but alot of effort still goes into them. So yeah... I did sound like I was saying he was good, but it's hard not to when you actually like him. Lawlz.
    It doesn't take that long to do a remix or freestyle, a couple of hours if you're releasing them at the rate he did. I just never saw what was so great about him, his producers, yeah, they've got talent, but he's nothing special himself.

I guess I should try listening to English music again, I've been so behind on the times, but whenever I turn the radio on, it seems like I haven't missed much.

if at anything Rock and Roll is the only true musics these days
    Hah. I could rant endlessly about that topic, but there's no way I'm going near it.

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
    Rock and Roll is dieing. I hate that type of music xD

The true music is Pop/RnB... and Justin Timberlake. He deserves his own Genre xD

Zet

Years
    haha, yeah Rock and Roll is kinda dead, though I've more or less been listening to metal, rap, hip hop, etc these days, no reason to let my rock and roll spirit die now 8D

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
    Rock and Roll is really crap though. Its a wanna-be slow pop with a random mix of everything that makes it sound really really bad.

I think that the best songs are usually ones that havent been tried before (like experiment songs that turn out great)

-HeaveN-

In this craziness, absurdity..
    Years
    Music in general sucks.

How can you hate the Pussycat Dolls but like Akon and the Backstreet Boys? All three of them are as nauseating as each other. Oh, guys, have you seen that new Madonna/Justin Timberlake/what'shisnamewhodoessomanycollaborationswithpeoplethesedayshe'slikethenewpinkexceptnotaspretty video? It's... Oh, God. SHE'S FIFTY AAAAAAAAAAAAH MY EYES WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN ;_;

Pussy cat dolls are idiots. I hate the song "BEEP". Justin timberlake's "what goes around" is the best.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Concerning the Pussycat Dolls, I think Nicole Scherzinger's kinda hot, but that's basically about it. I'm not too keen on their actual music, though I did hear an awesome mash-up of "Buttons" with "The Hardest Button to Button" by the White Stripes. Ms. Scherzinger and Mr. White really should do a duet together.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I don't like Pussycat Dolls or Akon or Justin Timberlake or any of those types of artists. I lean a lot more to the rock/indie/electronica side, but I'm not gonna say that it's the "only true music" because everyone has their own tastes. :/

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    Music talk 8D?

Dudeeee ska and alternative are the way to go! Say Hi to your mom, Streetlight Manifesto, like woahhhz awesomeness.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    I still say more "classic" (lulz) bands are better. Bands that paved the way for the bands of today; even though the bands of today, in my opinion, completely ruined what former bands started. Bands like the Clash, the Cure, the Violent Femmes, etc. I cant stand Panic! At the Disco, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, or any of those other new "scene" bands. I dont really like any of the artist from other genres seeing as how their voices are majorily synthesiced >.> Also, the content of music today really does suck :/
    I prefer the less mainstream bands like the Dresden Dolls and Dashboard Confessional. Though some of the bands of today are good, I'll give props to Coldplay :3

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    I still say more "classic" (lulz) bands are better. Bands that paved the way for the bands of today; even though the bands of today, in my opinion, completely ruined what former bands started. Bands like the Clash, the Cure, the Violent Femmes, etc. I cant stand Panic! At the Disco, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, or any of those other new "scene" bands. I dont really like any of the artist from other genres seeing as how their voices are majorily synthesiced >.> Also, the content of music today really does suck :/
    I prefer the less mainstream bands like the Dresden Dolls and Dashboard Confessional. Though some of the bands of today are good, I'll give props to Coldplay :3
    Lawl. Dashboard Confessional as non-mainstream. Not to be rude, but that made me laugh. Anyways, I agree with your definition of the 'classics' the people who got alt. rock to where it is today. But I also like a fair amount of Alternative Hiphop artists, like Gym Class Heroes, Jurassic 5, etc. And then alot of the current alt. rock stuff, and people who say that just a label for generic stuff, probably don't listen to true alt. rock. =/

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I...'ve never even heard of Li'l Wayne. Is that what's popular with the young'uns these days? @_@ I guess I listen to completely different music to the people who have been posting so far. XD; I mostly just listen to electronica and dance, j-pop/rock, nineties pop [you know, guilty pleasure stuff 8D!], post-rock, and indie rock [I don't mean britrock -- that's what indie seems to mean to most people these days @_@ NOT THE ARCTIC MONKEYS. ashfbsjh elitist rant etc.]

