• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I don't get on facebook enough to get addicted to the applications. A while back, when I first joined, I got kinda hooked. But then, I stared losing interest because I didn't get the same enjoyment from them as I did playing a real video game.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I liked Facebook's Poker application at first (zy something if I recall), but now there are like points and experience etc for everything... It's like having a billion ads of itself. Their latest thing is that you can win an x-box 360, by participating in 3 rounds of poker. I made it to the 2nd round and lost, and the only way to get back into the 2nd round, is to use gold coins you've collected... Now of course the gold coins obtained are those that can be purchased with real money... Reminds me of the time a coworker of mine spent like probably $100 for a stuffed animal at one of those carnival games for his girlfriend... If ever I played those types of games, I'd just play one game... Or indeed have some kind of set limit (like $5...)

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    I liked Facebook's Poker application at first (zy something if I recall), but now there are like points and experience etc for everything... It's like having a billion ads of itself. Their latest thing is that you can win an x-box 360, by participating in 3 rounds of poker. I made it to the 2nd round and lost, and the only way to get back into the 2nd round, is to use gold coins you've collected... Now of course the gold coins obtained are those that can be purchased with real money... Reminds me of the time a coworker of mine spent like probably $100 for a stuffed animal at one of those carnival games for his girlfriend... If ever I played those types of games, I'd just play one game... Or indeed have some kind of set limit (like $5...)

gah, that's why I stopped playing mafia wars.
    You need those lame gold coins to be able to replenish your staminia and what not...

I'd never spend money on that type of stuff. Waste...

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
    ...Japanese late night tv is freaking weird... I'm watching this show, not really sure what it is, with these people kind of competing, trying to guess... Well, whatever the answer to the topic they're discussing is, I guess. They ring in to guess by touching a conch shell in front of them, which sounds a conch horn sound. I guess that's kind of the theme, since the background on their set is covered in kittens blowing conch horns. Anway, the thing they were trying to guess just now is the additional function of a commercially available bra that has clasps in both the front and back... It turns out that it splits into two gas masks. Not the sick masks you normally see in Japan, actual gas masks (apparently); they even showed pictures of gas masks when explaining it.

...Yeah, Japanese tv is weird.

Syrex

Years
    ...Japanese late night tv is freaking weird... I'm watching this show, not really sure what it is, with these people kind of competing, trying to guess... Well, whatever the answer to the topic they're discussing is, I guess. They ring in to guess by touching a conch shell in front of them, which sounds a conch horn sound. I guess that's kind of the theme, since the background on their set is covered in kittens blowing conch horns. Anway, the thing they were trying to guess just now is the additional function of a commercially available bra that has clasps in both the front and back... It turns out that it splits into two gas masks. Not the sick masks you normally see in Japan, actual gas masks (apparently); they even showed pictures of gas masks when explaining it.

...Yeah, Japanese tv is weird.

I have never watched anything japanese... 'cept for Ninja warrior...

That's too weird for me.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    There's not too many Japanese programs or shows that I would watch tbh. Other than movies of course, they make awesome movies such as the original "The Ring".

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
    Japan doesn't really have game shows; I think you're talking about male-oriented variety shows. They're similar to game shows, but the contestants are usually comedians that do the show for a living, and the only prize is bragging rights... Though sometimes, there are batsu games (events where you're punished for failure). For example, in a popular batsu game on Haneru no Tobira the cast dress up in bug costumes and take on physical challenges. If you mess up, two ladies in spider suits will hold you down, eat something nasty-smelling, then breathe on your face. I'm not even exaggerating that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt8e2evIBlA

The show actually has stuff like sketch comedy as well, but the bug segment is so popular that they even made a Wii game based on it!

Syrex

Years
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Mhmm, I dunno, I think they really implement the chill factor in their films well. The Japanese Ring is far more creepy than the Hollywood version.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Hm.. I dunno why, I'm just not interested in Japanese things that much...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Me neither. But japanese horror movies are a special thing. Usually better than american horror films.

Though japanese horror movies that get adapted into english, like Dark Water and The Ring, are often better in English, I think.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Me neither. But japanese horror movies are a special thing. Usually better than american horror films.

Though japanese horror movies that get adapted into english, like Dark Water and The Ring, are often better in English, I think.
    I've seen this one Japanese one I think. The Godzilla ones I saw on Sci fi xD

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Like a lot of you guys have said, I'm not a fan of japanese movies. I've never really seen one, but I don't see the point of watching one instead of just going out and watching a normal english movie. Although I have to say, 'Godzilla' got me pretty intrigued for awhile. ^^;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back