• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the domain .tk

Dahlia411

That Crazy Video Gamer Girl
    Years
    We transferred our site domain from .webs.com to .tk. It sounds like a very good deal, because it's free. When I tried showing the site (meaning ours) and it was blocked (it gives a reason why, etc, etc)due to something like malicious content, meaning viruses? My friend said that the site is virus free, if the owner (meaning me and Gardenia101) does not put any viruses on the site manually, and I'm pretty sure that we do not put viruses (etc, etc) on our site (hopefully) I know I don't. Does anybody know more about this??

What I get from this is : If YOU don't put viruses on yourself, then you're safe, but what about .tk???

If ANYONE knows about this, that'd be great

I would like to know if our site is safe, no viruses now however

Dahlia411

That Crazy Video Gamer Girl
    Years
    Thanks guys, do you know by chance how to remove the domain? because, our site goes under .webs.com as the original domain, if we just type that into the address box, will it still be ok?

Rosecross

Computer Wizard
    Years
    .tk sucks. I remember when I wanted to make my very first site and opted for it. Like aRedMoon said, it's masker. You see everything inside a "ww w.site.tk" link, so if you had a link for say, your forums, you would never see something like "ww w.site.tk.com/forums" because your site is behind a frame, therefore makes bookmarking and direct link access useless.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
    You should think about getting co.cc... Their service is probably better than '.tk'

Those tk domains are really a horrible service...

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
    The only closet free actual domain is co.cc(since it actualy does DNS). Most of the others are just redirects or cover ups of the real url.
    Precisely... No advertisements at all...

But then again, you're using freewebs... So you'll have to use their URL redirection services.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Just buy a domain; $10 a year for a domain name is nothing. Stop using with low-level such as .co.cc, .tk, co.nr or anything else that's being offered over the web. The more you use their free services the more you're giving them the leverage to do whatever they please to milk money from you because it's a free service they don't owe you.

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
    Years
    Just buy a domain; $10 a year for a domain name is nothing. Stop using with low-level such as .co.cc, .tk, co.nr or anything else that's being offered over the web. The more you use their free services the more you're giving them the leverage to do whatever they please to milk money from you because it's a free service they don't owe you.

Exactly, the free ones have their catches or set backs.
    So buying one is the best thing for a serious website.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I agree with what has been said here. Having used .tk a few years ago, it is indeed a horrible service.

If you are serious about your website, you will want to get a paid domain name. But since you said you're hosted on freewebs, you might as well buy a hosting package as well. Freewebs is one of the worst hosting services available. You can find paid hosts out there that are really cheap, but again, it all depends on how serious or dedicated you are or plan to be with your website.

If you plan on going far with it, keep it on freewebs until you start running out of bandwidth, then move onto a paid host such as Servage.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Sorry to change the topic, but what is a good free webhost? I think blogspot is okay, because you can customize it to its fullest. But I do also have byethost, that gives you 5 GB of hard drive space, but it kinda sucks... and $10 a year.. wow.. I would get a domain now!

Back