• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dark Knight Rises

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • A long script doesn't bother me. I can sit through 12 hours of it if it's good. And it's Nolan, so it will be.

But! Alberto's presence doesn't have to indicate a heavy role or the Holiday Killer. The other mafia family member are represented in the other movies, but I don't consider them the lead villains.

I'm tempted to say maybe he's there because of a gang war between Falcone and Maroni now that Batman is out of the picture. Would provide a backdrop. It's what they wanted in TDK. It's why they enlisted the Joker's help. The mob suffered a major blow in the last film and will want to regain turf. But.... pretty sure Sal Maroni is dead and that he doesn't have a son.

So, there goes that theory.

Catwoman, if she ends up being Catwoman and not just Selina, I hope won't be a villain. But an ally.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Risking the double post, but oh well.

Correction to what we were talking about earlier. Levitt is in, but he's not playing Falcone - according to Entertainment Weekly.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It's interesting which 'close source to the production' we're to believe: Variety's or EW's. Maybe they're both wrong and some Hollywood Reporter 'close source' is going to break with the exclusive news that he's playing the Riddler! Then the fanboys would just go UP in arms!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I thought Nolan said Riddler won't be in it?

Anyway, why is it assumed these guys are all villains? Can't someone have a small part? Or be on the police force or something?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I thought Nolan said Riddler won't be in it?
    Yeah, I was just joking with the above comment. The resulting melee if that story did break in the way I described would probably just lead to the destruction of the Internet or something similar. The OUTRAGE!

Anyway, why is it assumed these guys are all villains? Can't someone have a small part? Or be on the police force or something?
    The rumours seem to be circling around Selina Kyle/Catwoman not really being a villain, but those ones are unclear at best. The Juno Temple role is being sorta confirmed as simply a 'smart girl on the street helping Batman' type dealy, so the only 'confirmed' villain at this point is Hardy as Bane... (unless he ends up helping Batman as well in some SHOCKING TWIST!)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • But Selina will be Catwoman, pretty sure. Hathaway seems to be under that impression at least.

But again, that doesn't have to imply villain. Catwoman was around since the beginning. Maybe in this movie she'll just be called "The Cat" again. Anti-hero, not villain. Kinda Robin Hood like and filling in while Batman's away.

Also... just for fun... how about the angle of Selina being Falcone's daughter?

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • i wonder if they casted anne hathaway to attract the female audience?

i'm way more interested in catwoman than selina just like how i'm way more interested in batman than bruce wayne.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Anti-hero sounds on the money for Ms. Hathaway, from what I've heard (hey, I might have my own 'close source to the production!) Allows her to fulfil both sides of the Catwoman persona. She could just be some sort of 're-imagining' of the character to allow her to fight alongside Batman in some form or another. The Robin Hood analogy is definitely a one to consider! It also lessens the perceived over-villainous traits all the rumours seem to be suggesting thus far.

As for Hathaway's casting: while I don't think more women will come flocking to TDKR for the chance to see Princess Mia alongside the Dark Knight, it certainly doesn't hurt to have an actress perceived to be very likeable as Hathaway (especially after the Oscar debacle where she came out relatively unscathed in comparison to Franco). However, I imagine men will come out in droves to get a chance to see her in a Catwoman outfit - if indeed it is required as part of the role!

WriteThemWrong

Years
  • However, I imagine men will come out in droves to get a chance to see her in a Catwoman outfit - if indeed it is required as part of the role!
    and how did that turn out in the last catwoman movie? halle berry while sexy in a catwoman outfit, made a lame movie.

i want more than a pretty girl, someone tough and interesting, devious even, like catwoman. that's it: lindsay lohan!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The failure of Catwoman shouldn't all be placed on Berry's shoulders: it was a rotten film on all levels from direction, writing, cinematography, special effects you name it! But despite the catastrophic word of mouth that preceded it, it did as well as it did ($82 million at the worldwide box office - not enough to recoup its production costs, but nothing to sneeze at either) probably due to male fantasies about Berry in that suit.

I can only assume that with the phenomenally good reputation Nolan's previous two films have achieved in giving extraordinary buzz to TDKR, Hathaway-as-Catwoman won't be perceived as simply Catwoman 2. At least I hope not.