ETA: SPARKLES THE BUNNY! *tacklecling*
    Urgaaaaaaaaa...........I can't stand Lil Wayne, thats all my mom and older brothers listens too, It just gets on my nerves.

No, definitely not. I mean, I used to hate rap. I used to think the exact same thing. But it's the same as any other genre; in the sense that the artists still struggle just as hard to get themselves out there, be heard, etc. Lil' Wayne was signed when he was 12 years old. You gotta have some talent to be signed at 12.

But yes, his "style" has definitely changed. When he first began, he was surprisingly an extremely soulful rapper. Now, because he's so "ballin" or whatever, he only raps about money, etc... like most rappers. But it seems to be working! I mean, the number of album sales obviously does say something.

Being good at what you do doesn't mean using the same old style over and over again. What the kids today want is rappers like Lil' Wayne. It's not his fault, it's just what's popular right now.

But don't think he's lazy, lol. Last year, he put out over 250 songs. Most of those were remixes, or just freestlyes over various beats, but alot of effort still goes into them. So yeah... I did sound like I was saying he was good, but it's hard not to when you actually like him. Lawlz.

And @ Kylie-Chan: Yeah, well Altern-Rock is more of a... "default" genre for me. If I don't know exactly what kind of music it is but it sounds something like rock, well... yeah, it's Altern-Rock.

Yeah I give him some credit, but still rap i just not me. all you would really hear them rap about is money, cars, clothes, and the most famous women. Am I right or am I right? Then my family gets the nerve and say "Your not ghetto your not hood if you don't listen to rap," and I think who the hell wants to be ghetto and hood, and my brothers laugh because I listen to J-pop and rock and some other stuff they don't listen too.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Lawl. Dashboard Confessional as non-mainstream. Not to be rude, but that made me laugh. Anyways, I agree with your definition of the 'classics' the people who got alt. rock to where it is today. But I also like a fair amount of Alternative Hiphop artists, like Gym Class Heroes, Jurassic 5, etc. And then alot of the current alt. rock stuff, and people who say that just a label for generic stuff, probably don't listen to true alt. rock. =/
    I didn't say non-mainstream I said less mainstream, which I think Dashboard Confessional is a little less mainstream compared to things like My Chemical Romance and Panic! At the Disco and Fall Out Boy and such. I dont really like much Hip Hop/Rap though there are some that are quite catchy. Andre 3000 was always pretty good. And I mrather addicted to the song Lollipop >.<

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2024
    Concerning the Pussycat Dolls, I think Nicole Scherzinger's kinda hot, but that's basically about it. I'm not too keen on their actual music, though I did hear an awesome mash-up of "Buttons" with "The Hardest Button to Button" by the White Stripes. Ms. Scherzinger and Mr. White really should do a duet together.
    They're actually pretty terrible, since Nicole is the only one who does anything/looks any good. I'm surprised they still -- Oh wait, that makes sense actually.

You folks should all go listen to Lupe Fiasco, he's actually quite a refreshing change from regular hip-hop.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    AAAAH THE WHITE STRIPS DHJGHSNJHSG; orz HAIL \o/

@Michii: I love Say Hi to Your Mom XD

@Motsuki: No offence, but if 'alt. rock' is defined by it sounding somewhat like rock, that basically defeats the entire purpose of calling it alt. rock.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    [font="Arial]

@Motsuki: No offence, but if 'alt. rock' is defined by it sounding somewhat like rock, that basically defeats the entire purpose of calling it alt. rock.[/font]
    I know that wasn't directed at me, but I just need to comment. To me, alt. rock is rock that is just different from the 'classics' or the 70's and 80's and different from the pop rock junk that gets played alot on popular stations. =/ Just saying.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Alt. Rock is a bit too mello for me...It always reminds me of a waiting room at the dentist.
    Always.
    I like Pop and Dance. They aren't really relaxing but they keep your mind awake.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2024
    Cause if you are what you say you are, a superstar, then have no fear, the crowd is here~

He's awesome, no kidding.
    You're so unexpectedly cool at times Derk. How do you keep on stuffing it up? :P

I need to get his underground stuff though, but I don't know where to get it from ._.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I know that wasn't directed at me, but I just need to comment. To me, alt. rock is rock that is just different from the 'classics' or the 70's and 80's and different from the pop rock junk that gets played alot on popular stations. =/ Just saying.

The depressing thing is pop rock sounds somewhat like rock, and some people do call it alt. rock.

~~;

@Ray: Stop that, it'll go to his head and he'll trip over it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back