• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Yeah but to what end? You pay off your house and then... you pay for renovations. Is there anything past that?
    The game should be right up your alley. Full of completely useless stuff to collect and do for the sake of artificially lengthening it :p

I dunno... it's just cute, fun, and relaxing. When I think of the series or play the games paying off debt isn't what comes to mind. Visiting other towns, visiting the city, the island, the special events that occur on certain days of the year and the items you gather from that, your animal friends move away and you make new ones, sending letters to the animals and having them right back, doing favours, talking to the animals for funny banter, completing the museum collection, keeping up with your gardening, the NES games in the GCN version, listening to K.K. Slider and collecting his bootleg discs.

There is a heck of a lot to do. Is any of it important? No. But neither is paying off your debt. No reason you can't just stay in a tiny house (although you miss out on a bigger store too as a result).

The game is whatever you want it to be. I like to make patterns and do favours, but my brother likes to collect fish and bugs.

It's not something you can playing consistently, but something you return to in-between games. Stick around for about a week, leave, come back later and see what's different.

Just tastes I suppose. Between The Sims, Harvest Moon, and Animal Crossing - one of them probably appeals to you.

Years
    I haven't played Animal Crossing in awhile. Sure, it was repetitive, but it was fun. It wasn't terribly complicated, and I could make a house! It was also fun to see how much I could collect, too. :D

I had Wild World, but ended up giving it to my sister, because I didn't play it anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if she'd lost or sold it. Not like I mind, though. It was fun, but nothing I want to play anytime soon. Guess I'm burnt out.

Even light-hearted games have room for kleptomaniac heroes. They just have to be more subtle about things.

...you just HAD to link to TVTropes, didn't you?

Don't you know people lose DAYS in there?? >:(

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I don't like Animal Crossing because it is repetitive.. but, I don't mind Harvest Moon at all.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016

It's not normal for a website to be that addictive. I once spent two hours there without thinking. Evil...

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015

I did what I had to do, Sammi.

Also, I know first-hand just how huge of a time sink it is. While I haven't actually spent days reading through it, I've still spent large amounts of time that probably would have been better spent doing other things; at least it's somewhat educational, though.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    No one has posted for over an hour. It is a new surprise. :P

Whats everyone up too?

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
    Years
    Animal crossing was fun.
    The first game, for a little bit.
    And then the second game came out.
    And the only difference was that you started the game in a Taxi, and had two screens to play on.

I haven't gone near the third game.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    All I know about harvest moon is that...I think you can buy ostriches? Or is that animal crossing? =O

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I just bought Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility for Wii. It is fun, like all the other HM games. :P Ostriches are fun to ride on. <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back