• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well maybe one of my friends who is going might know what Angel Beats it, or maybe at least heard of it, but the other one who is trying to be an otaku doesn't. He's really only heard of the mainstream animes like Pokemon, One Piece, Dragonball Z etc.
    Dragonball Z. One of the only anime I refuse to watch :/

I'm betting a lot of people go dressed as a Pokemon character :x

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Cosplay can be pretty easy, just go as a guy in a generic school uniform...or someone like Keiichi from Higurashi.

Spoiler:

I'd rather get fabulous and go as Touga from Utena though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Cosplay can be pretty easy, just go as a guy in a generic school uniform...or someone like Keiichi from Higurashi.

Spoiler:

I'd rather get fabulous and go as Touga from Utena though.
    I would dress as him tho D:

Not very fancy, doesn't stand out much = less self-conscious-ness :D

His uniform is pretty spiffy as well! XD

Years
    Best part about that outfit is that you can be more than one character! Meet a guy who's totally into Evangelion? You're Shinji! Someone who loves A Certain Magical Index? You're Touma! There's probably a whole lot more I'm missing as well!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Best part about that outfit is that you can be more than one character! Meet a guy who's totally into Evangelion? You're Shinji! Someone who loves A Certain Magical Index? You're Touma! There's probably a whole lot more I'm missing as well!
    lol. Never thought about it like that XD

Are the majority of the people who go there dressed or not?

Years
    According to my ride, the con we went to was apparently on the smaller scale. It wasn't too bad on the crowded scale, but there were still decent sized groups scattered all over the place. Place was pretty spacious to begin with though, so that was nice.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    According to my ride, the con we went to was apparently on the smaller scale. It wasn't too bad on the crowded scale, but there were still decent sized groups scattered all over the place. Place was pretty spacious to begin with though, so that was nice.
    Spacious is nice. I'd rather not go if it's really crowded and hard to move around. I'm more of a claustrophobic person sadly D:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I don't really have the motivation to go to a big con, I only have one non normalfag irl friend and a sister who would go with me. Perhaps this is one for the future.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    The con I went to was more of a sci-fi thing, and I didn't really plan ahead. There were plenty of people dressed as anime characters, namely Naruto, and plenty of people dressed as Organisation XIII members, which I thought was really cool. It wasn't that great because I thought $20 would be enough to buy some food. Little did I know that it cost $20 to get in, so I pretty much was starved the whole day.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Anime conventions are so fun. I'll be going to AnimeNext. I love it when people ask me for photos. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back