• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
Years
  • I remember my sixth grade teacher was addicted to coffee... every day she would send a kid to the teacher's lounge to make her a cup. Really, the student would have to make her a cup of coffee. Thankfully someone bought her a coffee maker to put in her classroom.

She also smoked, it was disgusting when she would lean over your shoulder to tell you how to complete an assignment, and you could tell she had been smoking during recess... yuck.

ugh. I hate when someone does that.
    It feels like if you tell them that they have stank smoke breath, It feels
    rude and you think your going to make them embarrassed.

If I could, and I would, whenever came up with smoke breath,
    I would break out a container of tic tacks and say "seriously".

>.<"

I mostly put only Sugar and Cream, each time I have coffee. I don't drink coffee much these days.

I don't think I'll ever be into coffee. It tastes like leaf water (to me atleast).
    and one time I made this custard with coffee beans.

It ended up tasteing like a miture of chilled sunny-side up eggs with coffee beans in it.

The only things I enjoy about coffee is it's smell and making it.
    I guess I'll make a great intern. :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Tic tacs don't necessarily get rid of cigarette breath... something stronger would; like a lifesaver.

It's amazing that most people I speak to on PC never want to smoke.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Tic tacs don't necessarily get rid of cigarette breath... something stronger would; like a lifesaver.

It's amazing that most people I speak to on PC never want to smoke.

well, I mean if I could.
    maybe like... orbit. (MMMmmm... rasberry flavor :D)
    I dunno, either way I'm getting payed by gum companies.

in fact, most people know if thier parents caught them smoking would say (in more parental terms, though):

"WTF ARE YOU DOING?! GET THAT [bleeping] CIGARETTE OUT OF YOUR [bleeping] MOUTH BEFORE I [bleeping] GET IT OUT OF THERE FOR YOU! AND MAYBE WHILE I'M THERE, MAYBE I'LL [bleeping] DUCK TAPE YOUR [bleeping] MOUTH SO YOU WONT BE ABLE TO [bleeping] SMOKE AGAIN!!!1 YOU HEAR ME???"

why?
    do you want to smoke or something, Nica?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Whaaat no.

I never wanna smoke. It's too disgusting, and plus I was born with a hole in the heart soooo yeahh. Meaning, if I smoked, the hole could reopen up or something.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • My Chemistry teacher was renown for having the most horrible breath that you would ever smell on this earth!
    I didn't take Chemistry until I was a Junior, so every year until then I heard people complaining about that teacher's breath. Well, eventually I had the teacher myself and it was no lie.

She obviously smokes... and it just smelled horrible. Nobody would ever ask her any questions because she would come right up next to you and talk right by your nose. It was literally enough to make you gag.

Now that my little personal story is over...
    I'm not suprised that most people here would say that they never plan on smoking. In fact, most people in the world say that. However, it seems a lot of people will eventually fall prey to it. Between the exposure to other people doing it and the advertisements for it, who could blame them?

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I can't stand the smell of cigarettes, so I'd probably gag in an attempt to smoke one. The other day I was sitting at a table, downwind of a man who was smoking casually across the table for about forty minutes. It was enough to make my eyes water.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • ew, cigarettes ._.

I used to smoke for a while. Not like, avidly or anything, but I would light up every so often. I eventually stopped though after realizing how effing...gross it actually is, though. The smell was horrid, and I didn't want my voice to become all like, coarse and weak like alot of people who smoke. But that being said, I was never actually addicted or anything, so it wasn't that difficult for me to quit =/

Plus, knowing the fact that it could potentially end up killing you later on in life just kinda...drew me away from ever wanting to smoke again >_>

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I don't see the appeal in cigarettes. D: My aunt used to smoke for years and so did my grandmother. Apparently mom did too before I was born and quit when she was pregnant with me. I used to have killer allergies, so the smell of cigarette smoke used to really affect me, especially my asthma and stuff. I don't have those problems anymore, but the smell still bothers me so I tend to hold my breath every time I pass by someone smoking.

We used to go to Quebec every year to visit my grandmother and other family. I swear, everyone in the rural areas smoke cigarettes, because that's all I saw and smelled when I was there. >>;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    However, it seems a lot of people will eventually fall prey to it. Between the exposure to other people doing it and the advertisements for it, who could blame them?

People should be able to have self-control though, and prevent themselves from doing it. Like, if people can stop themselves from randomly undressing in streets, they can stop themselves from smoking. (Note: The undressing in streets is a completely random thought.)

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Smoking is a great pastime. You get to see your lungs turn purple, flip inside-out, and turn into grilled sausages... Then you die.

Well, it's not so fun for you - but you can't be so self-centered all the time.

People should be able to have self-control though, and prevent themselves from doing it. Like, if people can stop themselves from randomly undressing in streets, they can stop themselves from smoking. (Note: The undressing in streets is a completely random thought.)

Kneecaps, smoke for a year and then stop. Do it.

HAJIME

so's your face
    Years
  • Coffe and Baileys is full of win.

As for smoking - Am I the only one who thinks that it has other negatives that are FAR worse than it's health risks?

If my breath stunk and my teeth were yellow, I'd probably have to kill myself.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Coffe and Baileys is full of win.

As for smoking - Am I the only one who thinks that it has other negatives that are FAR worse than it's health risks?

If my breath stunk and my teeth were yellow, I'd probably have to kill myself.

You would die of cancer anyways.
    Smoking can give you just about every cancer there is, haha.

edit I'm having ice cubes for breakfast.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • At my school today someone got bit by a Brown Recluse Spider, and he was rushed to the doctor. Scary stuff i was like hell scared when i heard about a Brown Recluse

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • At my school today someone got bit by a Brown Recluse Spider, and he was rushed to the doctor. Scary stuff i was like hell scared when i heard about a Brown Recluse

Recluse is actually one of my favorite words.
    You're supposed to follow the conversation.

ACK NO! My ice is melting. Must eat faster.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I know. And to follow on. I love eating ice, it is just so....COLD xD

it gives me a thrill i can't feel anywhere else. I ate Chili once ( Because my granddad used to grow it until he past away, FROM SMOKING :( ) and then i ate it and it was so hot when i put ice in my mouth the ice was WARM

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I know. And to follow on. I love eating ice, it is just so....COLD xD

it gives me a thrill i can't feel anywhere else. I ate Chili once ( Because my granddad used to grow it until he past away :( ) and then i ate it and it was so hot when i put ice in my mouth the ice was WARM

The reason why the ice felt warm is because chili and other spicy foods activate the heat sensors in your mouth - everything seems hotter in your mouth. Nothing actually gets hotter, you only think it does. Though, that's weird. The ice should cool down your mouth enough so that your mouth feels both intense heat and cold.

I hate spicy food. It's disgusting.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Ooh, I love ice! x3 It's just so... icy. : DD

Honestly, I like Spicy foods, but they're not my favorite. I love things that are salty, I love salt. XD

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Vinegar is...weird i hate the taste it is so revolting. Only good on chips, but then again so is salt and ketchup and BBQ sauce xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back