• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    How come I didn't see that? o_o But whatever.. I pay attention... somewhat.

Lakes are supposed to be still though... except for ducks/swans/otherwise paddling in there.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Still water is a great place for bacteria to breed.
    Drinking lake water before it's boiled could be extremely hazardous to your health!

マツバ

Cry for Clearity~
    Years
  • ıиғıиıτızεd said:
    The water is ALWAYS clean. Like the sky... always beautiful <3
    Looks like someone never heard of acid rain.

Still water is a great place for bacteria to breed.
    Drinking lake water before it's boiled could be extremely hazardous to your health!

Precisely, not all water is safe to drink.

That being said, I still prefer Coffee over other liquids simply due to it's incredible smell and flavour. As for viruses, I haven't received any from water, and I hope I never do.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024

That being said, I still prefer Coffee over other liquids simply due to it's incredible smell and flavour. As for viruses, I haven't received any from water, and I hope I never do.

You got that right!

The water where I live is absolutely horrible! I think people put stuff in it that shouldn't be in it, which is a real shame because water should not taste like that. Even if it's tap water.

Yet, people wonder why I don't drink water.

Years
  • I never understood why they put water in plastic bottles if it is harmful to people. One of my teachers was explaining the number on the bottom of the bottle ranged from 1-9 I think, 1 being most dangerous and just about every bottle has it... XD

Why I prefer tap water. \o/

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    A fresh flowing stream high in the mountains should be fine, albeit one of the rarely encountered bodies of water.
    I always drink milk though, 'cause I'm weird like that. :o

That being said, I still prefer Coffee over other liquids simply due to it's incredible smell and flavour.
    Incredibly bitter...

Years
  • Looks like someone never heard of acid rain.

When did coffee even enter the realm of "good stuff"? xD It makes me gag when I taste it. I actually puke if it is black coffee. D:

マツバ

Cry for Clearity~
    Years
  • Incredibly bitter...

I just add a load of Half & Half cream and it tastes delicious. :)

αωαταρ αανγ said:
    When did coffee even enter the realm of "good stuff"? xD It makes me gag when I taste it. I actually puke if it is black coffee. D:

It horrific for others, of course. Everyone has their own preferences, and mine happens to be on the side of coffee. So for you, it's disgusting. For me, it's deep & far into the realm of good stuff. :>

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • I don't like hot drinks. I've had hot chocolate a few times, but hot drinks in general and me don't really mesh. I mostly drink water, and occasionally fruit juice. If it's the only thing available, I'll have a clear soda (like Sprite, 7-Up, etc.), but I don't really like it all that much anymore. My drinking habits are very bland. (Though I do make sure it's clean! |D)

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • About the water thing:
    If you're able to pull completely clear water from still water, then that means there's no bacteria in it and there's likely something that's keeping it from reproducing... Toxic!

Er, of course you shouldn't drink the bacteria either... And you shouldn't drink water that's completely brown, either -____-
    'Cause it's probably mud... Or poo.

HAJIME

so's your face
    Years
  • Tea and coffee are both awesome in their own ways.

Tea is better though, obviously, out of ridiculous poncy national pride.

Years
  • I have one of this Brita pitchers. They work well to filter the water.

Question. Don't wells take water from the ground?
    What if someone who has a well lives next to a grave yard?

Ew.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • I have one of this Brita pitchers. They work well to filter the water.

Question. Don't wells take water from the ground?

Ew.

Ooh, that's a disturbing thought. Better hope your supplier's up to code and armed with a good filter. D:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Question. Don't wells take water from the ground?

Ew.
    Wells draw water from groundwater springs, far down below the graveyard. Of course, some of the water would pass through the coffins, but a good deal of it comes from elsewhere around the grave-site. Besides, there's really nothing to worry about since the ground filters out most of the nasty stuff the water picks up and bones aren't really all that dirty, once the maggots have their way.

Ooh, that's a disturbing thought. Better hope your supplier's up to code and armed with a good filter. D:

The ground does all the filtering for you - though it really won't be necessary.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Hey guys..

:/ You know.. there are a lot of corpses "littering" the earth.. I think even if you're not near a cemetery and you have a well, you'll still get some of past human carbon in that water.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Coffee!

How ironic I hate the stuff yet my parents own a cafe. :\

The only thing to me that would make it taste nice is endless amounts of sugar. But meh.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • I remember my sixth grade teacher was addicted to coffee... every day she would send a kid to the teacher's lounge to make her a cup. Really, the student would have to make her a cup of coffee. Thankfully someone bought her a coffee maker to put in her classroom.

She also smoked, it was disgusting when she would lean over your shoulder to tell you how to complete an assignment, and you could tell she had been smoking during recess... yuck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back