• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
  • It's level scheme start -> 30. lvl. -> 55.lvl. just like dragonite line...
    And it's OK to me..., cause it's really a powerful Pokemon.
    But of course, no one in their normal mind would evolve their Pupitar into T-tar at lvl. 55, but wait one more lvl. till Pupitar learns Earthquake, AND THEN let it evolve...

Which brings me to our new topic:
    What is, or was before, your favourite way to train your Dragon Pokemon, and what movesets did some of them have, AND why?

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • It's level scheme start -> 30. lvl. -> 55.lvl. just like dragonite line...
    And it's OK to me..., cause it's really a powerful Pokemon.
    But of course, no one in their normal mind would evolve their Pupitar into T-tar at lvl. 55, but wait one more lvl. till Pupitar learns Earthquake, AND THEN let it evolve...

Which brings me to our new topic:
    What is, or was before, your favourite way to train your Dragon Pokemon, and what movesets did some of them have, AND why?
    The most recent Dragon I had, a Dragonair, had:
    Surf
    Dragon Rage
    Thunder Wave
    (Maybe Hyper Beam...)
    I had it so I can have a in-game team with Surf & Waterfall & not have both moves on 1 pokemon.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years

• What is, or was before, your favourite way to train your Dragon Pokemon, and what movesets did some of them have, AND why?

Oh man, I definitely have to say my Garchomp. Only him and my Tyranitar I remember training out of all my dragons, and the specific Tyranitar isn't EV'd. Therefore bringing my choice to the 'Chomp.

Also, I'm going to add BW dragons (if I don't finish today, the rest will be up tomorrow). We can debate on non dragons if the members have educated opinions on it. Here's emphasizing the 'educated' part.

EDIT: Wow, whoa, I think I read the topic wrong. My favorite WAY I trained my Dragons was having them constantly fight higher leveled Pokemon and still pwn them. This was either before I knew what EV'ing was, or after they had been EV'd.

EDIT 2: Actually, uploading the BW sprites may take longer than a day... :P I might just use Bulbapedia. We'll just have to deal with no animated sprites.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • I have a theory on Altaria & wanted to know what you guys think:

My theory is that Altaria isn't a dragon, It's a bird with the same kind of energy that's usually found only within dragons.

But am I the first to think of this?

The Ice Type

HUGE Girlpowershipper <3
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    Favorite Dragons? Garchomp, Lugia, Rayquaza, Charizard, Kingdra, Giratina, Dialga, Salamence, Dragonair, Dragonite, Gyarados, Latias, Latios... Basically the majority of Dragon-types, with the exception of Gen V, seeing as I have not played it yet xD
    Should Garchomp and/or Salamence be Uber? Yes actually. I know Garchomp is a pain to beat/counter if not fully prepared, and they make for massively powerful sweepers. Not wise to underestimate the strength of these two.
    Lance or Clair? I happen to like both, actually. Clair has an air of awesomeness and Lance is epic.
    Which Dragon looks best Shiny? Rayquaza!
    Giratina: 'Origin' Form or 'Another' Form? Origin Forme
    Should Tyranitar be a Dragon? No. Personally I think it's fine as it is. Changing it to dragon-type would take away its awesomeness, plus if it's changed to Dragon-type, depending on what's removed, it could be twice as weak to Ice-types.
    What is your favorite legendary Dragon? Toss up between Lugia and Giratina.

May I join the Den, pretty please?

MoonlessMidnight

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • May I join?

Favorite Dragons?
    Charizard (even though it's not technically a dragon type i still count it as a dragon), Kingdra, Salamence, Rayquaza, Girantina, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Dragonite (it was my first dragon after all ^_^ )
    Should Garchomp and/or Salamence be Uber?
    Salamence
    Lance or Clair?
    Lance...I just love him for some reason >.>
    Which Dragon looks best Shiny?
    I'd say it's a 3 way tie between Charizard, Rayquaza, and Haxorus for me
    Giratina: 'Origin' Form or 'Another' Form?
    Origin form
    Whats your Dragon Team?
    Charizard, Kingdra, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Zekrom, Salamence (though right now i don't have Salamence and in my team i tend to leave one pokemon as a non dragon)
    Should Tyranitar be a Dragon?
    It could work but I'm fine with Tyranitar as a dark pokemon so I'd say no.
    What is your favorite legendary Dragon?
    My fav legendary dragon would have to be Rayquaza. After him would be Girantina and then Zekrom.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • I have a theory on Altaria & wanted to know what you guys think:

My theory is that Altaria isn't a dragon, It's a bird with the same kind of energy that's usually found only within dragons.

But am I the first to think of this?

tkallab said:
    Let's just keep it that Dragon types are Dragons too. For my own peace of mind, I consider the Dragon type to be an element that some Pokémon have, no matter if they are truly a Dragon or not. Apparently Altaria has the Dragon Element, just like Starmie happens to have the Psychic element.
    So, we can all say now that Altaria belongs in the Dragon's Den, wether he is a Dragon or not doesn't matter, because he has the Dragon element. I still don't think he's a Dragon, though.

Nope, I was just before you ^^

Anyway, sorry for not being online the last few days, busy... I also didn't recieve any e-mails about there being a reply to this thread, which I usually get (I'm that dedicated :D)

Be addin' new peepz soon. :)

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Altaira is a dragon out of two reasons:
    1) It's already more powerful than the rest of the bird Pokemon, so they probably thought it needs some more distinction from the rest...
    2) It's got a mythical aura about it, which is ussually associated with dragons...

MeiChama

Spazztastic Fangirl~
    Years
  • I wish to join please! 8D

Favorite Dragons? The Dratini Family
    Should Garchomp and/or Salamence be Uber? Yes to both
    Lance or Clair? Lance
    Which Dragon looks best Shiny? Dragonair
    Giratina: 'Origin' Form or 'Another' Form? Origin
    Whats your Dragon Team? Dragonite, Lugia, Garchomp, Salamence, Deino, Zekrom.
    Should Tyranitar be a Dragon? It looks more like a Dinosaur to me, but yes.
    What is your favorite legendary Dragon? Palkia.

sak5222

Lets play pokemon!
    Years
  • Can I join?

Fav Dragons:
    Kingdra (on heartgold team)
    Dragonite (on heartgold team)
    Tyranitar (on heartgold team)

Dragon Team:
    Kingdra
    Dragonite
    Tyranitar
    Altaria
    Garchomp
    Charizard

Which dragon looks best shiny

CHARIZARD

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Looks great, good stats aswell as movepoll, yet the name sucks! I prefer Ononkus...
    haxorus sounds like a virus...
    Honestly, I like Haxorus better than I do any other pokemon names...
    (I think it's because of the X.... I just got it stuck in my head that any name with a X in it is awesome, like Mega Man X...)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back