• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The disappointments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am really glad it isn't 3DS. I didn't want to have to buy a 3DS just to play them exspecly sense i just for DSiXL last year right before the BW came out. I am not really disappointed in anything. I am really intersted in the cops blocking the persons path in Nimbasa thought. I wish the following feature had come back,but it didn't really matter one way or the other.

I didn't like that there is only 1 main Rival that we know of. And I am kinda mad becaus ethey went back to the girly girl look on the female after haveing the other girl in BW

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Not disappointed about anything aside from the male hero design. I'm glad there will be old pokes in, glad it's on DS (I don't own a 3DS), glad there's no follow feature. But seriously, the male hero just seems to get less and less manly with each generation, while the female gets more and more girly (I just might end up using the female, and I never do). Moar Kanto plz.

FireRed_LeafGreen_Red.png

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
Same here ^^;; Really, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the male character: "oh, so we can't play as the boy?......WHAT?!"

If we really couldn't play as the male character, there would be riots going around right now.

So boys always have to have short is that what your all saying?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Okay Ashley, we get it. You really like his hair. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Really hate the fact that old pokemon are being encountered in these games. Unova is supposed to be far away from the other regions, meaning all other pokemon from other regions shouldnt be encounterable. Idk, that just bugs me.

Also no follow me feature annoys me.

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
One of the few things that I would be disappointed by is if they don't fix the really pixelly problem during battles. That really got to me in Black and White. I was really hoping for Black and White 2 to be on the 3DS. But who knows?! Maybe there will be "Pokemon Black and White 3D"

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I hate the male's hair
I'm so happy its a DS title, now I don't have to get $250 for a 3DS (add tax and game and it gets expensive...)

and dear lord the Rival looks like someone out of Dragon Ball Z

also, no following=good thing

Keep my pokemon in their pokeballs where they belong unless I need to battle someone

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Yes my only disappointment is only having one rival. It feels weird travelling with only one person and I'd like a male and female companion. Why can't the rival be female?

I also hope we see the other protagonist along the way. I'd be disappointed if we don't.

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Well, I mean... you only had one rival in the rest of the other games. I'm kinda happy that there is only one rival because that way, Cheren isn't coming up to you every time you go to a new Route and challenge you to a battle.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
My disappointment is the new male hero's appearance. I'm glad it's not for 3DS (I don't understand why others want a 3DS exclusive Gen 5 game. I can't even afford or save up money for something almost $300). I'm also disappointed that the Vs. Seeker option is not there for certain trainers that power up in team and levels after the main story. And Prof. Juniper is replaced!? Why replace the only female Professor? I DEFINITELY LIKE to see older Pokemon in the main story because forcing players to go through it with only Unova pokemon is infuriating. But having older Pokemon in the regional Pokedex means that the Battle Subway Normal lines will have older pokemon in the rosters, right? If the Battle Subway is left unchanged, I'll be the most disappointed player yet.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
Watching the new Pokémon Smash, I'm actually kind of disappointed that Game Freak chose to stick with the EXACT same music for regular battles and whatnot. Maybe what I was hearing was just a demo, but I would prefer to have remixed tracks, because those tracks DO get old.

I'm being picky, but c'mon, we have two whole new sequels that are set in the future ;-;

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
I love how everyone hates how the characters look, not how the actual game looks. XD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
My disappointment is the new male hero's appearance. I'm glad it's not for 3DS (I don't understand why others want a 3DS exclusive Gen 5 game. I can't even afford or save up money for something almost $300). I'm also disappointed that the Vs. Seeker option is not there for certain trainers that power up in team and levels after the main story. And Prof. Juniper is replaced!? Why replace the only female Professor? I DEFINITELY LIKE to see older Pokemon in the main story because forcing players to go through it with only Unova pokemon is infuriating. But having older Pokemon in the regional Pokedex means that the Battle Subway Normal lines will have older pokemon in the rosters, right? If the Battle Subway is left unchanged, I'll be the most disappointed player yet.

1: 3DS is $170...not almost 300. 3DS cost as much as an iXL.
2: Haven't gotten far enough to rule VS Seeker out so still hope for that.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
^ Well, still, I can't afford or save up that much money for it.
And hopefully, they'll add the Vs. Seeker option. It will be a major disappointment to only grind by Audino-hunting and Elite 4 over and over again.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I love how everyone hates how the characters look, not how the actual game looks. XD
Because the games look flippin' awesome!

At first I wasn't that disappointed when hearing that the game wouldn't be made for the 3DS because for one I don't own one, and I didn't really care about it much. But seeing the trailer/gameplay just makes me wonder how it would all look on a 3DS with the 3D features. & I would imagine it to look amazing. :[

Years
Yes my only disappointment is only having one rival. It feels weird travelling with only one person and I'd like a male and female companion. Why can't the rival be female?

I also hope we see the other protagonist along the way. I'd be disappointed if we don't.

Yeah, I hope the other protagonist serves a role as a professor's assistant or something.

I don't want this to be like FR/LG, where one protagonist doesn't appear at all...

I enjoyed B/W cos of the two rivals thing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Well having the same starters was kind of a letdown but at the very least this gives me a valid enough excuse to go with Oshawott now seeing how I already used Tepig once before and Snivy is rather underwhelming from what I've seen, not expecting Samurott to be as great as some of my friends put it out to be though but if I can get the TM for Swords Dance I can make a pretty effective wallbreaker with Aqua Jet, Megahorn, and Hydro Pump if I do say so myself but again I'm not getting my hopes up that much atm.

That and Kyurem still retaining its Dragon/Ice typing regardless of what form it changes into makes me a tad sad.

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
The only thing I didn't like about the two rival thing in Black and White was that they were constantly battling you (which got annoying) and that Cheren was much much stronger than Bianca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back