• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Seriously guys? My first game was Pokemon Gold.
    Then Final Fantasy VII, when the discs weren't $200.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The first game I ever played was Baldur's Gate, followed closely by StarCraft, Diablo II, and Pokémon Silver.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    wtf are you talking about? gtfo. Pokémon Yellow was awesome! >:D

Most kids that got it just flashed through the game and fought Brock with Pikachu and not a double kick nidoran.

Years
    Most kids that got it just flashed through the game and fought Brock with Pikachu and not a double kick nidoran.
    Butterfree's confusion works, too, but I'm really not much on keeping either of them on my team. I don't find any useful pokemon other than my starter until after Rock Tunnel, lol (like Gastly, Eevee, Staryu, and legendaries).

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Butterfree's confusion works, too, but I'm really not much on keeping either of them on my team. I don't find any useful pokemon other than my starter until after Rock Tunnel, lol (like Gastly, Eevee, Staryu, and legendaries).
    But butterfree is only good between level 10-15. Nidoking is actually pretty good, seeing as how he learns great moves and has good rounded stats.

I miss my third gen games. But I miss my second gen games more.

Ah, the good ol' days.

The Missingno. days as well?

Years
    But butterfree is only good between level 10-15. Nidoking is actually pretty good, seeing as how he learns great moves and has good rounded stats.
    Meh, I'm picky. :P Like I said, I don't keep Butterfree either.
    The Missingno. days as well?
    Actually, that was fun to tinker around with, but I'm glad there's not a hole that big in the new games, unless you want to count tweaking or RNG abuse.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Is it me, or is it that with every single pokemon game that comes out, the gym leaders are seemingly weaker?

Or it could be that we've gotten more experienced and thus don't find them as much of a challenge anymore?

Cause in FR/LG Sabrina wan't that hard at all...

I always thought that Erika in G/S/C was too easy since there was a moderate amount of physically strong pokemon that could learn flying moves. And Crasher Wake was an ass with his Floatzel. My torterra never saw the ice fang coming ;;

It's because psychics were actually weak to ghost types. Before, they were immune, and they didn't have the physical/special split to hinder them.
    Basically, back then, they were weak to the weakest type in the game.

Years
    I'm fairly sure most of the gym leaders have lower levels in FR/LG than the originals, so that's one difference. Off the top of my head, Sabrina's Alakazam used to be LV 50, and now it's LV 43 :/ Also, Giovanni's Rhydon was reduced to a second Rhyhorn.

So yeah.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'm fairly sure most of the gym leaders have lower levels in FR/LG than the originals, so that's one difference. Off the top of my head, Sabrina's Alakazam used to be LV 50, and now it's LV 43 :/ Also, Giovanni's Rhydon was reduced to a second Rhyhorn.

So yeah.
    R/B/Y was actually pretty hard in some cases. But I still fail to see why the stupid bug trainers don't evolve their level 12 weedle's. Oh, and Firered sucked because you couldn't get crobat as soon as you get golbat. :(
    I'm not gonna lie when I say that the fourth generation's E4 was actually pretty tough. I think that, besides facing your rival(was it?) in G/S/C, she's the hardest champion to date.

Cynthia knew what to have. Togekiss, Spiritomb, Lucario, Milotic, and Uberchomp all kicked my ass when I didn't level grind.
    But what is a fire trainer doing with Lopunny, Drifblim, and Steelix? I'm all for diversity, but this is supposed to be a mono-type challenge.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017

R/B/Y was actually pretty hard in some cases. But I still fail to see why the stupid bug trainers don't evolve their level 12 weedle's. Oh, and Firered sucked because you couldn't get crobat as soon as you get golbat. :(

Cynthia knew what to have. Togekiss, Spiritomb, Lucario, Milotic, and Uberchomp all kicked my ass when I didn't level grind.
    But what is a fire trainer doing with Lopunny, Drifblim, and Steelix? I'm all for diversity, but this is supposed to be a mono-type challenge.

They want you to suffer.

I found the E4 easy.

/had legends and 30 revives and hyper potions

Years
    In Platinum, the E4 really kicked my ass...twice. The battle I had with Cynthia was soooooo epic, omg I will never forget that one <3

On a side note, I have never fully completed (aside from Pearl and Platinum) a Pokemon game before! Oh, and half the people that say Johto was the best reason havnt completed it either XD

Fruit

Fruit~ay!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    I don't use legends for the E4. Just level-ground OUs and lots and lots of Full Restores. I never really buy anything throughout the game, so it's not a major issue to buy a hundred or more. *shrug*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back