• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I live in Adelaide, South Australia and it's been 09' for over 16 hours. And I use Delibird's Delivery.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    You must be getting tired of hearing happy new years, what with it happening 16 hours ago for you.
    EDIT: Referring to Kishoku.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Isn't there some point where there are two time zones next to each other that are a full day different from one another? That must be weird...hopping from one time zone to the next and losing and gaining days in a matter of seconds =P

And I'm using delibird's delivery since it's so darn awesome =D

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm going to pretend I read the majority of the DCC since I left and state that I'm using Bewitched right now, but I switch styles so many times throughout the day it's not even funny.

...Really, it's not. :|

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    You must be getting tired of hearing happy new years, what with it happening 16 hours ago for you.
    EDIT: Referring to Kishoku.

It's getting quite annoying, yeah. But... whatever. And I'm 30 minutes behind you, Malyka.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I believe you are referring to the international date line, located somewhere next to New Zealand.
    You can either gain a day or lose one from what I have heard.
    EDIT: Referring to Aurafire.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I believe you are referring to the international date line, located somewhere next to New Zealand.
    You can either gain a day or lose one from what I have heard.
    EDIT: Referring to Aurafire.

Yeah that's what I thought. It seems like that would cause some confusion for neighboring towns and such, unless it's postitioned so that the time change has a minimal effect on most people =P

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    It's getting quite annoying, yeah. But... whatever. And I'm 30 minutes behind you, Malyka.

Yeah that's kind of lame. XD Half and hour. D:

I'm using PC Pro - Blue Edition. (b'-')b [/late fact]

w00t!

It's 2009 (for me)!

EDIT: I've heard Australia has some pretty strange timezones, isn't there one that is only a quarter hour?

Happy New Years for you. And as Kishoku has stated. XD

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Yeah that's what I thought. It seems like that would cause some confusion for neighboring towns and such, unless it's postitioned so that the time change has a minimal effect on most people =P

It's located in the Pacific ocean. I doubt there's any thing close to it aside from a few islands, but I know what you meant.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The entirety of New Zealand is located to one side of the line, so time changes have little to no effect on the populace.

If you really want problems with time changes, try hopping from American Samoa to Fiji or Tonga and back.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    The entirety of New Zealand is located to one side of the line, so time changes have little to no effect on the populace.

If you really want problems with time changes, try hopping from American Samoa to Fiji or Tonga and back.

I'd imagine that that is the most logical way to construct the time zones anyway.

I should go do that, just for the feeling that I might be time traveling....even though it would be nothing close to time travel =/

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Time zones used to be much more confusing back then. It wasn't until like a century ago when they finally made sense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back