• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Did you see the alternative ending to the movie? It was MUCH better. But apparently not many people liked it for some reason D: They actually added a scene in the alternative version, the girl says that the "Dark seekers" are evolving X3

Don't read the others D: They kinda suck. THE MOVIE LOOKS AMAZING! CEDRIC DIGGORY IS A SEXY BEAST! >D I am squealing with impatience for the movie [which is why I'm glad Harry Potter got bumped down to summer '09 to make way for Twilight! X3]

Oh what? Ew no. :x I don't like him. D:

I like the actors that Stephanie wanted to use to play the roles of Edward and others.

'cept she went by looks and not acting ability. XD;

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    I'm not too in-tune with the new Potter wanna-be books (and I mean that as politely as possible....right?) but isn't that new Twilight the one that got an 'F' in Entertainment Weekly? Which, to be honest isn't the best source of reviews, but any book that gets such a bad grade by a semi-believable magazine has to have some serious flaws. The only new book I've been reading is "Nightmares and Dreamscapes," a short story collection written by Stephen King, and I've been trying to get the time to reread Paolini's trash to see if it's got any redeemable qualities at all.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Oh hey, we had a release party for Breaking Dawn at the Barnes & Noble I work at. We were paaacked. D: But it's a book on my to-read list now. :3 The entire series, actually, along with Inkheart and a few others...

Also, I'm the only upper staff member online right now, whoo. \o/ *takes over PC and puts BeachBoy to work as a servant*
    Attempt thwarted. :(

I've read about half of the first Twilight book. I have to admit, I don't really like it. I'm only still reading it because my friend says the vampires play baseball and that sounds like it'll be funny. :| I probably won't bother with the other books after the first one. Though I do kind of want to read the last one because I hear it's like a really bad fanfic. :B

Who is Edward Cullen, and what in god's name is Twilight? I am so confused right now xD
    Edward Cullen is the main love interest in Twilight, which is a book.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Audy said:
    Also, I'm the only upper staff member online right now, whoo. \o/ *takes over PC and puts BeachBoy to work as a servant*
    gfhgjhvckjvgh! >:O

I've honestly never heard of Twilight. O_o; Suppose it's not my kinda book if I haven't found out. I might have to look into now that I have heard of it. XD; Although only book I want to read these days is Adrift, about the guy lost at sea for 76 days, seems interesting. :D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Well, I'm going to bed soon so if you don't tell anyone I let you, you can take over PC. I get dibs on HQ though and the default theme (or only theme :D) has to be Blossom Shower.

It's... well, the writing is okay it's just the content. @_@ The main character is a total mary sue (self-described as plain, yet ALL THE GUYS LOVE HER WHAT) and, according to my vampire-obsessed friends, the vampires in the novels aren't even near-accurate, if that makes any difference to you. The book is rather amusing if you read through it and assume the main character is on an acid trip, though. XD

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
    Years
    Am I, like, the only male Twilight fan evur?
    xD

Nope! Master is a Twilight fan ^.^ [which is good for him, 'cuz he knows how to act like Edward Cullen XDXD]

I can't believe there are people who don't actually know what Twilight is! @.@ Like... shouldn't they have at least HEARD about it from their friends?! It's a sad world... XD

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    Nope! Master is a Twilight fan ^.^ [which is good for him, 'cuz he knows how to act like Edward Cullen XDXD]

I can't believe there are people who don't actually know what Twilight is! @.@ Like... shouldn't they have at least HEARD about it from their friends?! It's a sad world... XD

I never even heard of Twilight or know that book T_T

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
    Years
    Not everyone knows that series y'know T_T

But it's such a popular series, I have to wonder how you can't have heard of it from your friends/acquaintances, or FaceBook XD They have an application called Bumper Sticker on there, and so many of the bumper stickers that you can send to your friends are about Twilight/Edward Cullen. =P Plus, with the movie coming out, it's hard not to hear about it.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I never even heard of Twilight or know that book T_T

I hadn't heard of the books either until my friends began raving about them a month or two ago. So far, the reviews I've come across on the books in question are all pretty positive, so I might give the series a chance at some stage in my life.

Right now I'm enjoying the sixth Artemis Fowl book. It's quite complicated and not as good as the Artemis Fowl saga was back in the day, but I'm not going to put it down until I finish it.

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    But it's such a popular series, I have to wonder how you can't have heard of it from your friends/acquaintances, or FaceBook XD They have an application called Bumper Sticker on there, and so many of the bumper stickers that you can send to your friends are about Twilight/Edward Cullen. =P Plus, with the movie coming out, it's hard not to hear about it.

I don't even have much friends to tell me about it T_T I'll know that series when the movie comes out.

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
    Years
    I hadn't heard of the books either until my friends began raving about them a month or two ago. So far, the reviews I've come across on the books in question are all pretty positive, so I might give the series a chance at some stage in my life.

Right now I'm enjoying the sixth Artemis Fowl book. It's quite complicated and not as good as the Artemis Fowl saga was back in the day, but I'm not going to put it down until I finish it.

In my opinion, only the first book is REALLY good. The last three in the series... they were worth reading, I guess. But they were kind of "Eh."

I never got in to Artemis Fowl for some reason. I started reading one of the books, but I stopped. I think it was a little too over-my-head at the time XD

My favorite series of all time is the Pendragon series. For some reason, it's not popular at ALL. Which is a shame, because it's so wonderful! The man who writes it has such a wonderful sense of humor, and is so good at the fast-paced action scenes. I love it. I wish he would make a movie out of it, but he says he's still unsure about the idea. The best part about the author [D.J. MacHale] is that if you e-mail him, he'll e-mail you back! HAHA. It's awesome. He's replied to the e-mail I sent him. [He told me he knew Jesse McCartney X3]

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    In my opinion, only the first book is REALLY good. The last three in the series... they were worth reading, I guess. But they were kind of "Eh."

I never got in to Artemis Fowl for some reason. I started reading one of the books, but I stopped. I think it was a little too over-my-head at the time XD

My favorite series of all time is the Pendragon series. For some reason, it's not popular at ALL. Which is a shame, because it's so wonderful! The man who writes it has such a wonderful sense of humor, and is so good at the fast-paced action scenes. I love it. I wish he would make a movie out of it, but he says he's still unsure about the idea. The best part about the author [D.J. MacHale] is that if you e-mail him, he'll e-mail you back! HAHA. It's awesome. He's replied to the e-mail I sent him. [He told me he knew Jesse McCartney X3]

The first book is Twilight, isn't it? I'll trust your recommendation and buy it. I've heard that the books after that were sort of suffering from the cliché virus, is that true?

The first Artemis Fowl book was way too fast for the following reasons; too many characters are introduced too quickly and the plot explodes midway through the book and if you don't want to lose track your sort of have to read it all in one sitting. Everything else was okay but from the fourth book onwards everything was way too surreal for me and that was when the saga truly lost its class.

You have no idea how much respect you have just gained from me for that piece on the Pendragon series. Damn, it has to be one of the most underrated books ever but they're still some of the greatest books I've ever had the privilege to read. I don't know what makes it so great, the fact that the author has managed to make so many crazy decisions with the plot that seem to be spiraling towards utter and mass destruction or the fact that he knows how to tie everything together at the end. Sadly for me, the books are only sold in America and not Ireland, so I have to buy them off Amazon and I still haven't managed to purchase Pilgrims of Rayne yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back