• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Darker Side of The Pokecommunity

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Yeah, I finally made a theme for PC. I started on it today because Nica made me I want to. It's meant to be a dark style theme that PC lacks. D:

This is my first theme here so I need good C&C, feedback and whatever you can do to better it. Oh, and thanks to Gerri for the gradient I used.

I really need help with buttons and misc images because it'll take me forever if I did it myself. D:

I put this post here because I can't post in Style Studio so Hiroshi Sotomura told me to post here and ask staff to move it. Never mind that XD;

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I like it, I mean it is about time we actually start bringing in some darker themes. I like the banner design, and the post-it IMO seems perfect and interesting to be placed there for the forum logo. However, the Honchcrow just doesn't seem to fit and seems more out of place. I wouldn't mind that being removed for something better if possible.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I like it, I mean it is about time we actually start bringing in some darker themes. I like the banner design, and the post-it IMO seems perfect and interesting to be placed there for the forum logo. However, the Honchcrow just doesn't seem to fit and seems more out of place. I wouldn't mind that being removed for something better if possible.
    Originally, it was meant to be a non-Pokemon header but I thought I should add a Pokemon which fits the theme since this is a Pokemon forums. I'll see what I can do when it comes to the final release.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I really like this. I would definitely use it once it came out. But I think it could use some more pazzaz.

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
    Years
    Wow. I'm very happy that I came to this thread. I'll be back when it's finished, this is win!

Imagine.

Escaping Beyond Hope
    Years
    • Age 27
    • GBR
    • Seen Oct 28, 2015
    Wow, this looks pretty nice. Great work. Might use this since I like Honchkrow.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Well I figured I'd post up some new pictures of some things that I've gotten done. I've included a look at the posts, an early version of the index page with the old markers, and a quick snap of the new forum markers. Mizaki and I are still fine tuning the colours.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Wow, nice work guys! It is about time there is going to be some dark themes. We need some more. Can't wait til it is finished. :D

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Here's an update on the header. I've tried to blend the Honchkrow into it to look more natural.

Spoiler:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    The transparent Murkrow and Honchcrow added in behind for the header shows to be a definite better position for it.
    The theme is starting to pick up and catch my attention.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    Awesome, love the dark theme.

I like it now because it's nice and simple.
    Buuut the header is a bit awkward --
    -"The Pokecommunity" is real plain and underlined makes it look even more... meh;
    - and the post it note looks awkward. Still Working shouldn't be capitalized. :O
    The new Krows are amazing, great work on that. And the forum markers look excellent.

Can't wait to use it.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    - and the post it note looks awkward. Still Working shouldn't be capitalized. :O

I was about to comment on that myself.
    At the very least, 'working' shouldn't capitalized.

Other then that, it looks great.

I love darker themes, especially black ones, so I'm happy to see this.

Awesome job on it. (b ' ')b

Back