• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I've never been to an anime con before. Well there was this one time, but it was more sci-fi nerdy stuff so I didn't really know anything there. I know there's one coming up in late July, so I'm planning on going to that and cosplaying and everything. it should be fun. :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I've never been to an anime con before. Well there was this one time, but it was more sci-fi nerdy stuff so I didn't really know anything there. I know there's one coming up in late July, so I'm planning on going to that and cosplaying and everything. it should be fun. :D
    I've never been cosplaying, and I don't think I would. I'm to self-conscious D:

Footy = Football = Soccer

And it did. ;____;

Holy crap, how is that even possible? D: *don't tell me*

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I've never cosplayed before, so I don't know what it's like. I can always imagine people thinking that I'll look ridiculous.
    Well, are you the only one who is going to be cosplaying? I'm thinking more than person is so you shouldn't stand out much :x

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2024
    I've never cosplayed before, so I don't know what it's like. I can always imagine people thinking that I'll look ridiculous.
    If you do get embarrassed, at least you'll never see most of those people ever again in your entire life. That, or at least they won't remember you. Just go all out :D

Years
    I tried to look as "normal" as possible, so collared shirts and jeans.

Honestly, anime cons aren't as fun as you'd expect them to be unless you're the kind of person who actively talks to new people [I'm not really]. That or you're cosplaying where everyone will want to take pictures of you. My experience from the one I went to.

But still, anime fans can be some of the nicest people in the world. I mean, consider some of the shows these people watch. You're among your own kind. Nobody is going to judge you as harshly as average everyday society.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Angel Beats! would be fun I guess, but if I went with friends, they'd be like "wuts an angel beats?" so yeah. Anyway, One of my friends wanted to go as Luffy just to ask someone something, another one wants to go as Zoro and I want to go as Sogeking/Usopp. :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I tried to look as "normal" as possible, so collared shirts and jeans.

Honestly, anime cons aren't as fun as you'd expect them to be unless you're the kind of person who actively talks to new people [I'm not really]. That or you're cosplaying where everyone will want to take pictures of you. My experience from the one I went to.

But still, anime fans can be some of the nicest people in the world. I mean, consider some of the shows these people watch. You're among your own kind. Nobody is going to judge you as harshly as average everyday society.
    That makes me want to go to one so badly! /wantstobeaccepted ;;

I'm not like that so I might have a hard time if I go to one :/

Years
    Unless all your friends watch is One Piece and stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if they knew what Angel Beats! was. It's working its way into mainstream like Haruhi and such.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Yup, Angel Beats! is coming up there. It's getting Eng. dub isn't it?

I'm thinking most of the people would be dressed as main stream anime characters tho :/

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    If I was a girl I would cosplay Tama from Bamboo blade. But I'm a guy so I have to cosplay somebody else. If I can cosplay.

The thing I hate about cosplayers is that the clothes always look like those cheap wall-mart clothes. The hair is always crap too.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Well maybe one of my friends who is going might know what Angel Beats it, or maybe at least heard of it, but the other one who is trying to be an otaku doesn't. He's really only heard of the mainstream animes like Pokemon, One Piece, Dragonball Z etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back