• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dark Knight Rises

Years
  • IGN said:
    Regardless, expect the movie to feature at least some scenes outside of Gotham. Nolan has reportedly scouted locations in Asia, suggesting a return to the League of Assassins perhaps...? New Orleans has also been named as a possible location. Scouting in Romania is probably due to the need for a new Batcave set. Definitely expect Batman to make use of the rebuilt Wayne Manor and Batcave in this sequel, as well as the inevitable new suit and other gadgets cooked up by Lucius Fox.

Evidently there was filming in Asia somewhere, leading the brass at IGN to believe that The league of Shadows, or more specifically, Raz, will be have a prominent role in TDKR. Hmmm.

Hydreigon

R a w r
    Years
  • Not sure if this has been mentioned explicitly though, but I was looking over material for TDKR and found this:

"The Dark Knight Rises (aka MAGNUS REX & FOX HILLS GREEN) - Mid June, 2011 - India & London, UK & New York, NY & Pittsburgh, PA; STORY: As Batman deals with his new status as a wanted vigilante, Dr. Hugo Strange, a villainous psychiatrist, concocts a plan to destroy him and become the new Batman. (Posted: June 17, 2010. Revised: April 14, 2011)"
    Strange wants to become the new Batman? I know that as Bane, that was his MO, but I wonder how exactly Nolan will pull that off.

Oh and, Here's the Lazarus Pits, from the filming in India.
    PHOcMYrRgKhISU_1_m.jpg

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    He looks a tad like Hannibal Lecter. Not gonna lie. Just on steroids :x

Also: just read that it's confirmed that Gordon-Levitt plays some kind of cop.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • The more I read the more upset I become because it doesn't seem like it would mesh with Nolan's established universe. He's great at fantasy grounded in reality, so I'm also very interested to how he pulls it off. But drug-induced super-human strength and resurrection may be pushing it.

Years
  • The more I read the more upset I become because it doesn't seem like it would mesh with Nolan's established universe. He's great at fantasy grounded in reality, so I'm also very interested to how he pulls it off. But drug-induced super-human strength and resurrection may be pushing it.

It does't have to be resurrection in that sense- a "Lazurus Pit" could be something like a Hyperbaric chamber, or the process itself could even be made around Stem cells or gene therapy, maybe not real resurrection in the sense that Ras would rise from the grave, but maybe a medical procedure that turns back the clock and heals on a cellular level. It's still a strech though, It'll be interesting to see how they do this.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Phew! Was worried I was going to have to create a new thread for this. I think Livey/Triffy would have killed me for that!

Anyhoo, it's heavily rumoured that the first trailer for TKDR will premiere after HP 7.5. Make of that what you will.

Years
  • Phew! Was worried I was going to have to create a new thread for this. I think Livey/Triffy would have killed me for that!

Anyhoo, it's heavily rumoured that the first trailer for TKDR will premiere after HP 7.5. Make of that what you will.

I'd be saddd. ;;

I've heard that rumor as well, and I hope to God it's true. That would be amazing, but what would it consist of? It'll probably just be a short teaser, + epic music and the Batman logo. Not that I'm complaining. XDD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Based on the poster, I call... this movie being based-on/inspired the Cataclysm storyline in the comics. Earthquake in Gotham.

With liberties of course. Like how BB was loosely based on Year One, or TDK on The Man Who Laughs and The Long Halloween.

Interestingly, should this movie actually be based on Cataclysm... the upcoming Arkham City games seems to take inspiration from No Man's Land, which is the follow-up to Cataclysm.

Years
  • I think having Bane and Catwoman as the villains will ruin the serious, dark theme set up in the last two films.

It would be the same for many of the other 'fun' batman villains.

I wouldn't mind if they were just secondary villains and Scarecrow was the main villain (I mean after brief appearances in the first two they must have been building for something).

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    So did anyone see the teaser trailer? I'm dying to see it but I don't want to check the bad online quality ones. ;-;

Years
  • So did anyone see the teaser trailer? I'm dying to see it but I don't want to check the bad online quality ones. ;-;

Now remember it's a teaser, but It was pretty awesome. Literally the epitome of a good teaser - just barely enough so you know that it's Batman, but pretty mum on the major details & characters.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Christian Bale looks like srs biz with dim push ups. I saw the teaser at Harry Potter, I definitely got the continued "dark" feeling that this trilogy has. And was it me or was he going to box Bane? Cause I doubt that will end too well.

Back