• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    I wish I could join in this conversation, but aside from paint I have no banner making program.
    XD;

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I've only recently started using textures and before that, I'd only been using brushes for a while. I always felt it was cheating or something but now I've just stopped caring. XD; Most of the textures and brushes I have are icon-sized though, which is probably why I have such trouble making full sigs or banners these days. :(

I used to have a massive collection of icon brushes and textures from my old desktop, but then, when I moved to my lappy, I never bothered to find them again. XD; I don't like to use 3rd party resources because, yeah, like you said, it feels like I'm cheating.

I've been trying to make my own stuff, but... it's not really working out. XD;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Augh, I know. I make my own brushes/textures SOMETIMES, but for the most part I can't be bothered. :(

Also, I've heard pretty good things about Paint.net.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I don't paint alot so I don;t have many brushes. I usually just use blending modes and transform commands to create my signatures.
    If I had to list my top used tools I'd say the selection tools, then shape tools, then brushes. but for most things I rarely get past the second set of tools I listed.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I use CS2, and woahhz I need to clean out my brushes. I don't really know how to make my own brushes well, so I did a doodle set. You know, boxes, Lightning cloud doodle, stars, and Gir from Invader Zim :33. I easily have 2000 brushes right now, and some I've never even used before. I'll clean it out sooner or later.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Fireworks doesn't allow brushes o_o
    But I use something else to somehow import them in... that's if I wanted to use them.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Fireworks doesn't allow brushes o_o
    But I use something else to somehow import them in... that's if I wanted to use them.

Hey Froggy Kisses :33~

@@ I personally don't like doing graphics and layout thingies in photoshop @@; And.. I mainly use the default brushes to draw in it and stuff X33

:3 Making siggies is cool, though <3 @@ I don't think I'll be changing mine anytime soon~

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm not Froggy Kisses... I'm HOPPING FROGGY KISSES! -shot'd for preciseness-

Yeah... what does your signature even mean? I mean, try to show? o_o I don't get it. XD;

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I adore Photoshop o3o

I use CS at the moment, and I can't be bothered to get any newer versions. I don't have a large library of brushes, since I suck at using them. Besides, the default ones are good enough to make a decent banner. And filters > brushes, if you know how to use them.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I actually like the banner in your signature right now, Ty. oo;;

I use CS3 as well, but I've never actually tried to use brushes and such to make graphics. I mainly just use it for cropping and resizing. XD; I utterly fail with text and the like, I just don't know how to do it well. ;-;
    You should use it for more than that. XD That's how I started out, then one day I randomly got into iconing and then into banner making. I still really suck with getting text right. *points to sig* I'm still not that great at banner making, but I'd like to think I'm getting better.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    You should use it for more than that. XD That's how I started out, then one day I randomly got into iconing and then into banner making. I still really suck with getting text right. *points to sig* I'm still not that great at banner making, but I'd like to think I'm getting better.

Yeah.. text is hard.. but you gotta think about it as a separate image.
    Like.. your signature now has a lot of zig-zag lines.. and the text is more rounded. Curves= more feminine, subtle and soft.. straight lines= strong masculine.. zig-zag= movement, confusion.
    So even though you contrasted the two different types of lines.. they might've been a bit too different and that's why it'd clash.

._. Although personally I think your sig looks really good <3~

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
    I tried CS3 at a friends house and it is so amazing but it's also expensive!
    I use Photoshop Elements 6.0 the only thing I could afford :\

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    CS3 is amazing, but I'm ok with using CS2 until next year then I'll just pony up for the CS4 design premium suite. now that'll be a happy day!

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I used CS3 at school, and it wasn't much of a difference from the version I have now, CS.

But I will probably end up getting CS3 anyways, once I get more memory for my computer. :<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back