• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [Summer or Winter Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    It's why I don't post here either, Nica. Every time I come here, the same thing's being discussed.
    *goes back to CS DCC* :/

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Maybe the same should be also be done for the next DCC? I know of a lot of more successful chat threads, but I kept wondering, how? Is it maybe... user awareness?

Years
    Maybe the same should be also be done for the next DCC? I know of a lot of more successful chat threads, but I kept wondering, how? Is it maybe... user awareness?

I just edited the announcement I made about the DCC, go read! :D

It seems like a multitude of things. Personally, I think the major dagger has been the revamp of the IRC channel, and if you look at the sheer number of posts here, it dropped off when we started the IRC back up.

Years
    At least this isn't as dead as the Trade Corner Daily Chit Chat...

What types of topics were usually discussed here in the past?

Pretty much everything that doesn't fall under another forum's jurisdiction. So, pretty much anything. Your day, what you've been doing, what's going on in the world, etc.

*Points at new announcement*

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years

Pretty much everything that doesn't fall under another forum's jurisdiction. So, pretty much anything. Your day, what you've been doing, what's going on in the world, etc.

*Points at new announcement*
    Yeeeeah, I saw that after I posted X_X

Speaking of stuff that's going on in the world, what does everyone think about the insane weather the US (and probably other countries) has been having lately?

Years
    Speaking of stuff that's going on in the world, what does everyone think about the insane weather the US (and probably other countries) has been having lately?

The weather is nuts right now. Two days ago it was 95 degrees here and incredibly hot. Today it's 55, overcast and cold. Personally I prefer it that way. XD

As for the Hurricanes, I hope we don't have anymore big ones. D: Thankfully hurricane season has been kinda quiet the past few years, ever since Katrina hit in '05

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    It has. We've really been lucky. I hope this means we wont get more major hurricanes, Irene was bad enough.

Years
    I've always been a little mystified how people can live in places that get hurricanes and tornadoes and other extreme weather like that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    So have I. I always wonder how people live down in the carribbean and get clobbered by hurricanes or in Tornado Alley and have to go down to the basement all the time, and every time, they've got to repair their house and stuff, how do they afford it?.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    When I was a kid (and living in the midwest), I would always go down to the basement whenever there was a storm. We never actually got hit by a tornado, but my little self always felt safer down there. I could never live in Florida though. I don't like the climate and I don't like the hurricanes.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah oceans are great. In New Jersey I used to go to the shore all the time just to be there because the ocean is so great.

It's definitely not a "once you're seen it, you've seen it" kind of thing. :(

Years
    Yeah oceans are great. In New Jersey I used to go to the shore all the time just to be there because the ocean is so great.

It's definitely not a "once you're seen it, you've seen it" kind of thing. :(

Agreed. It's beautiful regardless how many times you've seen it. I always wondered what it'll be like to live in a beach house.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back