• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    Rollercosters, I'm pretty brave with them with most rollercosters. I like to ride the Griffon from Busch Gardens which is the tallest rollercoster ever, its a really cool ride :D

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    The first rollar coaster I ever rode was the Beast. I was 12 so I don't remember how I felt before it. But I went a LONG time before riding another. And so my first after that was this past summer and it was Millennium Force. I was so scared. My friends forced me onto it. And I rode with my friend Zach and held his hand until after the hill. Mind you the hill is the second tallest in the world. The tallest is also in the park.
    But here are some piccies of it:
    The hill, the coaster from across the park.
    It is now my favorite coaster ever. It goes in tunnels and everything :3

That is amazing! The only one I went on is about... 40m high. ._.; Which is incredibly wimpy, but it's the biggest one I could find ~_~;

ETA: See? It's small. According to Wikipedia, slightly under half the size of Millennium Force D:

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years

Kylie-chan

Years
    *shiver*

Scaryy ><

I'd Die there xD I'm soo scared of heights and fast moving stuff and im also scared of adrenaline >< oh... and I'm even scared of dogs ><

I feel shameful to brand myself a 'boy' xD

Try this. I went on it twice, but the lines were too long so my friend and I got bored and we went elsewhere, otherwise I'd have kept going. It was awesome fun. Didn't realise it counted as a rollercoaster, but it's a reverse freefall one and 115m high, so it's plenty taller than Millennium Force. *dance* It goes so fast that you don't have time to be scared though :3

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
    Yep. :]
    We went there a few years ago on a School Trip.
    Naturally, everyone had to ride Kingda Ka.
    It's crazy suspensful and thrilling the first time, but after that it's not much fun.

I much prefer the real rollercoasters like the Nitro or Medusa. Not the record-breaking one drop rollercoaster.

Kylie-chan

Years
    I don't know; I think the conventional ones are pretty nifty, but the single-drop ones [while way too short, their queues considered --;]... you can't beat the adrenaline from that 8D! That Tower of Terror has some other ride on the other side or something; it suspends you in the air for forty seconds [my friend counted] then you plummet down. It's so fun XD But I am definitely going on that Kingda Ka thing! ROAD TRIP ROLLERCOASTER SAFARI AROUND THE US 8D I'm so jealous >_> I wish we had things like that in Australia.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Oh man that's crazy. Sometimes it can't even get up the hill!? XDD; That makes me nervous and I'm not even there but wooow I'd love to go on it. *_* That looks so awesome.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Ya'll need to come to New Jersey and ride Kingda Ka.
    That'll blow your minds.
    It's intense.
    Way intense.

Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingda_Ka

And that folks, is something I will never ride. It'd kill me. o_o Seriously, that looks like an insanely awesome ride, but I'd probably die from such a rush. DX

I'll take some rollercoasters, but ones like those that are practically in the clouds, do not want. XD

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Ya'll need to come to New Jersey and ride Kingda Ka.
    That'll blow your minds.
    It's intense.
    Way intense.

Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingda_Ka
    NOOO! It's just like the Top Thrill Dragster D:
    I hated the dragster so much. But that comes with working the early open, late closing store that comes with it. D:
    But riding it was great. Sometimes it rolls back down the way it came. XDDD
    Cedar point still claims it as the tallest and fastest... =/

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I will make it my life's mission to ride Kingda Ka... but it must get busy at hell.

I read that Top Thrill Dragster can't function in any sort of precipitation, or winds exceeding, like, 30-something mph. It's understandable, I mean, LOOK AT THAT MONSTER OF A RIDE. *__* lsdgkdhjflsdf DO WANT ;;

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Been there ridden that (Top Thrill, I mean) I can certianly see why it doesn't opperate in any precip. the air stings a littl bit anyway, adding precip would be like adding needles.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I will make it my life's mission to ride Kingda Ka... but it must get busy at hell.

I read that Top Thrill Dragster can't function in any sort of precipitation, or winds exceeding, like, 30-something mph. It's understandable, I mean, LOOK AT THAT MONSTER OF A RIDE. *__* lsdgkdhjflsdf DO WANT ;;
    You are right. It shuts down all the time. If the wind is blowing a certain way it shuts down. Cause it rolls back if you don't. It's crazy... And the lines are soooooo long. But it is worth it I guess. I rode it on ride night sooooo it was just employees. XD

Gerri! When did you go to Cedar Point?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I guess for a massive monster of a roller coaster like that you need to take massive care of it. The weather's gotta be perfect, for safety reasons, especially since it goes up so high and goes really, really fast.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    You are right. It shuts down all the time. If the wind is blowing a certain way it shuts down. Cause it rolls back if you don't. It's crazy... And the lines are soooooo long. But it is worth it I guess. I rode it on ride night sooooo it was just employees. XD
    hehe the rolling down backwards is half the fun if it does! talk about thrill there!
    Gerri! When did you go to Cedar Point?
    I went a couple summer's ago, when I was a little more fit & younger.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back