• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Christians Inferno, shush. Cheaters don't usually end up on top, they usually fail. If your only source for that claim is your school/college/job/whatever, shush again. Hard work always gets the top awards, for example: Bill Gates, Oprah etc. But I'm getting off the subject by going off into jobs. Have you ever seen a student fail every subject because he tried his hardest? I'd like to see you say yes.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    On the last week of class, yes haha. More and more universities/colleges are leaning towards self-learning, so as a matter of fact, learning outside of class via just a textbook is common, especially for a professor who can't teach effectively.

Finally, as I stated earlier, the exceptions I mentioned are typically people who study seriously only on the final due to the weight %. It depends on course to course, but if it's one where you just memorize a lot of stuff, and you end up doing well on the final because you can memorize well, I'd have to disagree with your initial statement then. Memorizing is just not the definition of being smart (and hardly doing the bulk of the "work"); it's only a partial aspect.
    Really, anyone can memorise something and write it down. But what a lot of people tend to do is forget it when the test is finished and they pass. People that learn it, not memorise it, usually remember it.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    Unfortunately, that is true. :/

However, in the end they usually always fall.

Usually...
    Our last president made it out unscathed...
    This term we've been 'assigned' a smarter idiot. :3

Christians Inferno, shush. Cheaters don't usually end up on top, they usually fail. If your only source for that claim is your school/college/job/whatever, shush again. Hard work always gets the top awards, for example: Bill Gates, Oprah etc. But I'm getting off the subject by going off into jobs. Have you ever seen a student fail every subject because he tried his hardest? I'd like to see you say yes.

Would you like to go on with that list of yours?
    And it's stupid to assume that a persons educational institute would inform a student of something of the sort; why would they want to raise another band of cheaters?

And no, I've never seen someone fail upon trying their hardest.

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen today

Would you like to go on with that list of yours?
    And it's stupid to assume that a persons educational institute would inform a student of something of the sort; why would they want to raise another band of cheaters?

I was meaning have you seen other schools instead of your own, to backup your claims.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    From what I have heard, Zardari..um, yeah. :| I don't think I can express my feelings in words.

I love you Steve.
    Everyone I know here is planning to move...
    He's trying to save as much as he can in these 4 years, he know's he won't come back; prices are rising like hell, and jobs still pay the same..

I was meaning have you seen other schools instead of your own, to backup your claims.

Why do I even need 'schools' to backup up my claim?
    What Steve said..

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
    Really, anyone can memorise something and write it down. But what a lot of people tend to do is forget it when the test is finished and they pass. People that learn it, not memorise it, usually remember it.

Very true. The generalities you make almost always hold, and I don't doubt that at all. I just listed some exceptions that I can anticipate (and have seen before).

Oh, this happens from time to time. Trust me...

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    Wasn't talking to you, but k. Maybe I was wrong, I accept that. But it probably caries to where you are in the world.

It's about what happens collectively; what dominates the world as one. O_O
    I wasn't referring to a particular community... :3

Oh, this happens from time to time. Trust me...

Of course it does, It's just that I've never seen it happen.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Very true. The generalities you make almost always hold, and I don't doubt that at all. I just listed some exceptions that I can anticipate (and have seen before).
    And I've seen before, too. Society is too big for it to be an uncommon thing, nowadays. A lot of kids are getting slack, and the fact is, even if they are smart, a lot of them don't try.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years

I know hat you mean :/ There was this one kid in my class that wanted to be funny, so on his test he just wrote the alphabet.
    That's just idiotic. Sacrificing grades that could help in the future for your self image of looking funny is what a no-brained kid would do.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    And I've seen before, too. Society is too big for it to be an uncommon thing, nowadays. A lot of kids are getting slack, and the fact is, even if they are smart, a lot of them don't try.

Most of them don't till it matters, or till it is really important for them..

I know hat you mean :/ There was this one kid in my class that wanted to be funny, so on his test he just wrote the alphabet.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back