Years
  • I'm liking the idea of Levitt being the younger Falcone, just like the article mentioned. Nolan has a thing for the realistic villains, and Alberto Falcone is a perfect antithesis to Batman and what Gotham's dark knight represents.

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
    Years
  • I'm very interested in the fact that Nolan (as far as we know atm) have chosen characters that have already seen screen time. Bane needs redemption, I won't deny it, but we already had one VERY good Cat-women. (I have not seen the Hally Berry movie, so I can only draw on speculation that it was terrible). Granted, Nolan has done wonders. I never would of though that Jack Nickelson's adaptation of the Joker could be beat (although I still somewhat adore the Animated Joker voiced by Mark Hamill), but I was proven wrong. It would be kind of interesting to see a character that just hasn't had screen time yet. Although if the Holiday Killer rumors are true, does that mean Calendar Man may also make an apperence?

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    Apparently Entertainment Weekly is contradicting the Variety article saying Gordon-Levitt is not going to be playing Falcone. So we're back to square one for him: WHO IS HE? T^T

However, there have been rumors and confirmation about some of them that plot details have been leaked to the web. Anyone else hear of these plot leaks?

Years
  • Apparently Entertainment Weekly is contradicting the Variety article saying Gordon-Levitt is not going to be playing Falcone. So we're back to square one for him: WHO IS HE? T^T

However, there have been rumors and confirmation about some of them that plot details have been leaked to the web. Anyone else hear of these plot leaks?

Awww man. D:

Hmm, I'd love to hear them. I'm dying to see this movie pretty much.

WriteThemWrong

Years
  • if the plot was leaked i wouldn't want to read it anyways. i'm pretty sure i'm going to go see it when it comes out so why would i want to ruin it for myself?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • If a plot had been leaked, the fanboys would have known about it by now and either denounced it as a fake or thrust it into the spotlight for the world to look upon. If anyone can remember, how many plot details were known about The Dark Knight at around this time before production, as I imagine Nolan will probably release a similar amount to that film?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Read something interesting from Gary Oldman.

This might not be Nolan's final Batflick. Oldman doesn't necessarily take Nolan at this word anyway. He says he doesn't know if Nolan really means it or if he using it to gain some weight in future negotiations.

Like, "let me film this movie that I want now, and I'll give you Batman later". He did this after Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and we got the Prestige and Inception. With BB and TDK he said he's not sure he'd return. And then he took a little break to film something else. And then he came back.

So, Oldman's not sure. And apparently Bale and the rest of the cast want to know though because they don't want to return without Nolan.

At the very least, we know it's the end of a trilogy according to Nolan and Pfister

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    I hope he continues to do the Batman movies. He's given us the most consistently great Batman movies... actually, consistently great comic-based movies in general... in the history of Hollywood. I hope he continues to. But if he's no longer passionate about the projects, he should leave it to one who is.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I don't know if I would even want another set of Batman movies, at least straight away that is. Warner Brothers would ideally want Batman films coming out of their ears if the box-office could be achieved without any form of diminishing returns, but fans may grow tiresome if the current Nolan legacy gets tainted by a new version on the scale of Batman & Robin. Although the current reboot culture going on in the industry - combined with flagging box office receipts that isn't a sequel or anything based on a known quantity - means another Batman film may happen after TDKR, with or without Nolan. Lord knows I don't want this to turn the way of Superman, Spider-Man or poor, poor Hulk (3 TIMES! THREE!).

However, I'm doubtful at this stage as to whether Nolan is being serious. In interviews up until now, he had always been cautious on the possibility of doing a third film at all (didn't he say something like 'name a film trilogy where the third is the best' or something along those lines?). Maybe the plan was always to do two, and WB simply bankrolled Inception to make sure he came back for a third one? As a filmmaker as well, I don't know if he'd want to be tied down to a franchise for as long as he has been - Nolan was hired to work on BB in January 2003, so it'll be nearly 10 years by the time Nolan's through with just these three.

All I'll say is that I'm sceptical at best.

WriteThemWrong

Years
  • I thought Nolan made it clear, these Batman movies would be a trilogy, or at least his role in them. I could go for more Batman movies, but I'm not a fan of Christian Bale so if the do make more I seriously hope they cast someone else, like how they did it in Spider-man.

Still waiting on a Justice League movie...

Last edited:
    Back