• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The disappointments

Status
Not open for further replies.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I was actually expecting to hear about a Dark-type gym leader, instead of a water one(poison is a nice surprise though), but I guess we can wait because we still don't know too much.

The only thing I didn't like about the two rival thing in Black and White was that they were constantly battling you (which got annoying) and that Cheren was much much stronger than Bianca.

It would be a nice change of pace at having a real competitive female (main) rival for once, tbh.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I excitement far outweighs my disappointment! But the lack of Follow-me feature does disappoint me a little. Everything else, I can live with!

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
The Follow-me feature was...okay for me in Heart gold and Soul Silver. The only thing I didn't like about it was that when ever I pressed A on my Pokemon, it would have a sad face alot and I would be like..."WHAT DID I DO WRONG?" Also, it got a bunch of useless items for the contests that I never did.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
This is the disappointment thread, not the follow-me thread. The only problem I have right now is the name "Akuroma". Seriously, how obviously evil is this guy?

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
hey! You never know, there are plenty of rivals in games that look really evil but are good in the end.

Last edited:

Mr. Magius

  
Years
This is the disappointment thread, not the follow-me thread. The only problem I have right now is the name "Akuroma". Seriously, how obviously evil is this guy?
Yes, and people consider the lack of Follow Me to be a disappointment...
Akuroma definitely sounds and LOOKS evil (reminds me of Elpizo from Mega Man Zero 2 or Dr. Weil from the series), but we'll have to see his English name, since I have no idea what connotations on a Japanese name looks like. xD

hey! You never know, there are plenty of rivals in games that look really evil but are good in the end.
Akuroma isn't a rival, is he? He's a Professor.
"He researches Pokémon strength and is experimenting on something to do with the dormant abilities of Pokémon."
Well if he's experimenting on Pokémon, I don't think that's a good thing..

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
I'm dissapointed its not on 3DS, I've been waiting for a 3D Pokemon adventure (other then Super Pokemon Rumble, I enjoyed it though). Older GEN Pokemon appearing is a bit confusing since none have appeared in Black until the east side was opened up to us, but hey, anything can happen in the space of 2 years... Hero's design isn't all that in my opinion, in fact the only Hero designs I've liked are Red, Gold/Ethan and Brenden, the rest I dislike, especially Lucas.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
The male protagonist looks like a transvestite with his sickening leggings and awful pants. The jewfro guy should have been the male protagonist. I'm a bit biased on this, though, considering I actually have a jewfro in real life.

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Well the character is only a smart part of the game. I probably will play as the male character because he gets a higher chance of getting Male pokemon, So I can have a team of male. But I do agree that the main characters don't look...the greatest...

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Well the character is only a smart part of the game. I probably will play as the male character because he gets a higher chance of getting Male pokemon, So I can have a team of male. But I do agree that the main characters don't look...the greatest...

The part about the male protagonist that bothers me the most is... well... everything, actually. His hair looks like crap, his visor cap is stupid, his tights are just weird, his V-neck is awful, he's too short, and his eyes are the biggest I've ever seen on a Pokemon character.

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Yes, he does look a bit...stupid. But I bet you can barely notice it when your actually playing the game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The part about the male protagonist that bothers me the most is... well... everything, actually. His hair looks like crap, his visor cap is stupid, his tights are just weird, his V-neck is awful, he's too short, and his eyes are the biggest I've ever seen on a Pokemon character.
Well the girl has pretty big eyes as well...both of them have the biggest eyes yet in the franchise...

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
The only really thing I can think of it that they haven't done anything to pull back the screen, so the back sprites are still all pixilated. Hopefully fixed for next generation

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
Actually, I'm quite glad that it's not on 3DS. The latest handheld I own is a DS Lite.
I would upgrade to 3DS but there aren't enough games out on it that I'm interested in and forking out money for a new handheld for just one game is a waste of money in my opinion.

The onyl gripe I have is that they still haven't implemented following Pokémon again since HG/SS. Oh well...

NatureKeeper

It isn't 3D. If it were, I would've told them to SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. But, no, we need to get stuck with 2004 Graphics, crappy texturing and 2D pixelated sprites when tryingto make a psuedo 3D engine. This is truly the only disappointment- Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 look like they are DESIGNED for the 3DS- with the StreetPass-like features, the good implementation of 3D and so on. And getting Gift Cards through SpotPass would be NEAT.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm only disappointed that the follow-me feature didn't seem to make a return. :/ I wanted Petilil following me dang it. But I'll survive... :( :( :(

;________________________;

No I won't.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The biggest disappointment so far, for me, is that they kept the Unova starters to begin with. :\

I was also disappointed, but only because I wanted them to start with new starters (aka new Pokemon) rather than B/W's. :( But oh well! Better than past generation Pokemon imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back