• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Ausaudriel said:
    I sometimes just ignore it all and hop around being a regular member
    Being a regular member has a certain appeal. :3 I suppose it's needed to be a staff member anyway, for risk of losing touch. :s

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I haven't been on the IRC lot's lately. As I usually regular the one that also corelates with the forum I mod. It is not as busy there, and the admins don't have to jump down to particularly do stuff all the time. But I'd say it was generally a good relation. Lol I suppose regular moderators probably have it lucky XD >.>

I suppose in the end, it's not to hard to get along, especially if everything is running smoothly. Or What have you. But we still love you guys! XD

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Indeed, you are more free on what to say (to some extent of course). The mods merely have to delete it.

I like being the "regular member" type on the other forum too, as other people appreciate you more that way. Like that instead, of being some behind the curtains, only moderate type of moderator...

It's an interesting medium, of which not all mods can find, which is fair, as it depends on the sort of medium, but as long as people like what is going on then that's fine too.

Each mod just finds their niche.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Ausaudriel said:
    All of us, with the exceptions of former community site owners (PPN, mewthree), started out as members... which I think is something a lot of people forget. XD; They get all "omg the staff is corrupt the staff is elitist blah blah blah" but it's like... we were good members who thought we could make the forum better, and through working hard in various positions got promoted etc. etc. It has nothing to do with power, for me it's just wanting to do stuff to make PC more fun for people.
    I totally agree. o.o; That's a very admirable way to look at things, imo. ^^

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023

I consider staffers to be members first and foremost, actually. All of my staff duties come secondary, but unfortunately not everyone thinks like that. >_<

All of us, with the exceptions of former community site owners (PPN, mewthree), started out as members... which I think is something a lot of people forget. XD; They get all "omg the staff is corrupt the staff is elitist blah blah blah" but it's like... we were good members who thought we could make the forum better, and through working hard in various positions got promoted etc. etc. It has nothing to do with power, for me it's just wanting to do stuff to make PC more fun for people.

Quoted for the truth! I was selected because of my help, and was more than glad to further give my aid (Bad Jared bad!).

Isn't there some movie quote about the wrong use of power or rather how they're doing it wrong? XD

Years

I consider staffers to be members first and foremost, actually. All of my staff duties come secondary, but unfortunately not everyone thinks like that. >_<

Well... lots of members think this way because they don't make themselves aware of how old the site is.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Ausaudriel said:
    I never censor myself at all, even as a staffer. I try not to act any differently than I would if I were a member, which actually has gotten me into some hot water at times because I think a lot of PC's rules are too strict. :/ Like, I post in threads that probably should be locked under the rules, but I don't think they're hurting anything so I leave them be. Then I get angry PMs from mods/s-mods being like "omg why didn't you close that >:O", though most people are used to me by now and don't even bother with the PMs anymore. xD;
    XD I try my best to stay in line, personally. :s I'm not big on breaking the rules. XD;

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023

I never censor myself at all, even as a staffer. I try not to act any differently than I would if I were a member, which actually has gotten me into some hot water at times because I think a lot of PC's rules are too strict. :/ Like, I post in threads that probably should be locked under the rules, but I don't think they're hurting anything so I leave them be. Then I get angry PMs from mods/s-mods being like "omg why didn't you close that >:O", though most people are used to me by now and don't even bother with the PMs anymore. xD;

The forum I'm at, I think is a tiny bit more "business-like" (or serious). Because I am actually helping a company. As for the rules stuff, it does say in the ToS and such, that rules are of the discretion of the mods etc. So it is your interpretation of them. I suppose it only communication that would improve that, perhaps. We have a weekly meeting in IRC too.

I wouldn't want to close something either, if I didn't know if it should have been closed to begin with, especially if it was legitimate. Sometimes it is best just to wait for the mod to clarify it, or something like that.

Even better, coming to a consensus, for a reported post, that is borderline.

Years
    I'm stuck watching Dora the Explorer because my mom took the remote to the neighbor's. And there is this ledge thing on the entertainment center that is in the way of the TV. I wonder if my Toshiba remote will work on this JVC...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    [jq]Anyways... since I can't think of anything valuable to add to the current discussion... I've spent 10 minutes trying to type this post and come with something to discuss. Nica and Gym keep distracting me.[/jq]Wut. Was I even paying attention to the convo then? XD;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back