• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I always visit OT. Well, I only post in the H&H thread but meh, at least I go there. xD

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    When the WOFZ thread got closed, I started to post in TCTI. Then I got bored of even posting there now. I used to be really active in OT. Now...well, I just go there, not post there.

whispershadows

Dark eyes become divine
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 24, 2012
    Yahoo!! I'm so happy that its finally spring here. I swear, Ohio had the weirdest weather this year but now its spring and I'm ready for thunderstorms and lighting. How is everyone today?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Oh, I hope it was cold here too. But no, it has to be summer. Ahh, I should just enjoy my vacation! And maybe lose some weight along the way. :F

whispershadows

Dark eyes become divine
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 24, 2012
    How cold is it there? It's 63 degrees in Ohio right now pretty sure its gonna get warmer.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Whee, new DCC thread~

It's actually pretty nice up in Canada right now. A little chilly, but I'm sure it'll warm up by the afternoon. I'm so glad it's finally spring, winter's definitely my least favourite season, especially since I live in Canada. XD;

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It's 15 degrees Celsius (aka 60 degrees Fahrenheit for those inclined that way) in London at the moment, which is very nice for a British March.

Although it always feels like Spring comes much earlier than when it's dictated by the vernal equinox... same for all seasons really: it feels weird calling most of December 'Autumn' (yes, Autumn) due to Winter not starting until the 21st of the month. Feels like it's been Spring for a few weeks now!

Years
  • March 21st kinda creeped up on me.. I was about to go to bed, before I realized it was the 21st = Spring = New DCC. XD

The weather is almost perfect today. It's 70, but cloudy. :/

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Maybe that's on some other part of England. Can't say myself, I'm not in England.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • My sisters currently in England and she said its always raining there. Is that true?
    I wouldn't say it rained all the time but there is rain on-and-off all throughout the year. The more northern and western you are, the more likely it is that rain will be more frequent, due to the more mountainous nature of the terrain. In southern cities like London, there's comparatively little rainfall. According to Wikipedia, there's less rainfall in London on average per year than in Rome, Sydney or NYC, which surprised me to no end!

Years
  • I'd love to go to the mother country(England) to sight-see and travel. Lots of History and culture back there. I'm also Irish, so I have to go to Dublin for some Guinness. XD

Years
  • My sisters currently in England and she said its always raining there. I can't stand just the rain, I want thunderstorms :D

I wouldn't say it rained all the time but there is rain on-and-off all throughout the year. The more northern and western you are, the more likely it is that rain will be more frequent, due to the more mountainous nature of the terrain. In southern cities like London, there's comparatively little rainfall. According to Wikipedia, there's less rainfall in London on average per year than in Rome, Sydney or NYC, which surprised me to no end!

Pretty much what Mr Cat Dog said.
    My hometown is near Manchester in the North West and the weather up there, isn't exactly the greatest. It rains a lot up there, so that is maybe where you get the comment from.

England isn't exactly a haven for the sun, but the south has, normally, better weather.​

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    ...I don't think I know the temperature around this place. Maybe I should though. o3o

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'd love to go to the mother country(England) to sight-see and travel. Lots of History and culture back there. I'm also Irish, so I have to go to Dublin for some Guinness. XD
    In terms of sightseeing, England - and the rest of the UK for that matter - certainly has ample opportunities to do so. Scotland's probably better if you like looking at nice scenery (Wales too), but England has the edge in terms of castles and architecture, simply because there's more of it and a greater variety.

My parents went to Dublin on holiday for their 25th wedding anniversary and took a trip to the Guinness factory. At the end of the tour, they give you a free pint and it's apparently so much nicer there than at anywhere else in the world. My mum - who doesn't even like the stuff and drank out of politeness - was overwhelmed by how much she enjoyed it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back